Where the REAL tankers at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    You may want to re-read your post. Here....I'll give you a couple snippets of what you just wrote.

"I actually found evidence that DeMar's game isn't developing in the ways we thought it was. He isn't attacking the basket more - in fact, a higher percentage of his shot attempts are taken away from the basket. He's launching 3's at a much higher rate than ever before - he *now attempts* just as many 3's as he does shots at the rim. And, in spite of taking far more shots this year than any previous year, his free throw attempts have plateaued. He's shooting more but he isn't getting to the line more.

I really don't want to spend anymore time looking through your post because clearly your the one trolling. Who said you were talking about stats from 2013/14??? YOU!!! OMG
    FYI "his entire career-arc" is going to include his production in 2013/14. Your accusation was that I was looking at small sample size stats, i.e. 2013/14 only.

Again, I refer you to #2 in the post you quoted.
    Last edited by S.R.; Mon Nov 18, 2013, 06:44 PM.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      FYI "his entire career-arc" is going to include his production in 2013/14. Your accusation was that I was looking at small sample size stats, i.e. 2013/14 only.

Again, I refer you to #2 in the post you quoted.
      I must say that some of you guys really go OUT of your way to be rude. If it's a misunderstanding, then its a misunderstanding. Relax man. I don't know you, nor do i have anything personal against you. Clearly, you WERE looking at this year's stats as well. Again, my original point was that you have to wait a bit longer to make difinitive statements on whether he is better this year compared to last season (past years). Do you get that?? Were you not comparing him to his past seasons?? We're 11 games in and your already crying about a whole bunch of shit. Dude, he looks improved to me.....whether the numbers will back it up over a 82 game schedule is another thing.

FYI - It's not cool to switch up your argument after you already made it. Nice try though.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Someone please explain how DeMar DeRozan is better than 2005/06 Mike James:

Link: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...per_game::none

What's the point? Many players in the NBA could put up similar (and better) scoring numbers given the no-questions-asked green light that DeMar's been given.
        Again...blow up this team if it needs it. But do it on sound logic. Mike James has had a ten year NBA career averaging less than 10 points a game. You pick one aberrant season where he had not only his most FGA but also his best PPG by far. I don't think you can cherry pick like that. There are probably many good ways to put Demar's weaknesses in perspective I don't think using (the other) MJ holds water. Maybe Demar is better than 2005/2006 Mike James because there was also a 2001-2014 Mike James
        Last edited by Jclaw; Mon Nov 18, 2013, 07:17 PM.

Comment

• Mundy wrote: View Post
          Fair enough. But you missed the whole point of my post. I wasn't singling you out, and I in fact praised your posting. The only part I had an issue with is the "we have a great fanbase" part of it. It may have been a knee-jerk reaction, but what you need to realize is that the people on these types of forums aren't the standard for all fans. I simply meant that there are people out there (which I think I also mentioned in 2 posts, that I was referring to a general attitude that I've seen personally, NOT exclusively on RR) is that the only way to win is to be the absolute worst. It wasn't about relocating. It was about taking the laziest possible route to getting good players, which in MY opinion is a bit of an insult to the game, effective or not.

I don't know. I really didn't mean to boil your post down to a single sentence. I truly didn't. I'm just entirely sick of the #tankforwiggins bs I'm seeing everywhere. Maybe I just need to take a break.
          Bold 1: Sorry. My misinterpretation.

Bold 2: There is more than Wiggins in this draft. Honestly I have said this before and here goes again: I would not be surprised if he is not #1. It is also not just about this draft, this team is crap. It is built on the foundation Colangelo made. Time to rid the organization once and for all. Not taking a shot at Colangelo, its just what he did didn't work - move on.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

Bold 2: There is more than Wiggins in this draft. Honestly I have said this before and here goes again: I would not be surprised if he is not #1. It is also not just about this draft, this team is crap. It is built on the foundation Colangelo made. Time to rid the organization once and for all. Not taking a shot at Colangelo, its just what he did didn't work - move on.
            Just to add on this… id take a top 6 pick and be beyond happy with that. All of those guys will be franchise changing players. Top 3 especially but small drop off from 1-3 - 4-6. IMO at this point

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Again...blow up this team if it needs it. But do it on sound logic. Mike James has had a ten year NBA career averaging less than 10 points a game. You pick one aberrant season where he had not only his most FGA but also his best PPG by far. I don't think you can cherry pick like that. There are probably many good ways to put Demar's weaknesses in perspective I don't think using (the other) MJ holds water. Maybe Demar is better than 2005/2006 Mike James because there was also a 2001-2014 Mike James
              The only point of that comparo is at the bottom: "Many players in the NBA could put up similar (and better) scoring numbers given the no-questions-asked green light DeMar's been given." I think DeMar's shot attempts need to be reigned in and he needs a more focused role within more of a team-first system (same for Gay, obviously). The "let them gun 'cause they're gunners" mentality is absurd - again, green light a guy even as limited as Mike James and, as you pointed out, he can put up similar numbers to DeMar.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                It goes to show how quickly you change paths.....How quickly we go from one extreme (no flexibility) to wanting to TANK and trade the very same guys you wanted so badly. The very same guys who you critisize and say you don't even want to wait and see. Sorry, if i don't forget that easily. You can jump on the tank bandwagon, BUT you can't pretend that you didn't want this in the first place!
                Last year with Colangelo in charge, there was zero chance of a "tanked" season. My theory was, why wish for something that was never going to happen?

This year, with Masai in charge, it's a completely different ball game. EDIT: And a much bigger prize.

The smart thing to do is adjust your opinion as new evidence becomes available. The Earth isn't flat anymore, special
                Last edited by Nilanka; Tue Nov 19, 2013, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Question to all tankers

Do you think JV will resign after not making the playoffs after 4 years?

It's funny that JV fab boys are one in same as the tankers. People think that it's going to be as simple as drafting someone this year and than making the playoffs next season. It's not going to be that easy. If Lebron didn't make the playoffs his rookie year than these guys won't either. We're looking at least at a 3 year rebuilding process. That's only if we pick up a nice vet free agent who wants to play for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 8 years. Get him at market value too lol. Back to my question. Do you think JV will resign after 4 years of no any post season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• If Lebron didn't make the playoffs his rookie year
                    Lebron had a shit team in Cleveland. We don't expect to be that shit and have such a lazy gm as to not surround the key players with decent talent.

Plus, I'm pretty sure everyone learned that from when Lebron left Cleveland. Even Bosh leaving Toronto. You need to have good surrounding players and depth.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Yes. Of course he will, or rather could. Direction is everything.

2 basic scenarios:

-Raps scrape for possible early playoff exits this season and next, then need to rebuild anyway as they lack the right pieces to get to another level moving forward. The likely rebuild starts in Jonas' last year. Therefore he goes into the summer with the Raps likely having his worst season while with the team. Why would he want to re-sign into such a situation?

-Raps scrap the current roster and aim for a development movement for a couple of years, getting a high draft pick a year or two in a row, and adding any other assets they can. While taking a step back this year, in all likelihood by Jonas' final year the team will be on the upswing, even if not the playoffs, with younger players and hopefully a legit core, and the obvious chance to keep improving and be a perennial playoff team and possibly finally having roster pieces that can reach the elite level of true contenders. This sounds like a much better situation to me.

Either way, we need a new coach.

Comment

• This is the second biggest reason to start the rebuild now, if that's what Ujiri wants.

The biggest reason is to try to take advantage of a great 2014 draft class, but re: keeping Jonas happy - 3 more seasons is PLENTY of time to score a couple key building blocks (whether through the draft, trade, or FA). If the team is still not that great in terms of W/L, but there are clearly a couple of high-ceiling, talented pieces on the roster along with JV, then yes, absolutely I would think he'd be interested in re-signing and sticking around for the journey.

If you continue with 2 or 3 more years of Colangelo-esque treading water while trying to retool on the fly, then JV is much more likely to bolt. That's your biggest risk with him (other than having the wing players ignore him in the post game after game after game....).

Comment

• Don't forget that the type of top-5 prospect we're talking about in the '14 draft, are NBA-ready players (not "projects" that require 4+ years to develop). Yes, there will be a learning curve, but it'll be a relatively short one. Think Anthony Davis or Damian Lillard.

Also, on the off-chance the Raptors still stink by Jonas' contract year, and he hasn't agreed to an extension, trade him. Why go through the Bosh situation again? Get some good pieces in return (just like Masai did with Melo). We all love Jonas, but our championship hopes don't solely rest on his shoulders.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

No need to apologize, it wasn't an entirely clear comparison. And your opinion about the direction of the team isn't the one I was mentioning, I really tried to make that distinction. I have to problem if Ujiri tears it down because there truly IS so much talent in the top 6 of this draft, but the #tankforwiggins movement/bandwagon is what sets me off. It's on here occasionally, it's on twitter, it's on other forums I frequent... and it's short sighted. I was bringing up something you said in reference to this, but I tried to distinguish your posts from that general attitude.
                            "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Don't forget that the type of top-5 prospect we're talking about in the '14 draft, are NBA-ready players (not "projects" that require 4+ years to develop). Yes, there will be a learning curve, but it'll be a relatively short one. Think Anthony Davis or Damian Lillard.

Also, on the off-chance the Raptors still stink by Jonas' contract year, and he hasn't agreed to an extension, trade him. Why go through the Bosh situation again? Get some good pieces in return (just like Masai did with Melo). We all love Jonas, but our championship hopes don't solely rest on his shoulders.
                              This is interesting post. They can put up as much number as they want. Doesn't matter unless if you win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• 1- JV can't leave after 4 years. 5 minimum, and that's accepting a major pay cut for the 5th year and also announcing that you don't want to be here long-term Garanteeing a trade.

2-Lebron didn't make the playoffs in his rookie year ? are you serious, you couldn't find any other rookies who have ? or did you mean Lebron didn't carry a team to the playoffs in his rookie year ? Haven't we learned in 18 years that cashing in on our 1 star player is not gonna cut it ? If he leaves that would be the reason more than anything.

3-If in 3 years the teams' struggles are gonna be pinned on this season, then we have way more problems then that We haven't made them in the last 5 years, we brought back the team that was suppose to make it last year, and still don't look like we'll make it.

JV leaves in 5 years it has nothing to do with the GM making moves so he gets more space and more touches, you're just reaching.

Comment

Working...
                                X