Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should The Raps take a chance on Iverson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should The Raps take a chance on Iverson?

Iverson apparently wants another shot at the NBA. Should the Raps take a chance on him to mentor Bayless?

Just a thought. What do you guys think?

Awesome interview with Iverson today in SLAM magazine.

I love the guy but I don't want him on the Raps. He's one of those guys that doesn't realize he's not the same player he used to be.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

No. If you're goal is to win a championship, you need a 5 year plan. Not a one year plan.
      You only *consider* if you're VERY close to winning it. Even then I wouldn't.
      http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

I swear, this topic comes up a lot more often than it should.

Iverson isn't one of these guys who's a true team player. He wouldn't come in here looking to be a mentor. He's always gonna want to start and gonna want to dominate the rock. Pass.

Comment

Awesome, awesome idea. Definitely! He's exactly the guy you want on your team as a mentor!
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

"You taking shots, DeMar? Practice? We talking about practice?"

i can see it now
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

"How the hell can I make my teammates better by practicing?"

ya... no thanks.

Comment

What Liston said. Iverson wanting another shot at the NBA and Iverson wanting to mentor someone are two different things. So with the mentoring bit out of the picture, the question is can Iverson help our 3- to 5-year plan. Considering he was unable to help a good team in Detroit, and was also unable to help a bad team in Philadelphia, do we really need to see what he might or might not bring to our team?

Comment

It makes no sense to do it. He's only going to take minutes away from people who are part of the plan.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    Awesome, awesome idea. Definitely! He's exactly the guy you want on your team as a mentor!
                    Common Tim. Don't hold back. Tell us what you really feel.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Common Tim. Don't hold back. Tell us what you really feel.
                      Tim is anything but "common". =P

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                        Tim is anything but "common". =P
                        Thank you, sir. Now if you don't mind, I have to go sit on my throne.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                          Iverson apparently wants another shot at the NBA. Should the Raps take a chance on him to mentor Bayless?

Just a thought. What do you guys think?

Iverson as a mentor? Now I've heard it all. I haven't read the SLAM interview yet, but judging from his attitude in Denver, Detroit, Memphis and the latter part of his Philly career, he still thinks he's an All-NBAer. Even though he might say he's willing to take on a smaller role or whatever, a leopard can't change its spots. At this point in their careers, this would be like bringing Steve Francis on board.

Comment

We are already drafting the next iverson

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              We are already drafting the next iverson

are u seriously comparing walker to iverson? one of the best scorers in NBA's history?

Comment

Working...
                              X