Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai speaks! (And nothing is clear yet!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masai is the master of mis direction while we're looking at the potential Kyle Lowry thing hes getting us Kevin Durant with the help of Drake, while sleeping with the 3rd Destiny's Child member.

Man is a genius.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
      OK, so if there's no more tank, then they should try to bring in veteran players to improve the team now. No reason to worry more about 5 years down the road.
      No. We aren't trying to win it all this year. It's not going to happen. We want to maintain assets, develop our players internally and maintain a window of competitive play for as long as possible.

When the team really is one asset away from contention, then you make those types of trades.
      Last edited by stooley; Fri Jan 3, 2014, 02:39 PM.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
        Masai is the master of mis direction while we're looking at the potential Kyle Lowry thing hes getting us Kevin Durant with the help of Drake, while sleeping with the 3rd Destiny's Child member.

Man is a genius.
        Michelle? The gospel singer?!?! Ugh, that's such a short-sighted Colangelo move.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
          No. We aren't trying to win it all this year. It's not going to happen. We want to maintain assets, develop are players internally and maintain a window of competitive play for as long as possible.

When the team really is one asset away from contention, then you make those types of trades.
          Yes! Thank you! This team is already winning now, just let them play. People on here seem to have BC-itis, "shit we're winning now, trade away all of our assets and sign some over the hill player so we can win!" We can all agree we won't win a championship this season. So let this team go as far as we can, draft well in the 17-22 spot, supplement with better bench players and watch them grow internally. There's no need to make preemptive moves just because this winning "isn't sustainable." Who says it isn't sustainable? And if it isn't sustainable, make moves once it collapses. To make bonehead asset trades for veterans who are most likely past their prime stinks of Colangelo and is something we're all too used to (Roy Hibbert for Jermaine O'Neal, anyone?). Have we been so badly conditioned by years of terrible management?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Brandon wrote:
            OK, so if there's no more tank, then they should try to bring in veteran players to improve the team now. No reason to worry more about 5 years down the road.
            Seriously, you want to mortgage the future to go all-in for this season?!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              Seriously, you want to mortgage the future to go all-in for this season?!

I gotta believe he was joking

A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                That's not what I said. I'm sorry you interpreted it that way. I'm saying it's preferable to get the Afflalos of the league as opposed to waiting for the Ross types to improve (which may never happen). A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. If they decide to tank, then keep the Ross types because they may achieve something meaningful in the future. When you're going around beating up on the best teams in the league it's time to think about accomplishing something now.
                We already have one of the "Afflalos of the league". His name is Demar and I'd rather have him, he's way younger and more willing to learn. Also having the Afflalos of the league won't necessarily help win a championship now, while Ross is playing just fine (great d against some of the top players in the league the past 10 games). I'd rather just let this team go as far as they go (whether that means a first round exit, a second round exit or even a ec finals appearance) then watch Ross grow even more next season, and exponentially in two seasons, etc.

We trade him to the magic, he becomes an all-star in 3 years and we have a 30 something year old afflalo who leaves for miami

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                  That's not what I said. I'm sorry you interpreted it that way. I'm saying it's preferable to get the Afflalos of the league as opposed to waiting for the Ross types to improve (which may never happen). A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. If they decide to tank, then keep the Ross types because they may achieve something meaningful in the future. When you're going around beating up on the best teams in the league it's time to think about accomplishing something now.
                  Yes, let's trade Ross for a vet.. Rudy Gay might be available.

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                    Yes! Thank you! This team is already winning now, just let them play. People on here seem to have BC-itis, "shit we're winning now, trade away all of our assets and sign some over the hill player so we can win!" We can all agree we won't win a championship this season. So let this team go as far as we can, draft well in the 17-22 spot, supplement with better bench players and watch them grow internally. There's no need to make preemptive moves just because this winning "isn't sustainable." Who says it isn't sustainable? And if it isn't sustainable, make moves once it collapses. To make bonehead asset trades for veterans who are most likely past their prime stinks of Colangelo and is something we're all too used to (Roy Hibbert for Jermaine O'Neal, anyone?). Have we been so badly conditioned by years of terrible management?

well if we're going with this argument, aren't chuck hayes and salmons basically veterans past their prime?

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      well if we're going with this argument, aren't chuck hayes and salmons basically veterans past their prime?
                      Chuck Hayes never smells the court and Salmons is somehow playing inspired ball. I don't think he was brought in for that purpose though

Comment

Masai speaks! (And nothing is clear yet!)

Brandon wrote:
                        Well, first of all Afflalo is a much better player than Derozan is or will ever be. Check his Win Shares on that. A backcourt of Afflalo and Lowry would be the best in the East, possibly the entire league. Second, it sounds like you believe the draft is the only way for the Raps to add good players. This is not correct. That's not how the two best players on the team, Lowry and Johnson, were added.
                        I don't think the draft is the only way to add players at all. I don't even know where that came from. I just think this team is benefitting from some inspired play from their core, these guys are hungry to win and I think bringing someone in NOW would not help anyone. Admittedly, i dont really follow Afflalo, but from the little I've seen and heard on him, he's a chucker with an ego, nothing special on defence and I'm sure his win shares stat is benefitting from the fact he plays on the MAGIC. The Magic. DeRozans win share would also be inflated on the magic. Hell even MY win shares would be inflated if I was on the magic.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                          Well, first of all Afflalo is a much better player than Derozan is or will ever be. Check his Win Shares on that. A backcourt of Afflalo and Lowry would be the best in the East, possibly the entire league. Second, it sounds like you believe the draft is the only way for the Raps to add good players. This is not correct. That's not how the two best players on the team, Lowry and Johnson, were added.
                          Agree with is better now. Can't say anymore than that for sure. DD is 24. Afflalo is 28. This year is Afflalo's breakout season. If he could do it, what excludes other players from doing so?

Ross has the potential to develop, and I'd rather have a team peaking in 2 years than right now. That gives us time to add more pieces, and develop around Jonas, who's showing tons of potential.

Finally, if we get Afflalo, then DD also has to go, I think their games are too similar.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                            Hahaha sure buddy, Keep telling yourself that. Hmm lets check Orlando's Record shall we...oh yes they are fucking 14th in the east with the 3rd worst record in the entire league. You have no clue what you are talking about bro, thankfully this team isn't run by Bryan Colangelo anymore cause he would have actually went through with a retarded trade like that. Ross is what 22? and Afflalo is like 28, i seriously don't know how you can automatically assume that Ross won't improve even furthur. Do you own a time machine? can you see into the future?

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              There's no doubt that MU is to blame for all ongoing arguments on RR this season
                              That is not true.

You're an effing idiot CRF.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                Hahaha sure buddy, Keep telling yourself that. Hmm lets check Orlando's Record shall we...oh yes they are fucking 14th in the east with the 3rd worst record in the entire league. You have no clue what you are talking about bro, thankfully this team isn't run by Bryan Colangelo anymore cause he would have actually went through with a retarded trade like that. Ross is what 22? and Afflalo is like 28, i seriously don't know how you can automatically assume that Ross won't improve even furthur. Do you own a time machine? can you see into the future?
                                sorry but you have to things in perspective here. if the magics record is so horrible, what do you have to say about a team whos 15-15? wouldn't mediocre be the proper term for it?

sacramento kings record is horrible. are you saying demarcus cousins sucks?

Comment

Working...
                                X