X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-way trade: TOR, PHO, DET

I thought of this this morning.
    3 Team trade between Phoneix, Detriot and Raptors

Suns get Greg Monreo (Detriot dont want to pay him anyways) He can become an interesting piece in their rebuilding process
    Raptors get Suns 2014 first round pick via Indiana , Charlie V's expiring and Rodney Stuckey's expiring
    Detroit get Rudy gay.

Salaries work out and its a win-win-win for everybody.
    Last edited by silversurfa23; Tue Oct 29, 2013, 03:32 PM. Reason: Correction on the pick suns would be giving up

silversurfa23 wrote: View Post

Suns get Greg Monreo (Detriot dont want to pay him anyways) He can become an interesting piece in their rebuilding process
    Raptors get Suns 2014 first round pick, Charlie V's expiring and Rodney Stuckey's expiring
    Detroit get Rudy gay.

How do salaries work out? PHX is absorbing Monroe and not sending anyone else out.

Comment

Raptors get Suns 2014 first round pick, Charlie V's expiring and Rodney Stuckey's expiring
      Detroit get Rudy gay.

Except for the part where Phoenix never, ever takes this trade, because Greg Monroe is a good young player but not likely to become a star, whereas their 2014 first-rounder (which will almost certainly be a top three pick) is probably much more likely to be a star, and will be cheaper for much longer (as opposed to Monroe, who will get at least $12M if not a max from somebody this year).

Phoenix, Philadelphia, and Orlando are not trading away their first-rounders in 2014. Rookie contracts for good players are premium currency in the NBA. Orlando and Philly both have two; Phoenix has four. Why on earth would they trade them to anybody when they're not anywhere near close to being competitive? I mean, Charlotte is at least remotely possible: a good start and they might decide to compete this year and give up one or two of the less impressive picks for good players right now. But Phoenix, Philly and Orlando aren't doing that, no chance.

Comment

I forgot to add that the pick Phoenix would be trading away would probably be the one owed to them by Indiana via the Scola trade(Lottery protected till 2019). Monreo becomes a restricted free agent at the end of the 2015 season. He can get paid then so no major cap implications till he hits RFA.

I think he can be a solid player in the league playing his natural PF position.

Just a thought anyways, highly unlikely.

Comment

I forgot to add that the pick Phoenix would be trading away would probably be the one owed to them by Indiana via the Scola trade(Lottery protected till 2019). Monreo becomes a restricted free agent at the end of the 2015 season. He can get paid then so no major cap implications till he hits RFA.

I think he can be a solid player in the league playing his natural PF position.

Just a thought anyways, highly unlikely.
          In that case sure, Phoenix would have to make that trade. You should edit your first post and write that it's the 2014 Indiana pick, not the Suns pick.

Anyway, I don't think Detroit would do the trade.

Comment

Working...
          X