Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    There's less passing cause BKN did their scouting. It's obvious we're at are best when there's ball movement. The nets are in the passing lane as much as they can. That's why the turnovers have been so high. It's not DD's fault for the lack of ball movement. It's BK's game plan to stop the ball movement. It's the playoffs. At some point it always comes down to your best player against mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are always situations where ISO is likely to happen. But not nearly every single play. Why are San Antonio or Miami able to move the ball effectively in the playoffs? They have arguably some of the best players in the league overall and at their positions yet they don't rely on stagnation or my turn/your turn offense. Even Atlanta.... they had 7 guys take 7 or more shots with no one shooting more than 11. That is team ball right there.

I am always fascinated by the excuses and apologies for DeRozan though.

What I'm left to wonder is if the ball can't move, why don't the players? Player movement creates open passing lanes and then the ball movement that comes as a result creates open driving lanes to attack. What would cause the lack of player movement? Poor coaching? Poor player IQ? Lack of faith DeRozan is going to pass?

AND it should definitely be noted DeRozan is not the only player trying to go 1 on 5.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      What I'm left to wonder is if the ball can't move, why don't the players? Player movement creates open passing lanes and then the ball movement that comes as a result creates open driving lanes to attack. What would cause the lack of player movement? Poor coaching? Poor player IQ? Lack of faith DeRozan is going to pass?
      I think it's a mulitude of factors, one of which being Brooklyns defense.
      Not to mention its sort of a chicken before the egg scenario; Did Demar decide to take the team on his back once he realized guys weren't going to help him out, or did guys stop helping out once Demar decided to take the team on his back.
      But considering the steps Demar has taken in advancing his court vision and finding open team mates during the regular season, I can't imagine they've all of sudden lost faith in him because of two games.
      Couple in the fact that even when Demar wasn't going ISO later in the game, guys were still standing around.

Comment

• There were numerous times just in the last game where derozan was involved in a pick and roll and val was wide open for about 5 seconds while derozan holds the ball and allows himself to get trapped by his man and garnett. By the time he realizes he's in too deep, its too late to make the pass. He needs to make quicker and better decisions. It was odd because when he was in a pick and pop with amir he would still hold the ball too long but he would then pass to amir around the 3pt line which doesn't lead to any scoring opportunities. Frustrating to watch, and like Matt said, so are the excuses for derozan. I agree others have been guilty but that doesn't excuse derozan in any way.

Comment

• The fourth quarter of game four was some of the best ball movement and overall play I've seen from the raptors in the series, and I don't think DeRozan made a field goal, nor did he force any ( I think) Coincidence? Mmmmm

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
            There were numerous times just in the last game where derozan was involved in a pick and roll and val was wide open for about 5 seconds while derozan holds the ball and allows himself to get trapped by his man and garnett. By the time he realizes he's in too deep, its too late to make the pass. He needs to make quicker and better decisions. It was odd because when he was in a pick and pop with amir he would still hold the ball too long but he would then pass to amir around the 3pt line which doesn't lead to any scoring opportunities. Frustrating to watch, and like Matt said, so are the excuses for derozan. I agree others have been guilty but that doesn't excuse derozan in any way.
            yeah those plays were driving me crazy. we have to give some credit to Brooklyn for that though (also, obviously, DD has to pass quicker, but they're making it hard for him)
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• The good thing is DeRozan is a student of the game. I'm sure he's watched Game 4's second half a bunch of times over the past few days.

Let's hope he's ready to recognize the aggressive traps much earlier tomorrow night.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                There were numerous times just in the last game where derozan was involved in a pick and roll and val was wide open for about 5 seconds while derozan holds the ball and allows himself to get trapped by his man and garnett. By the time he realizes he's in too deep, its too late to make the pass. He needs to make quicker and better decisions. It was odd because when he was in a pick and pop with amir he would still hold the ball too long but he would then pass to amir around the 3pt line which doesn't lead to any scoring opportunities. Frustrating to watch, and like Matt said, so are the excuses for derozan. I agree others have been guilty but that doesn't excuse derozan in any way.
                I don't know about others, but I'm not making excuses for him. I just realize that Demar is still learning, and is currently in a situation he hasn't been in before. It will take time and experience for him to get it right. Some of you talk like the guy has regressed or something, like he isn't a 24 year old player still figuring it out. So he isn't a superstar already, get over it... I can point out the fault's in his game and things he needs to improve on without harping on the kid constantly, or attempting to figure out ways to trade him for picks.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                  The fourth quarter of game four was some of the best ball movement and overall play I've seen from the raptors in the series, and I don't think DeRozan made a field goal, nor did he force any ( I think) Coincidence? Mmmmm
                  I think that Derozan took note of how his selfish play in the 3rd quarter was detrimental to the team's greater goal, and he quickly went away from that in the 4th. He chose to attack the basket, and he was swinging the ball very quickly. That spoke volumes to me. For a player to realize what he was doing wrong and ultimately make the appropriate corrections all whilst in his first playoff series shows what kind of a character Derozan possesses. He also drew one of the 3 crucial offensive fouls in the closing minutes of the 4th quarter to win the game.
                  I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                  -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                    I think that Derozan took note of how his selfish play in the 3rd quarter was detrimental to the team's greater goal, and he quickly went away from that in the 4th. He chose to attack the basket, and he was swinging the ball very quickly. That spoke volumes to me. For a player to realize what he was doing wrong and ultimately make the appropriate corrections all whilst in his first playoff series shows what kind of a character Derozan possesses. He also drew one of the 3 crucial offensive fouls in the closing minutes of the 4th quarter to win the game.
                    I hope so.

I was delighted when he came up with that huge charge at the end. Pretty sure he made a couple of other key plays on that end as well in the final quarter too.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                      I hope so.

I was delighted when he came up with that huge charge at the end. Pretty sure he made a couple of other key plays on that end as well in the final quarter too.
                      I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Derozan get a defensive stop in the last couple minutes.
                      "Bruno?
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                        I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Derozan get a defensive stop in the last couple minutes.
                        Lots of talk about DeRozan still having a lot of untapped potential.

This play in particular is the type of growth I want to see from him i.e. Improvement and impact without the ball in his hands.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          Lots of talk about DeRozan still having a lot of untapped potential.

This play in particular is the type of growth I want to see from him i.e. Improvement and impact without the ball in his hands.
                          Welcome to the boards, mcHAPPY

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I might rebrand myself too. I was thinking of Tyyniffer, with two "y"s?

I have been appreciating the generous use of the like button though, especially in this thread lol. McHappy, through and through
                            "Bruno?
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                              I might rebrand myself too. I was thinking of Tyyniffer, with two "y"s?

I have been appreciating the generous use of the like button though, especially in this thread lol. McHappy, through and through
                              bit too.. I dunno... hipster?
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Thanks.

I was a huge fan of that Matt52 poster.

He is incredible.

Say where has he been?

Comment

Working...
                                X