Raptors 2012-13 Starting SF, poll 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tucas wrote: View Post
    I chose Ilyasova. We would have a huge lineup almost like Utah except with a good PG and SG. He's solid at rebounding which makes up for bargnani's-lack of.
    Not to mention we wouldn't have to give anything up either.
    I also wouldn't mind seeing Iggy or deng both are solid and better than Ilyasova but I just think he's a better fit. And we would have to give up something good to get them.
    Who other than the PG is going to dribble the ball...
    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      BC says a lot of stuff
      touche ...you know what I mean..I can't type the accent thing on this keyboard

Comment

more impressed with the rebounds than points, but he's got a nice inside/outside game. i think he could translate to SF pretty well. he'd be especially effective in zone D next to bargs and val.
        In this game, MIL is mostly playing small ball and Ilysaova is playing the 4 a lot.

If you go through his game log last year, 2 things stand out to me:

1) he put up ridiculous stat lines one game and disappeared or was very average in many others.
        2) he played PF a lot last year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...ersan-ilyasova

Maybe he and Bargnani can compliment each other - who knows.

But like someone else said, who is going to dribble the ball with a possible Nash, DD, Ersan, Bargs, JV/Amir/Gray lineup?

Comment

Nash probably
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Nash probably
            Ya, is this a trick question. Nash dribbles and if he passes you the ball you better be shooting or giving it right back to him.

SUNS OFFENSE!!

Comment

Nash probably
              Sorry, I needed a second "else" in that sentence:

But like someone else said, who ELSE is going to dribble the ball with a possible Nash, DD, Ersan, Bargs, JV/Amir/Gray lineup?

Comment

Ross? JJ? i dunno.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'm going 'other'

Get Jared Dudley included in a sign and trade for Nash.

(Relatively) cheap contract, good d, nearly 50% fg and 40% 3pt.

Comment

Dud can't dribble either
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Dud can't dribble either
                      Fact, though he comes at a way better price so it makes it possible to trade Demar for somebody that actually can dribble
                      Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Look guys we're going to have to sign Brandon Rush it's just for the best
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Dud can't dribble either
                          Agreed. Things aren't looking good for DeMar.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            I'm going 'other'

Get Jared Dudley included in a sign and trade for Nash.

(Relatively) cheap contract, good d, nearly 50% fg and 40% 3pt.

Dudley and Nash can continue to have their light saber duels in Toronto together

I'm down with that trade

Comment

I would choose Ilyasova. A shooter and a good rebounder, and those are really good for the sf position. We can keep JJ as the back up for his defence. A starting line-up of nash/dero/ilyasova/bargs/JV is gonna be a really competetive team especially with casey's defence. Also, with nash Toronto will have something the NEVER had, and that's a leader in and out of the court. Bayless who has loads of potential will also greatly benefit with nash on the team, look what it did with dragic. Dang! I just kinda went of topic, but! Point is i would choose Ilyasova.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of any of the guys on the list, but I think I would lean toward Iguodala.

I like his ability to contribute on both ends of the court and adapt his play to whatever the team needs - ie: his stats were down this past season, but mostly because he was asked to focus on becoming their perimeter defensive stopper, while deferring to Holiday/Evans on the offensive end. He's a solid veteran who would add great leadership to the young Raptors team, especially if he's added along with Nash. His ability to play SF/SG provides even more lineup flexibilty for DC. He should still have at least 3-5 solid years left in him, given that he only turns 29 halfway through next season. The one concern I have with trading for him, is that he's only under contract for 2 seasons, the second being a player option (which I assume he'd probably use).

The next big question is: what would it take to get him from Philadelphia? I'd be happy trading Amir/Davis & JJ & 2013 1st round pick (top-8 protected).

Comment

Working...
                                X