Wait To Move Calderon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marz wrote: View Post
    This doesn't work if the spaghetti is dry. I just tried it.
    I used to eat dry spaghetti. Does a number on the stomach.

Comment

I suspect if BC doesnt get a decent offer for Calderon, that he will be returning next season. I think Jack is the favourite to start, but Calderon must be getting minutes to create any trade value. If BC gets a chance to move Jose's contract and get some value in return, he will do it. Given the uncertain NBA labour situation, it is a good idea for any teams to get rid of long term, expensive contracts. Especially for guys of questionable value like Jose Calderon.

I heard that next year's draft has more point guards projected to go in the first round. Hopefully the Raps lose 60 games and end up with a top 5 pick.

Comment

madeupid25 wrote: View Post
        I suspect if BC doesnt get a decent offer for Calderon, that he will be returning next season. I think Jack is the favourite to start, but Calderon must be getting minutes to create any trade value. If BC gets a chance to move Jose's contract and get some value in return, he will do it. Given the uncertain NBA labour situation, it is a good idea for any teams to get rid of long term, expensive contracts. Especially for guys of questionable value like Jose Calderon.

I heard that next year's draft has more point guards projected to go in the first round. Hopefully the Raps lose 60 games and end up with a top 5 pick.
        Rivals has four point guards out in their top eight for 2010 freshman class. Could all be one and done's.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...ings/rank-1909
        Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Aug 5, 2010, 03:23 PM.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          Rivals has four point guards out in their top eight for 2010 freshman class. Could all be one and done's.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...ings/rank-1909
          That sort of raises an interesting question...will the new cba and potential lockout impact next year's draft quality. Perhaps this should be a seperate forum topic, but...

a) Will kids stay in school because of a potential lock out, since they won't get to play or get paid?
          b) Will they come out in droves, because they might be worried about reductions to rookie scale contracts?
          c) No impact at all ... you don't know anything about basketball LOL

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post
            That sort of raises an interesting question...will the new cba and potential lockout impact next year's draft quality. Perhaps this should be a seperate forum topic, but...

a) Will kids stay in school because of a potential lock out, since they won't get to play or get paid?
            b) Will they come out in droves, because they might be worried about reductions to rookie scale contracts?
            Interesting topic. I think it will probably become a hotly debated item after the Final Four concludes next spring unless a new CBA is in place by then which I seriously doubt will be the case.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post

Would be a good new thread with a poll.

If i think about it I would guess you'll see players thinking about taking an extra year of school, maybe they can get drafted and not signed and play in europe??? anyway very interesting point that we should rap about more
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I am a big fan of Jack, since I would love for him to become to Toronto what Fisher is to LA. Calderon is a class athlete and teamate, but this team is trying to go in a different direction and to clear up some cap space for 2011, so he will be traded.

Calderon will stay with the team since, his value is low and I don't think Indiana is that desperate for a point guard. I'd rather have Banks who is playing for a new contract to get Calderon's minutes, but now that looks unlikely.
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                X