Demar Derozan - most disrespected player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar Derozan - most disrespected player

Also selected from the 2012 gold medallists were: Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Kevin Love, Deron Williams, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Anthony Davis, Tyson Chandler and Andre Iguodala.

Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski is back to lead the Americans, as he has done since 2005.

The other players picked were: Chicago's Derrick Rose, Houston's Dwight Howard, the Clippers' Blake Griffin, Indiana's Paul George; Stephen Curry, David Lee and Klay Thompson of Golden State; LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard of Portland; Sacramento's DeMarcus Cousins, Kyrie Irving of Cleveland; San Antonio's Kawhi Leonard; Washington's Bradley Beal; Atlanta's Kyle Korver; Detroit's Andre Drummond; Denver's Kenneth Faried; and Utah's Gordon Hayward.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/lebr...6385--nba.html
    Man, Demar just never gets any respect from the States. 2K rates him below 80, now Team USA snubs him over guys like Beal, Hayword, injured Derrick Rose!!! If he gets snubbed this All Star, I hope it motivates him even more to lead this team and put up great numbers. This guy just gets better every year, and he's still developing.

Maybe he could apply for Cdn citizenship and pull a Brett Hull? LOL.

2KJ wrote: View Post
    Man, Demar just never gets any respect from the States. 2K rates him below 80, now Team USA snubs him over guys like Beal, Hayword, injured Derrick Rose!!! If he gets snubbed this All Star, I hope it motivates him even more to lead this team and put up great numbers. This guy just gets better every year, and he's still developing.

None of those picks are that crazy though. It's not like he got snubbed for dion waiters or something.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post

I'm tough on DeRozan, but I'm quite surprised to see him left off the US camp invite.

If they are looking for specialization from their bench, it makes sense to see Leonard (defense) and Thompson/Beal/Korver (3pt shooting), but I don't get the love for Hayward.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I'm tough on DeRozan, but I'm quite surprised to see him left off the US camp invite.

If they are looking for specialization from their bench, it makes sense to see Leonard (defense) and Thompson/Beal/Korver (3pt shooting), but I don't get the love for Hayward.
        I get the love for Hayward. He is an awesome player when asked not to be the man. Defends, creates, rebounds, plays off ball - total glue guy - while being a capable scorer when not the focus.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I get the love for Hayward. He is an awesome player when asked not to be the man. Defends, creates, rebounds, plays off ball - total glue guy - while being a capable scorer when not the focus.
          and he's white.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
            and he's white.
            I don't get it.

Is that a dig at me?
            USA Basketball?
            Media?
            Fans?

I don't see the importance of his race. I'm looking at Hayward's skill set.

If it was a dig at me, my favourite players of all time are not white.

Comment

No, no shot at you. I actually think if Team USA is picking and there's 2 guys with equal skill they'll take the white guy. It's a national team so tie goes to the white guy, it's like reverse affirmative-action (or actual affirmative action if you think about it, it gives the minority a slight leg up)

Comment

NBA.com MVP Ladder: Lowry out, Derozan in at #9

http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post

WOW Over Harden ... That's sick. That IS respect if you ask me.
                  Last edited by Joey; Fri Jan 24, 2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Trade him now trade him now trade him now. This right here is the peak. His value will never be greater than right at this instant.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      WOW Over Harden ... That's sick. That IS respect if you ask me.
                      DanH wrote: View Post
                      Trade him now trade him now trade him now. This right here is the peak. His value will never be greater than right at this instant.
                      Let's trade him for Harden

Comment

Is this what a 40 pt night does for your stock? Sheesh, these guys are crazy, did they not see the previous games against CHA, LAL, and BOS? I like Derozan, and I would bet moreso than most, but Lowry is the MVP of the Raps!

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          Thing is though, people have been saying that for years about Derozan, and he continues to prove them wrong.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Thing is though, people have been saying that for years about Derozan, and he continues to prove them wrong.
                            If we're speaking in technicalities, then we'll truly never know when/if DeMar has reached his peak until he starts regressing. By then, the opportunity to get a big return would be less.

My point is that if Masai decides that he wants to trade DeRozan, waiting until he's got "maximal" trade value isn't smart. It's risky.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              If we're speaking in technicalities, then we'll truly never know when/if DeMar has reached his peak until he starts regressing. By then, the opportunity to get a big return would be less.
                              You ever watch Deal or No Deal? That show was awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X