Raptors MMA- Bargs is GSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors MMA- Bargs is GSP

MMA and hoops are very different, individual vs team sports, but both require grit, tenacity, and dedication, as well as the ability to overcome adversity and overwhelming odds.

The Raptors share alot of similarities with MMA fighters. Here is my take, what do you guys think:

Bargs- GSP: multi talented, diverse, born champion, fearless

Jose- Uriah Faber: short, getting old, still got skills, needs to switch weight classes (teams)

Derozan- Jon Bones Jones: young, infinitely talented, getting better with each match

J Johnson- J Johnson: the man is who he is , and he can throw down already.

A Johnson- Kimbo Slice: tough, sloppy, flashes of brilliance but can get shutdown easily

J Bayless- Gegard Mousasi: fast, talented, multi faceted, future big league champ

A Ajinca- Stefan Struve- tall, lanky, packs a 1-2 punch and is underrated

E Davis- Brock Lesnar- a beast, still new to the game, lots of potential, hard nosed

L Barbosa- Anderson Silva- phenom, explosive, equal parts exhilerating and agitating

S Weems- Nate Diaz- mildly entertaining, not a starter, talks trash

Solomon Alabi- Melvin Manhouf- had success in other leagues

Joey Dorsey- Matt Mittrione- sleeper hit, getting better, needs more burn

Linas Kleiza- Dennis Siver- European, bulky, hits hard, needs some more burn too

Julian Wright- Shinya Aoki- quick, crafty, can tap you out in different ways

Reggie: Alistair Overeem, the Demolition Man
    Last edited by Multipaul; Mon Mar 14, 2011, 12:56 PM.

Good to have you back, MultiPaul.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
      MMA and hoops are very different, individual vs team sports, but both require grit, tenacity, and dedication, as well as the ability to overcome adversity and overwhelming odds.

The Raptors share alot of similarities with MMA fighters. Here is my take, what do you guys think:

Jose- Uriah Faber: short, getting old, still got skills, needs to switch weight classes (teams)

Derozan- Jon Bones Jones: young, infinitely talented, getting better with each match

A Johnson- Kimbo Slice: tough, sloppy, flashes of brilliance but can get shutdown easily

J Bayless- Gegard Mousasi: fast, talented, multi faceted, future big league champ

E Davis- Brock Lesnar- a beast, still new to the game, lots of potential, hard nosed

L Barbosa- Anderson Silva- phenom, explosive, equal parts exhilerating and agitating

Linas Kleiza- Dennis Siver- European, bulky, hits hard, needs some more burn too

your Bargnani Delusions never cease to amaze me.... he is none of what u listed...

& u missed Reggie Aka Kimbo Slice LOL

Comment

OOPS:

Reggie: Alistair Overeem, the Demolition Man

Comment

Umm, not to steal your thunder but I was thinking of the Raps as WWE Characters, the starting five as the Village People or the Jacksons. I was also thinking of the Raps as Canadian Prime Ministers, Justice League Superheroes, "What-Occupation-Can-They-Do-If-They're-Not-Ballers", etc. The list goes on-and-on.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            Umm, not to steal your thunder but I was thinking of the Raps as WWE Characters, the starting five as the Village People or the Jacksons. I was also thinking of the Raps as Canadian Prime Ministers, Justice League Superheroes, "What-Occupation-Can-They-Do-If-They're-Not-Ballers", etc. The list goes on-and-on.
            Can you do all of those, please and thank you. hahah

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              King Sheamus!

Comment

I should have guessed it was your thread Multipaul. Whats up man? You've got some good ideas. Some are a little off like Bargnani being Fearless lol. But hey good effort man. Like the thread.

P.S. I used to like wresting as a kid but grew out of it. Now im starting to get back into it here and there cause they've brought back some big stars.
                We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                  I should have guessed it was your thread Multipaul. Whats up man? You've got some good ideas. Some are a little off like Bargnani being Fearless lol. But hey good effort man. Like the thread.

P.S. I used to like wresting as a kid but grew out of it. Now im starting to get back into it here and there cause they've brought back some big stars.
                  That be true, The Rock, aka Bargs, Austin, aka Reggie, and Triple H, aka...ummm...ok no one, are back!

Comment

Andrea Bargnani as GSP.

:blink:

“I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

This is awesome. The Bargs comparison just means ur looking for a fight!

And Silva as Barbosa...well they're both Brazilian.
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Bargs has the heart of a lion, he's not afraid to take the big shot in order to save the team. Just like GSP, he's only satisfied if he can truly finish the fight. He doesn't lose his cool or focus, and always has his eye on the prize, just like King Tupac Bargs.

Comment

Bargs has the heart of a lion, he's not afraid to take the big shot in order to save the team. Just like GSP, he's only satisfied if he can truly finish the fight. He doesn't lose his cool or focus, and always has his eye on the prize, just like King Tupac Bargs.
                          I honestly can't tell if ur joking. haha.
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                            I honestly can't tell if ur joking. haha.
                            People hate on bargs for missing his shots in the clutch sometimes. But the only way to win is to take the chance, believe in yourself, and go for it. Like GSP. Believe in yourself, don't listen to the haters, and focus on the prize. Make or miss, it takes a strong resolve and will to just take the shot, and put your team on your back.

Comment

People hate on bargs for missing his shots in the clutch sometimes. But the only way to win is to take the chance, believe in yourself, and go for it. Like GSP. Believe in yourself, don't listen to the haters, and focus on the prize. Make or miss, it takes a strong resolve and will to just take the shot, and put your team on your back.
                              Interesting analogies. As for Bargnani's, GSP is a champion and Bargnani is..... well, not.

Comment

Working...
                              X