No announcement yet.

The Official "Welcome to Toronto, Jonas Valanciunas!" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For anyone who's interested, Valanciunas plays his first post-draft game tomorrow, in the Global Games youth tournament - Lithuania U19 vs. USA U19. Apparently 12 noon EDT, and if it's like previous games in the tournament, there will be streaming options available. Don't know much about it but it sounds like sort of a warmup tournament for the U19 Championship that starts next week.

Matchup with USA center Patric Young will be interesting. Young is a Florida Gators player, a possible lottery player in 2012 draft, but actually older than Valanciunas, with a very strong body and good defensive presence. Great chance to see how Valanciunas matches up against an NCAA peer.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
      For anyone who's interested, Valanciunas plays his first post-draft game tomorrow, in the Global Games youth tournament - Lithuania U19 vs. USA U19. Apparently 12 noon EDT, and if it's like previous games in the tournament, there will be streaming options available. Don't know much about it but it sounds like sort of a warmup tournament for the U19 Championship that starts next week.

Matchup with USA center Patric Young will be interesting. Young is a Florida Gators player, a possible lottery player in 2012 draft, but actually older than Valanciunas, with a very strong body and good defensive presence. Great chance to see how Valanciunas matches up against an NCAA peer.
      Thank you for that.

Comment

• Yeah great tidbit. I hope one of our non mouth breathers watches it and can give us a breakdown on it.

I also hope tomorrow is slow and I can watch it myself.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• He denied Pape Sow! Not even Pape Sow can do that!
          "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
          -Newsradio

Comment

Working...
          X