Game #56: Orlando Magic 90 - Toronto Raptors 105

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salmon wrote: View Post
    Another pedestrian win. It's funny that when the Raps (aka bad team) would hang with teams for the first half, "good teams" would kick their ass in the 3rd qtr, then coast. Now the situation is reversed, and the Raps doing the 3rd qtr ass-kicking is "bad".

lol, yeah, I'd like to see a little more urgency in the 1st half too, but geeez, this young core is producing at a 25-13 clip. There's a ton more to like than not!
    This is true. I'll try to calm down with my worrying over their slow starts. I just don't want it to hurt them in the long run because it seems to be becoming a habit.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Its not the slow starts where they keep it close against bad teams that are worrying...it's the bad starts against good teams that end up with them stuck 15 after 1...

I was ok with their start today against the Magic. They never let the Magic turn it up on them even though they were struggling on offense themselves

Comment

• "Johnson left Sunday's game against the Magic after being kicked in the ankle and did not return. He is not expected to play in Tuesday's game against the Cavaliers. "

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          "Johnson left Sunday's game against the Magic after being kicked in the ankle and did not return. He is not expected to play in Tuesday's game against the Cavaliers. "
          Who said he isn't expected to play tomorrow night?

Comment

"Johnson left Sunday's game against the Magic after being kicked in the ankle and did not return. He is not expected to play in Tuesday's game against the Cavaliers. "
            Where is this a quote from?

EDIT: Whoops, Doc beat me.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Where is this a quote from?

EDIT: Whoops, Doc beat me.
              It's from covers site. They have many sport insiders... by insiders I mean mostly bookies not PR guys.

Injuries are changing everyday and you never know what's going to happen 45mins b4 the game, but I've been in "betting world" for the past 5 years and covers are the best in the business when it comes to early and correct information. I caught many lower spreads with great odds because of them.
              Last edited by rocwell; Mon Feb 24, 2014, 12:25 PM.

Comment

It's from covers site. They have many sport insiders... by insiders I mean mostly bookies not PR guys.

Injuries are changing everyday and you never know what's going to happen 45mins b4 the game, but I've been in "betting world" for the past 5 years and covers are the best in the business when it comes to early and correct information. I caught many lower spreads with great odds because of them.
                Cheers.

Rumour has it they won't know Amir's status for tomorrow night until this afternoon's practice.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                  Exactly. That's the problem. None of our perimeter players are good at running the pick and roll, especially Demar. Demar doesn't even look at the big man when they set a screen for him. This is where we really miss Jose man. Amir is one of the best in the league at finishing on the pick and roll and that was the one thing JV was good at and known for when he came into the league. The fact that we aren't able to run it because our guards aren't comfortable passing to the roller is really sad. JV would look sooo much better if he was consistently getting touches in the pick and roll.
                  Confirmation here. Also notice how much quicker he is. I know he must also develop a post game but...

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...r-the-raptors/

Comment

• An update on Amir folks:

Comment

• One thing I noticed when JV got the ball. Vucevic dropped back about 10 ft. JV could have taken a step and had an 8ft jumpshot. His number one task for the summer, develop that jumpshot. He shoots foul shots at over 75% as I recall. He should be able to nail those short jumpers no problem.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        One thing I noticed when JV got the ball. Vucevic dropped back about 10 ft. JV could have taken a step and had an 8ft jumpshot. His number one task for the summer, develop that jumpshot. He shoots foul shots at over 75% as I recall. He should be able to nail those short jumpers no problem.
                        I continue to believe that JV should (and has the potential to) develop a short/mid-range game similar to guys like Rasho and Luc Longley, who were reliable to knock down open looks from the foul line and base line. That type of game would pair so well with a more traditional low-post PF, which would do wonders for providing the guards/wings with more driving lanes and open 3pt looks.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          I continue to believe that JV should (and has the potential to) develop a short/mid-range game similar to guys like Rasho and Luc Longley, who were reliable to knock down open looks from the foul line and base line. That type of game would pair so well with a more traditional low-post PF, which would do wonders for providing the guards/wings with more driving lanes and open 3pt looks.
                          I agree fully. I'd love to see him work on his post-up game as well. That double pump fake has become predictable, and I don't think he has the strength(yet) to finish strong under immense contact. Thats definitely going to develop with time though.
                          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                            I agree fully. I'd love to see him work on his post-up game as well. That double pump fake has become predictable, and I don't think he has the strength(yet) to finish strong under immense contact. Thats definitely going to develop with time though.
                            I'd love to see him and DD doing a LJ/KD style joint workout during the summer. DD is great at targeting a flaw, working at it tirelessly to improve it, and then focusing on another. JV could use that.
                            @Boymusic66

Comment

• Amir is playing tonight via Eric Smith

Comment

Amir is playing tonight via Eric Smith
                                Poor life choice. Get healthy first Amir!

Comment

Working...
                                X