ESPN Hollinger's Prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Hollinger's Prediction

So I don't read enough on ESPN to pay for insider. Anyone want to sum up what he said about the raptors? Tim chrisholm said he liked most of it on twitter but didn't really talk about it

Don't you mean "Hollinger"?
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

I'm pretty sure I saw he said we'd go 33-49, finish 12th in the East.

Can't tell you anything more than that.
      Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

@alexhaggispinch

Toronto Raptors
      Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
      Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

Comment

I read it, his reasoning is sound. Fans of a team tend to base their predictions on everything breaking right and the assumed internal development of players. Reality tends to be less cooperative.

edit: To actually answer your question, the main argument he makes is that the Raps have talent, they simply need to let some of it develop and hope that BC overcomes the urge to package some of it for a player that helps more in the short-term than long-term. A lot of the players they'll be handing out big minutes to have big question marks: can Bargs, Ed Davis and DeRozan show growth, can Val and Ross contribute as rookies, what is Fields going to give you, etc etc. If everything breaks right they could sneak into th 8th seed, but everything rarely breaks right.
        Last edited by Lark Benson; Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
          I read it, his reasoning is sound. Fans of a team tend to base their predictions on everything breaking right and the assumed internal development of players. Reality tends to be less cooperative.

edit: To actually answer your question, the main argument he makes is that the Raps have talent, they simply need to let some of it develop and hope that BC overcomes the urge to package some of it for a player that helps more in the short-term than long-term. A lot of the players they'll be handing out big minutes to have big question marks: can Bargs, Ed Davis and DeRozan show growth, can Val and Ross contribute as rookies, what is Fields going to give you, etc etc. If everything breaks right they could sneak into th 8th seed, but everything rarely breaks right.
          +1

If everything goes right for every team, there would be 30 teams in playoff contention.

Comment

33 wins is exactly what I predicted back in August.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
              33 wins is exactly what I predicted back in August.

good for you. Let's wait and see in April.
              Welp, that sucked.

Comment

That's the idea.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

OH SNAP

Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Wed Oct 24, 2012, 05:26 PM.
                  TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Shit just got real. The raps will have something to prove after this, something tells me Casey has them fired up

Comment

we win 50 games and derozan becomes a superstar player

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
                        Shit just got real. The raps will have something to prove after this, something tells me Casey has them fired up

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        we win 50 games and derozan becomes a superstar player
                        Shit just got unreal again.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Kleiza assassinates Hollinger.. shits back to real again

Comment

I watched Casey addressing the media about Hollinger's analysis, and he looked like he had a chip on his shoulder. He consistently talked about the lack of respect Toronto continues to receive.

He also addressed that this team comes into the gym to prove everybody wrong.

Playoffs is not the only goal for this team, it's also their sense of pride and earning respect.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                              My wife just asked, "What is so funny?"

Comment

Working...
                              X