LeBron Takes a Jab at the Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeBron Takes a Jab at the Raptors

This stings a bit, but in all fairness he's probably right.

Courtesy of the Score:

Source - Click here

Well, you have to agree a bit, but I think a healthy Raptors could have taken it to game 6 if not game 7. We beat them in the season opener, lost in Cleveland by a couple points, they barely beat us in Toronto without Bosh, and then we lost without Bosh in Cleveland.

I hate LeBron, but he is right. The state the Raps were in, it was good that we didn't make the playoffs.

Comment

Why is this even newsworthy? He's right. He's not even trying to be controversial.

Adrian,

If you think a healthy Raptors team would have pushed the Cavs to 7 games, I have friend who works for a bank in Nigeria who says you are the sole heir to a rich African recently killed in a plane crash. You just need to send him your banking details.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

He's prolly right, but he's still becoming a bigger douche with each passing day. I'm getting tired of his little dances and gimmicks.

And for the Lebron fans, I'm not hating-he's easily the best player in the league right now-I could just do without his antics. A little humble pie goes a long way.

Comment

Why be humble? There's a time and a place to rein in one's ego, but people are so used to being politically correct that it seems so shocking when people give an honest answer to an honest question.

He's the best player playing on the best team in the league, and he seems to genuinely enjoy being around his teammates, and they genuinely enjoy being around him. If he wants to say stuff like that, it's his right.

It ain't cocky if you can back it up.

That, and people always harp on athletes when they give run-of-the-mill cliche answers to questions. If you want the truth, make sure you can handle the truth.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
            Why is this even newsworthy? He's right. He's not even trying to be controversial.

Adrian,

If you think a healthy Raptors team would have pushed the Cavs to 7 games, I have friend who works for a bank in Nigeria who says you are the sole heir to a rich African recently killed in a plane crash. You just need to send him your banking details.
            oh, please i meet about 5 of them every day through my e-mai. although, they seemed to be filed under "junk" for some reason. really good people.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LeBron called it like it was. It wasn't just the Chicago game either. I don't take offense to his comments at all as a Raptors fan.

Comment

It only stings because he's right. After watching playoff basketball for the past couple weeks I had forgotten about the play of the Raptors down the stretch - thankfully. They're not fond memories.
                Last edited by Mess; Wed Apr 28, 2010, 07:44 PM.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  LeBron called it like it was. It wasn't just the Chicago game either. I don't take offense to his comments at all as a Raptors fan.
                  Totally agree.

Even though there's not much there to pick at, if I'm a Raptor who's not Chris Bosh, I'm using that as off-season motivation. The best players seem to have a way to take all kinds of perceived slights against them as extra fuel for their motors. Kobe can't win without Shaq, Dwyane Wade isn't good enough to carry a team, Deron Williams isn't as good as Chris Paul, etc. Look at those guys now.

Comment

Jay should play this clip before a single shot goes up in training camp.

One more thing too. I don't think we should call this a jab. The guy was just being genuine and sometimes the truth hurts.
                    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Apr 28, 2010, 07:50 PM.

Comment

I don't know why raptor fans are taking this so personally. He didn't mean it as a slight, he see's the raptors as a second tier team and didn't want to waste the effort when he should be tuning up for the 2nd and 3rd round. It will be karma if he ended up getting hurt against the bulls and it costs him later in the play offs.

Comment

As I watch the playoffs I am reminded of how depressingly inept the Raptors were as a team the last month of the season. I remember (I may have as well started a thread) where on TNT around the allstar game if not on it, Kenny S. made the comment that he felt the Bucks were a much better team than the Raptors...the Raps were in 5th place and the Bucks barely in 8th or even 9th at the time. And chubby Charles took issue with that assessment and so did I. Well I now have a healthier respect for KS. THe Bucks will be playing the 5th game (tied up) against Atlanta WITHOUT their starting centre.

LBJ is right ....if not entirely diplomatic. Chicago came close in a couple of games but of course da man took over and the Cavs won. TO would have been road kill for the Cavs...I am sorry to say...with or without CB. Watching all the other teams (other than the Bobcats) play the way they do is pretty depressing. I am glad we at least have a pick that might turn out to be very good...but even as far as drafting goes BC hasnt done much so far to be excited about our chances...crap shoot as that position is to begin with.

Where's my Ritalin!!

Comment

He's speaking the truth. we would of got swept

Comment

LeBron was 100% right - Chicago played much harder down the stretch.

What would concern me is if the Cavs preferred to play the Bulls from before the end of the season. LeBron did play against Toronto, and sat out against the Bulls.

I don't think he is suggesting that he sat out in order to influence outcomes, though. This is especially the case considering that he acted purely as a facilitator in the last game against the Raps - I don't think he drove the ball once, not that he needed given that the Raps were allowing cuts to the net on every other play.
                            Last edited by verbatim; Wed Apr 28, 2010, 10:05 PM.

Comment

He drove a bunch of times and practiced his triple fake 360 reverse lay up....he didn't hit one.

Comment

Working...
                              X