X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of DeMar at the Drew League

I'm a little excited.

http://www.ballislife.com/video/dema...killing-a-drew

Wow, siiiiick hops. If demar comes out with that confidence next season and the teams puts him into the offense a little more, he is gonna do great things.

Comment

That baseline turnaround J had a bit of Kobe to it I can only dream.

Comment

Nice to see his 3 point shot is improving, no we just need to see a better handle. I'm not too impressed by his turn around J 'cause it doesn't look like he gets enough elevation to it - might be easily blocked in the NBA.

Comment

I think maybe the Raptors should trade him, after all we don't want anyone on the team whose turnaround jumper may easily get blocked

R U F**king kidding me.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I bet this will easily get blocked too when he hits his head against the rim

http://twitpic.com/1uy0tc

In fact he could get a concussion from this. Maybe the NBA needs to set up a "No Fly" zone for players like DeRozan lest he hit his head on the rim and his shot get easily blocked.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I thought the elevation on his jumper wasn't bad. He faded a we bit on it too, which will really help him prevent blocks. I'm just happy that his shot is falling like that and I am getting excited for next year. Not to put too much pressure on him, but could this be the next raptors franchise player? BC did send him to represent us at the draft and with Bosh on the way out, it could be DeRozen time. Anyone know how he's been playing defensively?
              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                I thought the elevation on his jumper wasn't bad. He faded a we bit on it too, which will really help him prevent blocks. I'm just happy that his shot is falling like that and I am getting excited for next year. Not to put too much pressure on him, but could this be the next raptors franchise player? BC did send him to represent us at the draft and with Bosh on the way out, it could be DeRozen time. Anyone know how he's been playing defensively?
                Colangelo seemed to be very high on DeRozan in his exit interview.

You know what's funny though? Vince Carter wanted to be traded and didn't want to wait for Bosh to develop (recall he wanted the #4 pick traded away to begin with). Now Bosh wants to leave and doesn't want to wait for DeRozan to develop. Assuming DeRozan turns into the star shooting guard that Bosh thinks a teams needs to win, I find this very ironic.

Comment

It looks oh so easy when you are killing dudes that don't play in the NBA.

Comment

Here are some blocked shot percentages on jump shots last season

Bosh 4%
                    DeRozan 3%
                    Weems 3%
                    Bargnani 2%
                    Calderon 2%
                    Jack 2%
                    Turk 1%

Johnson 10% - LOL I think he needs a lot of work here. That is an understatement

http://www.82games.com/0910/0910TOR.HTM

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post

Johnson 10% - LOL I think he needs a lot of work here. That is an understatement
                      Could be worse, it could be 65%, like Jermaine O'neal

Comment

cornbreadd wrote: View Post
                        Could be worse, it could be 65%, like Jermaine O'neal
                        Some actually numbers on percentage of jump shots blocked this season

D. Howard 13%
                        Johnson 10%
                        Stoudemire 7%
                        P. Gasol 6%
                        O'Neal 6%
                        Boozer 4%
                        Bosh 4%
                        KG 2%

Percentage of Inside Shots blocked

O'Neal 13%
                        Boozer 13%
                        Stoudemire 9%
                        Bosh 9%
                        P. Gasol 8%
                        D. Howard 7%
                        Johnson 6%
                        KG 5%

Percentage of Total Shots blocked

Boozer 8.59%
                        O'Neal 8.31%
                        Stoudemire 7.98%
                        D. Howard 7.78%
                        P. Gasol 7.22%
                        Johnson 6.84
                        Bosh 6.30%
                        KG 2.90%

So overall KG is by far and a way the one who gets the least amount of his shots blocked among these big men.

Johnson rated 3rd which isn't too bad, right behind Bosh who was 2nd

http://www.82games.com/
                        Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Jun 8, 2010, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Impressive highlights, jumper looked pretty smooth even if it was against "token" defense.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

DeRozan will continue to get better.

I think his problem is that long time Raptors fans are expecting him to be a scorer like T. Mac or VC. That is tall order to fill. However, if Bosh leaves DeRozan scoring should benefit from that.

So if Bosh leaves and add that this would be DeRozan's second season under those circumstances I could seeing DeRozan averaging 15+ in 2010-11.

Of course his defense is his real weak spot and I doubt that he is working on that in the Drew League. I also don't think that he will get to work on it too much in Las Vegas next month, unless Carlesimo is there to work with DeRozan, Weems? and whoever the Raptors draft on their defense.

Comment

WOW dude's head was at the rim on that block. If he can bring that type of defence next year ill be very happy. It would be nice to see DD work on chasing down defenders and erasing shots.
                              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Working...
                              X