No announcement yet.

How long have you been a Raptors fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many ups and downs, I gave up hope after Bosh left. It wasn't until they drafted Jonas that I said I would be interested once again, whenever he would join the team. Started watching again this past season because of him and haven't looked back. Now with Bargnani gone its a whole new vibe. Heres to the best of moments being ahead of us. Cheers

Comment

Ive been a fan of the Raptors since 2005, I used to be a Warrior fan but though I should follow a Canadian team due to the whole Commonwealth thingo.
      During the early days I was a NBA.com box score fan as streaming over the internet was all but impossible on dialup.
      These days due to the time difference i'm usually at work when a game is on but try to catch any games that fall on my weekend via first row.
      My favorite memories were getting the number one pick in the 2006 NBA draft and again when said pick was cut loose.

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
        Ive been a fan of the Raptors since 2005, I used to be a Warrior fan but though I should follow a Canadian team due to the whole Commonwealth thingo.
        During the early days I was a NBA.com box score fan as streaming over the internet was all but impossible on dialup.
        These days due to the time difference i'm usually at work when a game is on but try to catch any games that fall on my weekend via first row.
        My favorite memories were getting the number one pick in the 2006 NBA draft and again when said pick was cut loose.
        Man, too bad it was a shit draft..
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Liberal wrote: View Post
          Started following the Raptors at some point in their 1st season. I didn't follow the NBA, I just watched Raptor games cause they were on TV and I loved basketball. I was only about 9yrs old then so my memories of watching the Raps then are spotty at best.

I was always one of the short guys in school so Mighty Mouse caught my attention. I couldn't believe that a guy his size was playing with the big boys, and doing what he was doing. What I remember from the first couple seasons was watching Stoudamire just break guys down with the dribble either blowing by them or performing his classic between the leg dribble to stepback 3. Walt "The Wizard" Williams was also a personal fav with his elbow 3s and high socks. To show you how spotty my memory is, I don't remember watching Camby in Raptors uniform but I remember them getting Charles Oakley lol.

The year Vince got drafted is my favorite memory lol almost every fastbreak was on the highlight reel, the guy was just a dunking machine. But as for favorite single memory, it would have to be VC in the dunk contest. All Star Weekends were everything as a kid, so to have your fav player win the dunkoff, and in the fashion he did was just bananas. In game moment would have to be the dunk on Dikembe. Man the VC times... those were the days.

As for the live experience, I only went to 2 games (vs Mavs some years back, they still had Finley & Howard n vs Lakers in 2009) prior to this past season, where I went to 17. Rudy's first game was by far the best experience, as like someone mentioned nobody expected him to play so everyone was tripping over themselves in joy that we were gonna witness his 1st game live. He definitely didn't disappoint. Unfortunately Kyrie Irvings 3PT to win the game is also up there lol. I was at the Nuggets game too where Mozgov got Mozgoved, but my dumbass had my head buried in my camera deleting pics when I missed the best one of the night. what a dumbass

All in all, lots of ups and downs but hopefully this season will start the upswing we need. Ive learned a lot through the years, and have never been more sure of a GM than Masai, but at the same time ive never been more sceptical either
          I was at that game too man, I bought my ticket a few weeks before Rudy trade.When I hear about the trade I didn't think he was going to play. I live in Montreal so I had to drive five hours to make it to the game, so I was so fucking happy when I checked twitter and read that he was going to play!

And then on top of that it was the same night Valanciunas returned from his injury. What a fun game to be at, even thought the Clips were without Chris Paul I didn't think it would be a blowout the way it was lol I was a happy camper that night in Toronto
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Got soooo excited when the wrangling about who would win the battle to get the expansion bid was going on. Lot's of great moments the first year. Alvin Robertson's opening game basket. Beating the Bulls. Jordan's quote about Zan Tabak (paraphrasing) "I never heard of this guy and now we're double teaming him?"

Suffered through with them pretty much all the way. Listened to games on the radio when they weren't being broadcast, or I was on the road. One season (four years ago?) only watched about 40 games, out of disgust, but pretty much watch every one, each season.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
              I was at that game too man, I bought my ticket a few weeks before Rudy trade.When I hear about the trade I didn't think he was going to play. I live in Montreal so I had to drive five hours to make it to the game, so I was so fucking happy when I checked twitter and read that he was going to play!

And then on top of that it was the same night Valanciunas returned from his injury. What a fun game to be at, even thought the Clips were without Chris Paul I didn't think it would be a blowout the way it was lol I was a happy camper that night in Toronto
              Same as you I had bought my tickets a couple weeks prior, I made the decision to see the Clippers instead of the Lakers cause of price, worked out cause it allowed me to see the Heat on Superbowl Sunday. My buddy n I found out Rudy was playing the sameways as well, sifting through our twitter news feed. We all went home happy that night :-)

Comment

I became Raptors fan during the "Mike James era" . I just liked the team we had back then. In spite how atrocious it was - I just liked it. Been a fan ever since. And years ago it wasn't very easy to be informed about Raptors and especially to watch games since I live in Bulgaria. It is easier now.

Comment

I became a fan during the "Fred Jones" era
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post

I was at that game too and got sooo cheesed at Caron Butler for taking the ball from jv me and my cousins chanting Snake! Snake! Snake! lol it was probably one of the best games of the season
                    #BringBackUzoh

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      RAPS BEFORE LIFE BITCH!
                      This made me laugh. Well played.

Great thread idea, by the way.
                      Has been fun to read through some of these.

I'd say one of the Greatest moments for me as a Raps fan was when Vince dropped 50+ on Phoenix in one of the Raptors first Nationally Televised games in the States. Was sort of his welcome party to BIG time.

And then the series against the Sixers. Vince and AI were my two favourite players, and I got to attend TWO games in that series with a buddy and his dad. Changed my life.

I watch this video every once in a while.. makes me feel good inside.. He couldn't miss! Vince was like a Super Hero in my eyes growing up.

If Vince had hit that last second shot to win the series, we would have gone to the Finals that year.
                      Last edited by Joey; Fri Jul 5, 2013, 12:40 PM.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                        I became a fan during the "Fred Jones" era
                        strangely, the "fred jones era" is a term that comes up in real life conversations for me a lot... my friend's dad swore to me the day he came to Toronto, that he was going to change basketball in Toronto... that Toronto was the right environment for him to flourish into a superstar...

and i don't let him forget it... ever

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                          strangely, the "fred jones era" is a term that comes up in real life conversations for me a lot... my friend's dad swore to me the day he came to Toronto, that he was going to change basketball in Toronto... that Toronto was the right environment for him to flourish into a superstar...

and i don't let him forget it... ever
                          Haha. Then he got flipped for Mike James...

Comment

They flipped him for Juan Dixon... an extremely undersized SG who was a streaky-good 3pt shooter, who I had thought of as a comparison for Seth Curry.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              They flipped him for Juan Dixon... an extremely undersized SG who was a streaky-good 3pt shooter, who I had thought of as a comparison for Seth Curry.
                              Oh shit, I forgot about that guy...oh well, all three of them combined have about as much relevance as desagana diop.

Comment

Mike James' career season lol how the fuck did he average 20ppg? I was at the game he dropped a career high 39... same game Rasheed Wallace got in shit for shooting a left handed 3-pointer.
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X