Jeremy Lin: evidence that Raps will never win anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macc wrote: View Post
    NBA needs to promote a new Chinese player now that Yao Ming has retired. I'm just going to laugh when Lin goes back to playing like a scrub and everyone feels stupid.
    you do know he's taiwanese, right? they (taiwan & china) aren't exactly the best of buds. i'm sure that's largely irrelevant to the point you're grasping for, he's obviously going to have a strong fan base of asians...but to intimate that it will be anything close to yao's seems a bit much.

it's pretty hard to gauge anyone's impact or ability when they're only on the floor for a few minutes every 3rd or 4th game...but the first game this year in which he got any decent burn, he put up 9/6/3 in 20 minutes in a (close) loss to hou.

look, there's really no way to determine how this is going to play out, but at the very least, he seems to have enough NBA-quality skill to at worst be a contributor. the likelihood that he goes back to 'playing like a scrub' - or to getting scrub minutes - seems fairly remote. but hey, anything's possible.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

I'm not saying that there is, or is not a conspiracy. But as charlz says, its in the NBA's best interest to have the biggest television markets, having teams in the playoffs. And to have the games, biggest stars to get favouritism, since they are what draws eyeballs.

Toronto doesn't have a super-star and not single one of their games are on ESPN or TNT this year. The stars will continue to get the calls and until the NBA enacts a performance review of the officiating after every game, like in the NHL the biased officiating will continue.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post

Toronto never gets stars and when it does they go for a nothing in return
        Vince Carter for Alonzo Mourning Eric Williams and Joey Graham...?
        Tracey McGrady for???
        Damon Stoudamire for??
        Roy Hibbert for???
        Not wanting to interrupt a good rant but -

Damon Stoudamire for ... Alvin Williams - you might remember him, one of the most popular Raptors ever?

Roy Hibbert for .... part of the Jermaine O'Neal trade - a gamble that didn't pay off but looked good at the time.

Let's keep the "we are getting stiffed" rants to the facts.
        The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
          I'm not saying that there is, or is not a conspiracy. But as charlz says, its in the NBA's best interest to have the biggest television markets, having teams in the playoffs. And to have the games, biggest stars to get favouritism, since they are what draws eyeballs.

Toronto doesn't have a super-star and not single one of their games are on ESPN or TNT this year. The stars will continue to get the calls and until the NBA enacts a performance review of the officiating after every game, like in the NHL the biased officiating will continue.
          ok Raptorsss gets it thanks - that is all I was really trying to say.
          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
            ok Raptorsss gets it thanks - that is all I was really trying to say.
            Sometimes it is not what you say (or type) but how you say it (or type it).

*EDIT* Actually that comes off as preach-y which was not the intent. I originally read it and thought it was a conspiracy theory post. I do agree with what you meant and Raptorsss post.

Comment

The Raptors have had some of the worst ownership in the NBA since they came into being. It continues. Bad owners tend to lose consistently. Good owners tend to win. Not every year, but more often than not. Look what happened to the Lakers after Buss took over, or the Mavs after Cuban.
              It's just incompetence, not a league-wide conspiracy.

Comment

Working...
              X