Raptor PG Controversy: Part 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i agree it has a chance to be, but i will wait and see before saying they are better than ford/jose. i thought ford/jose was a fantastic duo. lowry/jose has the chance to be even better with a little less offense and a lot more defensive potential. poor tj ford
    TJ Ford tried to go outside of his game too often, but he was a good player none the less.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Last I heard of Ford, he's becoming a D-League coach.
      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Through out Jose's tenure with the Raptors it has seemed to me that while he has always been an ultimate selfless team player, there's a limit to his tolerance. It happened when Ford was here, not so much with Jack and now with Lowry. One thing that Jose has always shown is that no matter how he feels about something inside, he never lets it affect his performance and therefore the teams performance on the Court. In other words "a true professional". Is Jose unhappy about Lowrys acquisition? Maybe not as much as the Media paints the picture but the answer clearly is 'Yes'. Does this mean that it will affect our on Court showing? Going by his past we can conclude that the answer is 'No'.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
          Last I heard of Ford, he's becoming a D-League coach.
          He was actually a solid rotational point guard for San An during the season, but retired because of his nagging injuries..

Comment

Nagging - possibly severely debilitating - injuries

or did the ".." indicate that was sarcasm?
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Atlanta: Teague/Harris
              Boston: Rondo
              Brooklyn: Williams
              Charlotte: Walker/Sessions
              Cleveland: Irving
              Chicago: Rose (injured to start year)
              Detroit: Knight
              Indiana: Hill/Augustin
              Miami: could definitely start but CBA factors in
              Milwaukee: Jennings
              New York: Felton/Kidd
              Orlando: Nelson
              Philadelphia: Holiday
              Washington: Wall
              Dallas: Collison
              Denver: Lawson/Miller
              Golden State: Curry
              Houston: Lin
              Clippers: Paul
              Lakers: Nash
              Memphis: Conley
              Minnesota: Rubio/Ridnour
              New Orleans: could definitely start
              OKC: Westbrook
              Phoenix: Dragic
              Portland: Lillard
              Sacramento: Brooks/Thomas
              San Antonio: Parker
              Utah: Williams

Once CBA rules and team assets are factored in, it seems pretty clear Jose's best option is to stick it out in Toronto and work his tail off to secure his next NBA contract using the MLE.
              The teams I feel would be interested in Jose's services (as in he'd be an upgrade over the current PG) are:

-Chicago
              -Detroit
              -Indiana
              -Miami
              -Milwaukee
              -New York
              -Philadelphia
              -Orlando
              -Memphis
              -New Orleans
              -Phoenix
              -Sacramento
              -Utah

I think there should be a lot of suitors for Calderon especially since when he signs next summer it should be for less than his current 10mil contract
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

In my view Jose's dna will not permit him to be an asshole about his role once the season starts. His demeanor after the Bobcats debacle last year convinced me of that. His big regret is probably that he did not get amnestied. He would have been snapped up by any number of teams (incl those with championship possibilities) or if he was inclined to definitely be a starter go to the Euro league. But that ship has sailed. The Raps are in good position to get something back for Jose as well as the cap space by trade deadline while having a great backup to Lowry to help with the rooks start of the year. As far as "promising" a competition for the starting pg spot...hooey...what do we expect the Raps to say publically? They want to maintain Jose's value by not immediately annointing him as a backup as well as avoid offending Jose. Lowry will be gone in f/a if he sits on the bench. There is no way BC loses his investment in him.

Comment

People are forgetting that Kyle Lowry is an obvious upgrade compared to Jack and Ford with the constant question of 'who should start this game?'

Comment

I think everyone has forgotten the most important fact when considering trading him. Who will be willing to pay him $10,000,000 this year??
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      The teams I feel would be interested in Jose's services (as in he'd be an upgrade over the current PG) are:

-Chicago
                      -Detroit
                      -Indiana
                      -Miami
                      -Milwaukee
                      -New York
                      -Philadelphia
                      -Orlando
                      -Memphis
                      -New Orleans
                      -Phoenix
                      -Sacramento
                      -Utah

I think there should be a lot of suitors for Calderon especially since when he signs next summer it should be for less than his current 10mil contract
                      Totally disagree with all of those teams but that aside the main thing is at this point in time I am not sure if any of those teams would have means to acquire him now. Next summer in free agency would be a different story but he'd be a backup on majority of teams as well.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                        People are forgetting that Kyle Lowry is an obvious upgrade compared to Jack and Ford with the constant question of 'who should start this game?'
                        Ford pre injury/horford is debatable IMO.

Comment

agreed with this. ford was a very good pg.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            agreed with this. ford was a very good pg.
                            I wouldn't argue that Ford WAS a very good PG, but than again Calderon is also a very good point guard.

If I were to choose from Lowry, Jack and Ford, it would by far be Lowry. Even though, I'm not gonna lie, I was a big fan of Jarrett Jack when he was here, loved his leadership, his chemistry, and the intensity, but he was turnover prone. Ford was a true scoring guard, his penetration always got guys like Parker, Delfino and co. great open shots, but he tried to go outside of the box too often.

I will say that I should speak for myself in terms of the original post, but in my opinion, I just feel he is a better point guard/player than Ford and Jack.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                              I think everyone has forgotten the most important fact when considering trading him. Who will be willing to pay him $10,000,000 this year??
                              It's an expiring contract. Any team who accepts Calderon isn't thinking about his financial worth, but instead thinking about the $10 million in space they just acquired.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                I wouldn't argue that Ford WAS a very good PG, but than again Calderon is also a very good point guard.

If I were to choose from Lowry, Jack and Ford, it would by far be Lowry. Even though, I'm not gonna lie, I was a big fan of Jarrett Jack when he was here, loved his leadership, his chemistry, and the intensity, but he was turnover prone. Ford was a true scoring guard, his penetration always got guys like Parker, Delfino and co. great open shots, but he tried to go outside of the box too often.

I will say that I should speak for myself in terms of the original post, but in my opinion, I just feel he is a better point guard/player than Ford and Jack.
                                Ford was a pretty good player before the 2nd stinger received from Horford. I'm not sure you are giving him proper credit but that is your prerogative.

I'm basing my opinion on pre-Horford.... not after.

Also, Lowry has never played a game for the Raptors. The only PG I feel no doubt about it, 100% confident he is better than in the group of Ford, Jack, and Calderon is Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X