2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shantz wrote: View Post
    Jonathan Givony (President of DraftExpress.com did a chat on HoopsWorld today. There was one particular question that caught my attention the most:

Q:

A:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/chat.asp?chat_topics_id=1651

If that holds true, it would look like Kanter would drop to 5 (Irving, Williams, Knight, Valanciunas, Kanter). So for those advocating for him, would be great news. I personally would enjoy seeing Kanter at 5, so I love reading pieces like this.

Givony also says that he sees Biyomba as a solid option at 5 for the Raptors and believes that he is both more NBA ready then Kanter, as well as having better long term possibilities in the NBA.

All-in-all, a pretty entertaining chat to read.
    You beat me. I just posted this on the Kanter thread.

If the Raptors are able to trade for Gay AND draft Kanter, I would be a very happy camper.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
      You beat me. I just posted this on the Kanter thread.

If the Raptors are able to trade for Gay AND draft Kanter, I would be a very happy camper.
      Haha, You beat me on the Kanter board, so I guess we are even! I would be much happier with the addition of Gay if we are able to get Kanter in the draft. Otherwise our Frontcourt is looking fairly limited. Gay's defense would not look as good with Bargnani behind me compared to having Gasol standing back there. So a couple big and smart players (Kanter, Ed, and Amir) would be fantastic. Kanter may not be known for his defense (some say he is not known at all) but his size, strength, and basketball IQ would already be an improvement.
      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
        Haha, You beat me on the Kanter board, so I guess we are even! I would be much happier with the addition of Gay if we are able to get Kanter in the draft. Otherwise our Frontcourt is looking fairly limited. Gay's defense would not look as good with Bargnani behind me compared to having Gasol standing back there. So a couple big and smart players (Kanter, Ed, and Amir) would be fantastic. Kanter may not be known for his defense (some say he is not known at all) but his size, strength, and basketball IQ would already be an improvement.
        Kanter's not a defensive stopper, but from what I've seen and read, he's more than adequate. He understands team defense and plays smart man to man defense. As you said, that's already an improvement.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• he's got the basketball IQ and body to play great D. i have no doubt in my mind he'll be more than adequate.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• List of players Colangelo likes

• One of Irving, Walker and Knight will certainly be there at #5. Irving might be the 1st overall selection.
            • In terms of bigs, Kanter, Val and Biyombo all look like options.
            • At the forward spots Vesely and Derrick Williams are options.
            • Leonard and Bioyombo are their sleepers.
            • Leonard is a Ron Artest intensity type player. He addresses a lot of what they need.
            • He's really impressed with Tristan Thompson. Great interview. Did well in workouts. Probably a little of a duplication to Ed but they will take the best guy available.
            • He's impressed with Kemba Walker. It's a guard driven league right now. He's not a big strong guard who can defend with strength but he can defend with quickness; sort of like how Brooks did Houston when he was playing well. He can score at will, scores when he needs to. A little streaky but can will his team to win. Time will tell if he's a PG or a combo but he will be a good NBA player. Kemba is a winner, they've seen a lot of him and he will be a high pick.
            • The guys they get the best read on are guys who they can watch at an early age on. The McDonald's game is huge for them when initially targeting guys and watching them grow. It's where he first saw Amare Stoudemire(drafted by B.C.).
            Source: "Colangelo On Tim & Sid"

Comment

• I dont know if anyone has considered, but what about jeremy tyler....if not kanter we could pick knight/kemba and tyler, who was ranked over all the freshman in the draft this year, it would be a great chance for him to start if we were to trade Bargs for a couple of 2012 and 2013 picks, and i can see him as a uber athletic, tall carlos boozer with a midrange J and plays much better D

Comment

• er1csh3n wrote: View Post
                I dont know if anyone has considered, but what about jeremy tyler....if not kanter we could pick knight/kemba and tyler, who was ranked over all the freshman in the draft this year, it would be a great chance for him to start if we were to trade Bargs for a couple of 2012 and 2013 picks, and i can see him as a uber athletic, tall carlos boozer with a midrange J and plays much better D
                You mean the guy who failed miserably on the Israeli team and did okay in Japan? And the guy who has a lot of questions about his maturity? Are you kidding? You think he has a chance to START? If he has a better career than Patrick O'Bryant, I'll be surprised.
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• tyler is definitely boom or bust material
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

You mean the guy who failed miserably on the Israeli team and did okay in Japan? And the guy who has a lot of questions about his maturity? Are you kidding? You think he has a chance to START? If he has a better career than Patrick O'Bryant, I'll be surprised.
                    Ouch. I think he has already had a better career than POB. At least Tyler never got kicked off his international basketball team for lack of effort. Edit: I just read up on him and he pretty much did get kicked off the team in Israel for lack of effort.

I wish him luck though. He has a pretty interesting story.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...a_draft_051811
                    Last edited by RaptorDan; Thu May 26, 2011, 02:43 AM.
                    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Maturity is something that is acquired....being spoiled as he was..he is used to bein a starter n star but only got like 10 min a game, and y shouldn't he start....he's big strong, athletic, talented and can shoot...watt else can u expect from a prospect

Comment

• er1csh3n wrote: View Post
                        Maturity is something that is acquired....being spoiled as he was..he is used to bein a starter n star but only got like 10 min a game, and y shouldn't he start....he's big strong, athletic, talented and can shoot...watt else can u expect from a prospect
                        In the NBA, you want some maturity. The NBA scrapheap is littered with ultra talented players who simply didn't possess the maturity to do anything. Partick O'Bryant is the perfect example. He had more talent than the majority of big men in the league. He had all the things that Tyler possesses and more. He was more skilled.

Physical skills is just one part of what a player needs to be able to play in the NBA. Tyler has the physical skills, but it's doubtful he possesses more than that.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Enes Kanter draft workout video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNK8s...layer_embedded

Comment

• Have you guys seen the Combine Athletic test results?

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...-Results-3725/

Really surprised how badly Irving did. Think he's still hurt? Not trying? Will he slip because of these results?

Also, why were there so many kids who didn't get one bench press in? Seriously? The kids invited to the combine are the ones who are prepping at major facilities in Chicago, Vegas, LA, etc... you're telling me they can't learn how to do a bench press. I'm not looking for miracles in a few months but they had to now what was coming.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              tyler is definitely boom or bust material
                              Yeah and when you have the #5 pick in this kind of draft you don't need to be taking that kind of gamble. There are players out there who are a lot better now with just as much potential if not more. If Colangelo is going to take a chance on a guy with some question marks it needs to be a guy with a much higher ceiling like Kanter or Knight... If either is there. if they want to play it as safe as possible in this draft then they should go with Kemba Walker if he's there. If Kanter, Knight and Walker are all on the board at #5 then I rank them Kanter, Walker, Knight. If they get one of those three then I can live with it. If they don't then I'll be a bit more uneasy although I could live Alec or Bismack if it ends up leading to a good payoff downtown the line. They may take some time, especially Burks.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                                Have you guys seen the Combine Athletic test results?

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...-Results-3725/

Really surprised how badly Irving did. Think he's still hurt? Not trying? Will he slip because of these results?

Also, why were there so many kids who didn't get one bench press in? Seriously? The kids invited to the combine are the ones who are prepping at major facilities in Chicago, Vegas, LA, etc... you're telling me they can't learn how to do a bench press. I'm not looking for miracles in a few months but they had to now what was coming.
                                Kyrie didn't participate in these.
                                So I doubt he'll slip at all.

And I'm pretty sure they get to choose which ones they participate in, so in regards to the bench pressing, the zeros might be for the guys who didn't bother doing them? Not sure. Thats weak. haha
                                Last edited by Joey; Thu May 26, 2011, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X