Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Changing Brand/Colours (Keeping Same Name)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Changing Brand/Colours (Keeping Same Name)

Doug Smith is reporting that they are going to change the colours and brand but keep Raptors as their name.

Thoughts?

Speculation on the colour change --- maybe to Blue/White ala Jays/Leafs ... or maybe red and white

I think this is a year too early. I think 2014/2015 will be our decisive season and give us a clear picture of the Raptors future. Eg. this team sucks we go into full rebuild we land Wiggins or Parker ... it would be a completely fresh start to unveil a new age for the Raps

edit: http://http://basketball.realgm.com/...e-Keeping-Name
    Last edited by connected; Mon Sep 30, 2013, 05:25 PM.

I like the idea of blue & white. Variations on a theme.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
      I like the idea of blue & white. Variations on a theme.
      yeah and if we did that they could redesign the claw to look like icicles or something - just throwing that out there

Comment

Bring back purple and black.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Blue and white with purple accents would be a unique colour scheme in the NBA and it would also be a callback to the original purple uniforms.

Comment

If All-Star TORONTO 2016 signage is any indication, Red and White is likely to be the colour scheme.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              If All-Star TORONTO 2016 signage is any indication, Red and White is likely to be the colour scheme.
              Probs just a template and last minute creation by the graphic designer guys

Comment

I'm not really a fan of having the three major T.O. sports teams wear a blue/white colour scheme. Like the idea of going back to purple though..
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

connected wrote: View Post
                  yeah and if we did that they could redesign the claw to look like icicles or something - just throwing that out there
                  Icicles? And perpetuate the concept that Toronto is Unbearably Cold? Nah. They're trying to fix this image problem. Lol
                  Last edited by Joey; Tue Oct 1, 2013, 09:27 AM.

Comment

I like the current white/red/black tbh, I must despise the unis/logo. Id like to see something more classic, simple.

That or we go full retard and bring back the purple and obscenely ridiculous raptor unis, only slightly updated. I'm surprisingly fine with that too.

It'll be pretty interesting to see if Drake can bring in a legit, forward thinking designer.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                      I'm not really a fan of having the three major T.O. sports teams wear a blue/white colour scheme. Like the idea of going back to purple though..
                      +1 million. If they want to brand as "Canada's" team, then assimilating with the Leafs (possibly the most hated sport team in Canada outside of its own fans) is a bad idea.

I keep picturing the Oregon Ducks football jerseys, but with purple instead of green.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I don't like the idea of a rebrand at all, unless it's full-blown with a name change. The classic franchises in every sport DO NOT rebrand, change colour schemes, or dramatically change logos - ever. Bad teams and struggling franchises do all the time. Be classy, Toronto!
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I like the Buffalo Bills color scheme. I think would be a good look. Red white and blue.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If they stick with the color red then they need to copy the Indiana Hoosiers basketball team jerseys for 2016 rebranding. Simple.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                              I don't like the idea of a rebrand at all, unless it's full-blown with a name change. The classic franchises in every sport DO NOT rebrand, change colour schemes, or dramatically change logos - ever. Bad teams and struggling franchises do all the time. Be classy, Toronto!
                              The New England Patriots come to mind as a storied franchise that successfully implemented a "re-brand" without a name change.

Comment

Working...
                              X