No announcement yet.

Draft Lottery 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No need to watch that waste of time, drawn out shit.

It gets summed up in 20 seconds in the highlight packs on sportsnet, the score, etc.

I'm not against televising it. But, if I'm not mistaken they drag it out for an hour. An Hour! That's about 55 minutes too long. The only thing people care about are the top five.

I mean sure I'd like to know where the raptors pick and the other 13 for that matter. But, I don't want to hear the over-analyzations by those moes for like 45 minutes.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

It gets summed up in 20 seconds in the highlight packs on sportsnet, the score, etc.

I'm not against televising it. But, if I'm not mistaken they drag it out for an hour. An Hour! That's about 55 minutes too long. The only thing people care about are the top five.

I mean sure I'd like to know where the raptors pick and the other 13 for that matter. But, I don't want to hear the over-analyzations by those moes for like 45 minutes.

I guess that same line of thinking can be used to distinguish those who watch all 82 (or 66) regular season games versus those who watch the highlights.

Comment

You could do what I do and that's record it and start watching 15-20 late.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          You could do what I do and that's record it and start watching 15-20 late.
          That's actually not a bad idea. I'll try that.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I guess that same line of thinking can be used to distinguish those who watch all 82 (or 66) regular season games versus those who watch the highlights.
            How so?

Comment

How so?
              It is either:

a) no fun if I have to explain it, or

b) nonsensical.

Either way whatever.... to each their own.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken it always takes place at halftime of whatever Eastern Conference game is on that evening...*edit* I may be wrong. This year it starts at 8.

Anyways, since I plan on having the Raptors win it, I'm definitely watching. Besides, what the hell else are you gonna watch on a Wednesday evening?
                Last edited by Mack North; Tue May 22, 2012, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I'll watch it. If they have the guys I dont mind.

Comment

Yeah, in previous years, I remember it being televised during halftime of a playoff game...which means 10-15 minutes max.

Comment

ddwilson wrote: View Post
                      One exception is that we tied with Golden State and since they won the tie breaker they got 7th in the first round, but in the second round we pick ahead of them hence we actually have the #37 pick while Golden State has the #38.
                      How so? GSW won the higher pick on a coin toss (this was the tie breaker). That higher pick slot continues to the 2nd round. NBA.com confirms this in their draft order list.

Comment

no last year it was on its own. It was half and hour long on one of the TSN's or NBA TV Canada don't remember.

Comment

Ya, why would they squeeze it in at halftime? The amount of money they can make putting it's out on it's own and dragging it out to make as much advertisement room as they can.

It's a bussiness driven league.

Comment

Ya, why would they squeeze it in at halftime? The amount of money they can make putting it's out on it's own and dragging it out to make as much advertisement room as they can.

It's a bussiness driven league.
                            true that, but its fun to watch. Just sitting there with your fingers crossed hoping your team moves up.

Comment

Who should represent the Raptors?
                              Anyone; it's a trivial assignment with no chance to affect the outcome.

What should they bring as a "lucky charm"?
                              A big gun.

Do you have a good "feeling" about this year's lotto?
                              I have the feeling it will be held on time. Does that count as a good feeling?

Will you watch the lotto?
                              If I happen to be watching the game, then yes; otherwise no. Knowing the results of the lottery the instant it happens is not important to me.

I will be happy whether we pick 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 9th, or 10th.

Comment

Date: May 30, 2012

Code:
                                 	                        Lottery
                                                        Record  chances        Pick
                                                                               1st 	2nd 	3rd 	4th 	5th 	6th 	7th 	8th 	9th 	10th 	11th 	12th 	13th 	14th
                                Toronto Raptors 	23-43 	35 	       .035     .040 	.048 	— 	— 	— 	— 	.704 	.165 	.008 	.000 	— 	— 	—
                                • Who should represent the Raptors?
                                • What should they bring as a "lucky charm"?
                                • Do you have a good "feeling" about this year's lotto?
                                • Will you watch the lotto?
                                Dwane Casey
                                Kid Raptor
                                Somewhat
                                YOLO
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X