No announcement yet.

2010 World Cup South Africa Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't liek cats and we should prolly lay off this guy. but, howls.

won't embed just follow link

http://www.thescore.com/buzz/article...ches-rob-green
    Last edited by LBF; Fri Jun 18, 2010, 04:42 PM.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Doc, your Germans got lucky today
      Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Germans totally demolished the English :O

Comment

Gurk wrote: View Post
          Doc, your Germans got lucky today
          Lucky? Yes, once with Lampard's missed call, but what about the other 89 minutes?

England did not deserve to move on. Bias aside, the better team won today.

Comment

Kudos to the Germans for playing such a well executed game. It's fun to watch a team play so crisply and in control. Though it's a shame about that missed goal for the English. One has to wonder if the game would have had a different outcome had the goal been called. The German's prolly still would have one but still...

That's what really pisses me of about soccer, that with so much riding there is far too much room for error on the part of the refs. Fifa needs to get with the times and implement some form of instant replay/reviews!

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
              Fifa needs to get with the times and implement some form of instant replay/reviews!
              Well they have been discussing goal judges ala the NHL (sit behind each goal), so after today I imagine they will put something in place. I don't foresee them implementing instant replay though.

Comment

Goal judges huh? I guess that's a step in the right direction. Hopefully that pans out.

Comment

That disallowed goal was an absolute disgrace to all nations, not just England. If that happened to any team in this tourney i'd feel gutted for them.

We all know Blatter and Fifa have always talked about Fair play but just dont buy into it. This cock up should never have happened as extra ref's and goal-line technology should have been implemented a very long time ago.

I think Fifa needs to make a statement here, ban these refs for a cluster fuck and at the same time take responisbility for a lack of inaction on the Fifa Fair Play slogan.

Not to mention to change this 2 yellow card rule. Two yellows in two games=red is also a fucking sham and is ruining the worldcup games.

Anywho back to the game.

While of course i wanted my England to win, from before the cup even started i was telling everyone that this England side was the weakest i've seen in a long time. I knew we wouldnt make it far.

The germans as usual played an excellent, well executed game. It kind of reminds me of what england used to be like.

When your giving up goals like most of the ones Germany scored today, you just aren't world class at all.

Our defense looked confused and lost out there. Rooney was useless and inaffective.

Lampard who i dislike was one of the only midfielders trying out there. I think Ashley Cole was the best defender on the day. Kudos to him, David James, and Lampard for showing some heart out there. The rest of you wankers should be absolutely disgusted with your perfomance.

Capello's lack of inaction (substituting) and the changes he did actually make were pathetic. I mean we werent running up front so you decide to put Heskey in? Fuck sakes i love Heskey but in this type of game you just cant bring him in!

I think that disallowed goal was definitely a game changer..That said, at the end of the day i still think Germany would have taken the game as they showed more passion/desire to get the ball and put it in the net.

Wish Germany all the best in the next round. They need to keep this momentum and not get too big headed about this thrashing. Germany is notorius for big games and then cockin up.

Go Germany, Go Mexico!

Comment

Well said JattDogg. This World Cup more so than any other Cup in recent history has been marred by poor refereeing-how many goals on offsides have been allowed! Just now Argentina's first goal against the Mexicans clearly should have been disallowed due to offside. SMH. In a sport where one goal can be an absolute momentum changer, there needs to be more emphasis put on getting the call right!

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                      Lucky? Yes, once with Lampard's missed call, but what about the other 89 minutes?

England did not deserve to move on. Bias aside, the better team won today.
                      lol Doc you quoted me on something I said on Germany's last game. Not the England one

Comment

I just saw this for the first time. LOL

Comment

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, my World Cup is complete! The Italians and Portugese have both been Eliminated, now I can be happy for the eventual winner. Go Ghana I guess, it'd be nice to see the home side get one!

Comment

Brazil OUT!

for some, this is a heartbreak.
                            for some, this would be a time of rejoicing.

Who are you cheering for at the World Cup??

I want Germany to beat Argentina today. Looks like Spain is going to win it all.

Comment

danny wrote: View Post
                              I want Germany to beat Argentina today. Looks like Spain is going to win it all.
                              Tomorrow you mean. Germany and Argentina play Saturday morning. Ghana and Uruguay are this afternoon.

BTW, if I was a betting man right now I'd put my money on the Dutch. No team has consistently played as well throughout this tournament like they have. Today just reassured that opinion too.

Comment

What an entertaining game! My two fav teams battling out. Great win 4 the Orange Crush!!!! Spain here we come!

Comment

Working...
                                X