No announcement yet.

Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some of you ppl smoking? why are we giving money to nash? mlse only wants nash to put ppl in the seats, don't be brainwashed
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

• knickz wrote: View Post
      I don't understand why ppl are getting excited for a 38 year old pg with a bad back
      he was also a 28 year old with a bad back and a 29 year old with a bad back and a 30 year old with a bad back and a 31 year old with a bad back and a 32 year old with a bad back and a 33 year old with a bad back and a 34 year old with a bad back and a 35 year old with a bad back and a 36 year old with a bad back and a 37 year old with a bad back

Comment

• http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Sign_And_Trade

I don't think that Knicks can and want to offer as much money as Raptors offered - everybody knows it, but he's still waiting. That may be the sign that we should start looking to plan B or plan C(alderon) and fill other holes in our lineup. Looks like Nash wants to compete for the championship not only playoffs.
        (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

• NoBan wrote: View Post
          I really like Ersan. Give him the $20 mil we're offering to 10th man Landy Fields & forget the Nash (aka 8th place or bust) plan.
          You should really look at some stats and facts before making erroneous claims on Fields.

Comment

• No way Ilyasova is sf on defense and why would we want another pf? we have bargs, amir, davis, acy. This make no sence unless BC is going to do a trade for a sf involving two of our pfs

Comment

• Vykis wrote: View Post
              No way Ilyasova is sf on defense and why would we want another pf? we have bargs, amir, davis, acy. This make no sence unless BC is going to do a trade for a sf involving two of our pfs
              I'm a big Illy fan and though he's a questionable man to man defender at the three he's a very good help defender and doesn't mind mucking it up and banging with the big boys. In Caseys zone heavy defence I think he'd be fine at the 3. He's light years ahead of Fields at getting buckets and rebounds better too. His biggest question mark is consistency but in comparison to Landry his top side is much higher. I'd rather have EI than LK, Special Ed or either Johnson, he's just more productive than any of these other guys.
              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• japetas wrote: View Post
                http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Sign_And_Trade

I don't think that Knicks can and want to offer as much money as Raptors offered - everybody knows it, but he's still waiting. That may be the sign that we should start looking to plan B or plan C(alderon) and fill other holes in our lineup. Looks like Nash wants to compete for the championship not only playoffs.
                if a championship is what he wants he wont get that in NY.. he wont even see the ball much with Melo hogging it all the time...Nash said hed look through rosters & that a fit on the court was very important to him... theres no fit in NY for Nash..unless hes happy being cornor 3ball Nash..

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  I didn't say anything about Houston having a large Asian - or Chinese population for that matter -although it doesn't hurt that he's of Asian heritage. Lin had a lot of hype surrounding him last year and I would expect him to ride it into this season.
                  I apologize, I just assumed you meant that I suppose because I cant come to grips with the notion that Lin can attract the typical ticket buyer because of a dazzling display of bb. He does/did a few things well but very few individual players actually adds to an attendance...Nash is one.

Toronto did attract many new attendees to the games here that he played in but I gather the vast majority were of Chinese background which of course is understandable...and hence my original assumption of your post.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    And I suppose somehow you expect all of our other options at PG are better at defense? Calderon is the longest serving raptor, he is a leader, he puts up an ELITE ast/to ratio. What are the salary difficulties with keeping Calderon, while also grabbing Dragic for the future?
                    Calderon - this is my evaluation based on NBA standards

running an offense 8/10
                    shot 7/10
                    transition offense 7/10
                    dribble penetration 4/10
                    ability to create his own show 2/10
                    draws double team 1/10
                    defends his own position 2/10
                    help defense 4/10 (he understands where to go but cant get there very quickly and when he does... well whatever).

If this team is going to hang its hat on playing defense he can't stay.
                    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      I apologize, I just assumed you meant that I suppose because I cant come to grips with the notion that Lin can attract the typical ticket buyer because of a dazzling display of bb. He does/did a few things well but very few individual players actually adds to an attendance...Nash is one.

Toronto did attract many new attendees to the games here that he played in but I gather the vast majority were of Chinese background which of course is understandable...and hence my original assumption of your post.
                      more than tickets lin is a gateway to chinese tv markets

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        You should really look at some stats and facts before making erroneous claims on Fields.
                        Fields per 48 mins (last season): 14.7 PTS, 7.0 REB, 4.3 AST, 0.4 BLK, 2.0 STL, 2.5 PF, 2.6 TO. With at 12.0 PER

Gary Forbes per 48 mins (last season): 21.5 PTS. 6.9 REB, 3.6 AST. 0.4 BLK, 1.6 STL, 3.8 PF, 3.6 TO. With at 12.4 PER.

Fields 2012 playoffs: 4.8 PPG, 2.2 RPG, 1.3 APG, and 11.0 PER

Comment

• NoBan wrote: View Post
                          Fields per 48 mins (last season): 14.7 PTS, 7.0 REB, 4.3 AST, 0.4 BLK, 2.0 STL, 2.5 PF, 2.6 TO. With at 12.0 PER

Gary Forbes per 48 mins (last season): 21.5 PTS. 6.9 REB, 3.6 AST. 0.4 BLK, 1.6 STL, 3.8 PF, 3.6 TO. With at 12.4 PER.

Fields 2012 playoffs: 4.8 PPG, 2.2 RPG, 1.3 APG, and 11.0 PER

forbes gets garbage minutes. check out alabis per 48. compare fields to a few starting sf in the league

Comment

• Fields played for a playoff team, played more minutes, and played in the dumb Carmelo offense. His rookie numbers are more reflective of his game

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              more than tickets lin is a gateway to chinese tv markets
                              Absolutely including merchandise. And if Houston gets him there will surely be a Yao Ming connection/bridge there.

Comment

• An Asian American kid that's young, makes highlight plays and isn't much taller than the average person. He's like a marketers wet dream.

I think it was Forbes that said he's a $500 million empire. And when you realize how Yao and McGrady (just through affiliation) were two of the top selling jersey's in the league, and voted into every AS game, for close to 10 years it's not hard to understand why team's want him.

Comment

Working...
                                X