Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nash>calderon>lowry>dragic>lin

Comment

• This message board is out of it's mind. Every critical response is met by an avalanche of excuses from fanboys/homers . Landry Fields sucks. No other team would offer him $20 million, simple as that. Having Nash/Fields at $55 million for 3 seasons is a horrible deal. That's max money for a 40 year old and a bench guy.

Comment

• NoBan wrote: View Post
        This message board is out of it's mind. Every critical response is met by an avalanche of excuses from fanboys/homers . Landry Fields sucks. No other team would offer him $20 million, simple as that. Having Nash/Fields at $55 million for 3 seasons is a horrible deal. That's max money for a 40 year old and a bench guy.
        The problem we have with you is your manufactured facts. You create the fact you want and then argue your opinion, instead of letting the facts dictate your opinion.

Landry Fields is a mild over pay...I suspect we are paying about 3 - 4 million more than he is worth over the life of his contract. In his third year it gives us either a 9 million dollar expiring trade chip...a very solid wing guy we go forward with and at the worst....9 million comes off our books at the end of that season

Steve Nash is a mild over pay....At 38 I don't suspect he would deteriorate that quickly. But he is likely worth 27 - 30 million over three years. 12 is an over pay but again. After he generously donates three years of leadership/development and wins to the Raptors. He comes off the books.

Amir Johnson & Bargnani also come off the books then. If you haven't noticed yet. The play is for accelerated development over the next 3 years - re-evaluate what we have then (40 million comes off the books if all four players are signed and kept until that point) and move forward accordingly.

I would not be surprised if we over pay at least one more veteran (Grant Hill) on a 3 year deal.

now to your adjusted 48 minutes thing. It doesn't take into account when those minutes were played who they were played against....i.e. garbage time(Forbes) vs defending starters(Fields)

As someone said Alabi's per 48 minutes is a perfect example of this...which I will now post.

19.2 ppg 27.2 rebounds 5 blocks <---------perennial all star and HOF numbers for sure.

Stats can say whatever you want them to. So it's CRITICAL you look at more than the ones that support your pre-existing opinion. Rather read a bunch...read reviews, read scouting reports, read opinions counter to your own and for a SPLIT second consider what if I'm wrong? Even if you land back on your original opinion...the more experienced posters here would likely stop savaging your every post.

If you looked just at stats....Landry Fields was a garbage signing. HOWEVER if you have the context of a superstar egomaniac black hole no defense playing coach killing Carmelo Anthony, a change in system. You would be better off examining how he played with a pass first PG. I.E. his Rookie stats and time without Melo are more indicative of who he will be.
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Teams always overpay guys to get what they want, it's not only the Raptors. And Landry Fields is a solid player..

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            The problem we have with you is your manufactured facts. You create the fact you want and then argue your opinion, instead of letting the facts dictate your opinion.

Landry Fields is a mild over pay...I suspect we are paying about 3 - 4 million more than he is worth over the life of his contract. In his third year it gives us either a 9 million dollar expiring trade chip...a very solid wing guy we go forward with and at the worst....9 million comes off our books at the end of that season

Steve Nash is a mild over pay....At 38 I don't suspect he would deteriorate that quickly. But he is likely worth 27 - 30 million over three years. 12 is an over pay but again. After he generously donates three years of leadership/development and wins to the Raptors. He comes off the books.

Amir Johnson & Bargnani also come off the books then. If you haven't noticed yet. The play is for accelerated development over the next 3 years - re-evaluate what we have then (40 million comes off the books if all four players are signed and kept until that point) and move forward accordingly.

I would not be surprised if we over pay at least one more veteran (Grant Hill) on a 3 year deal.

now to your adjusted 48 minutes thing. It doesn't take into account when those minutes were played who they were played against....i.e. garbage time(Forbes) vs defending starters(Fields)

As someone said Alabi's per 48 minutes is a perfect example of this...which I will now post.

19.2 ppg 27.2 rebounds 5 blocks <---------perennial all star and HOF numbers for sure.

Stats can say whatever you want them to. So it's CRITICAL you look at more than the ones that support your pre-existing opinion. Rather read a bunch...read reviews, read scouting reports, read opinions counter to your own and for a SPLIT second consider what if I'm wrong? Even if you land back on your original opinion...the more experienced posters here would like stop savaging your every post.

If you looked just at stats....Landry Fields was a garbage signing. HOWEVER if you have the context of a superstar egomaniac black hole no defense playing coach killing Carmelo Anthony, a change in system. You would be better off examining how he played with a pass first PG. I.E. his Rookie stats and time without Melo are more indicative of who he will be.
            Thank you

Comment

Fields per 48 mins (last season): 14.7 PTS, 7.0 REB, 4.3 AST, 0.4 BLK, 2.0 STL, 2.5 PF, 2.6 TO. With at 12.0 PER

Gary Forbes per 48 mins (last season): 21.5 PTS. 6.9 REB, 3.6 AST. 0.4 BLK, 1.6 STL, 3.8 PF, 3.6 TO. With at 12.4 PER.

Fields 2012 playoffs: 4.8 PPG, 2.2 RPG, 1.3 APG, and 11.0 PER
              Classic example of why stats are so misleading when read in a vacuum. Gary Forbes is a borderline NBA player, you know it, I know it and Gary knows it.
              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

This message board is out of it's mind. Every critical response is met by an avalanche of excuses from fanboys/homers . Landry Fields sucks. No other team would offer him $20 million, simple as that. Having Nash/Fields at $55 million for 3 seasons is a horrible deal. That's max money for a 40 year old and a bench guy.
                I'm not falling for this one.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Fields per 48 mins (last season): 14.7 PTS, 7.0 REB, 4.3 AST, 0.4 BLK, 2.0 STL, 2.5 PF, 2.6 TO. With at 12.0 PER

Gary Forbes per 48 mins (last season): 21.5 PTS. 6.9 REB, 3.6 AST. 0.4 BLK, 1.6 STL, 3.8 PF, 3.6 TO. With at 12.4 PER.

Fields 2012 playoffs: 4.8 PPG, 2.2 RPG, 1.3 APG, and 11.0 PER
                  You said he was 10th man.

According to our good friend Liston, he played 2nd most number of minutes of any knick last year.

That does not meet the generally accepted criteria of 10th man in the NBA.

Comment

19.2 ppg 27.2 rebounds 5 blocks
                    fucking alabi. i knew it was gonna be decent but that is incredible.

Comment

• We should start considering a trade for Lowry or signing Dragic...the longer this drags on, the more likely we are to get nothing
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

We should start considering a trade for Lowry or signing Dragic...the longer this drags on, the more likely we are to get nothing
                        Yup. BC better be sure he's getting Nash if he's gonna wait on him any longer

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                          He outplayed Lowry and if you ask majority of the Rockets fans they'll tell you that.
                          How do you outplay a man in a suit on your bench?

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
                            How do you outplay a man in a suit on your bench?
                            by default

Comment

• Statistical comparison

Heres an objective comparison. I realize this isnt the end all of either players value.

Last season:
                              Nash- 12.5ppg - 10.7apg - 3rpg - 0.6spg - 3.7tpg
                              Dragic (when starting)- 18ppg - 8.4apg - 3.5rpg - 1.8spg - 3.2tpg

*Nash shot the ball a bit better in all three categories but Dragic is up there too in efficiency.
                              *Dragic played more mpg as a starter but that shouldn't matter as its unlikely Nash's minutes will go up. He played 32 mpg, has some injury issues and is getting older.

I like both for the Raptors, but I also think both the Nash deal and Dragic's asking price are too high. Id personally take Dragic as I like him for the future and think hes a far better defender, so long as he isnt asking more than 5 years (or is this already the max length under new CBA rules?). 4 would be ideal

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                You should really look at some stats and facts before making erroneous claims on Fields.
                                lol don't even bother with him. He's just a very angry little boy :P

Comment

Working...
                                X