Would BC Dare Draft International?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would BC Dare Draft International?

OK I know it's early but a lot of draft boards have the Raps picking Enas Kanter. Turkish guy who's currently known as the best C on the draft. Even though he hasn't played a game yet this year and has a history of knee problems. But then again look at guys like Blair on the Spurs.

He is a banger and not a finesse big like Bargs.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/enes-kanter

Turkey seems to be the new Spain (every team needs one).

Not saying I agree with it, but I'm strong believer of taking the best available player. And a bench of Davis and Johnson is pretty awesome.

And just for fun: http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2011/mockdraft
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

WHo gives a crap where he's from? If Kanter is healthy, then he's one of the top guys I'd look at. He'd be perfect for the Raptors because he'd a) compliment Amir and Davis so well and b) make Bargnani expendable.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

On a side note, it would be nice if he catches on with a European team before the draft so he can be evaluated a little better. I hate judging players too much on workouts. It often leads to disaster.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        WHo gives a crap where he's from? If Kanter is healthy, then he's one of the top guys I'd look at. He'd be perfect for the Raptors because he'd a) compliment Amir and Davis so well and b) make Bargnani expendable.
        Totally agree. There's a just a lot people that would love to get rid of the Euraptor tag, regardless of talent. Even though I think that's our best chance right now of getting/keeping FA's.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
          Totally agree. There's a just a lot people that would love to get rid of the Euraptor tag, regardless of talent. Even though I think that's our best chance right now of getting/keeping FA's.
          I think the Raptors best chance of getting/keeping free agents is winning. San Antonio's got no problem keeping their talent and they've often had lots of international players. Winning is about the only thing that changes perception.
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Please no!.. Rafael 2.0

Comment

MillerRegent wrote: View Post
              Please no!.. Rafael 2.0
              Other than the fact that they are both strong, white centers, whose first language is not english, maybe you could explain the similarities.
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Kanter is playing at Kentucy this year with Terrance Jones and Brandon Knight. We are going to see a lot of him come March.

Comment

cbowlby wrote: View Post
                  Kanter is playing at Kentucy this year with Terrance Jones and Brandon Knight. We are going to see a lot of him come March.
                  Don't follow the NCAA much, do you? Kanter was ruled permanently ineligible and won't ever play for Kentucky. He hasn't played a minute, there.
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

This thread needs more info about the guy:

Easily the most impressive player on the World Select Team, Kanter had strong showings in practice and exploded for 34 points at 13 rebounds during the game. Carrying the Internationals back from a 10-point deficit to build a commanding lead in the third quarter, Kanter single-handedly repositioned his team to win the game. The Kentucky commit sparked a lot of positive buzz with his showing, and only reinforced many of the positive qualities we saw from him in junior play.

Measuring in at 6’10 with shoes on and sporting a 7’1 wingspan, Kanter wasn’t the tallest player on the floor, but his 260-pound frame afforded him a ton of success on the block. He’s not a great athlete by any standards, though he flashes some explosiveness from time to time, but uses his body as well as any player you’ll see on the high school level. He exceptionally good at using leverage, is extremely patient, won’t hesitate to initiate contact, and shows outstanding hands.

When Kanter gets the ball in the post off an entry pass or offensive rebound, he’s very good finding angles to create clean looks for himself at the basket. Able to establish deep position and showing an array of drop step moves and little pivots, Kanter has a knack for taking what the defense gives him and doing exactly what he needs to get the job done. Savvy beyond his years, Kanter excels at the rim for a player without outstanding athleticism.

Kanter’s offensive game appears to have expanded from his days with Fenerbahce. In addition to the incredible feel for scoring in the post that caught the attention of scouts years ago, he’s now capable of stepping to out the high-post and knocking down shots with solid consistency. His shot is on the flat side, but he showed range out to the college three-point line and could develop into a very reliable pick-and-pop threat.

Defensively, Kanter had some excellent possessions in practice, coming up with some blocks by being a step ahead of the play and contesting shots with his positioning, rather than his athleticism. His body helps him fight for position on the block, and his physical nature allowed him to deny penetration when his man attempted to take him off the dribble. Once the shot goes up, Kanter does a nice job of sealing off his man and pursuing the ball. Though his ability to rebound outside of his area wasn’t as apparent as it was in junior play, he’s still, more often than not, the player coming down with the ball in a crowd.
                    More on DX: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Enes-Kanter-5168/

Comment

It depends on our draft position. If he's the best available, then we take him. If we do get him though, that means Bargnani is out. Is BC ready to make that move?

Comment

I don't think the question with Kanter is drafting a euro or not. I think it's more about the risk of drafting a big guy with questionable knees. I almost want the Raptors to take a chance on him because I think the upside is so huge, but it also means a big risk. Irving or either Jones would be much lower risk and almost equally high upside.

Comment

screw this kanter we need a dude at the SF position and he needs to be black! no more europeans. I don't mind Bargs or Calderon but i don't want the raptors to be like a fckin Euro league team. Bring in a beast 6'8" SF and we're good to go. Or just bring in a good SG and put Derosen at the sf position.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                            screw this kanter we need a dude at the SF position and he needs to be black! no more europeans. I don't mind Bargs or Calderon but i don't want the raptors to be like a fckin Euro league team. Bring in a beast 6'8" SF and we're good to go. Or just bring in a good SG and put Derosen at the sf position.
                            Please tell me you're joking and not really this ignorant.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

As long as we don't draft a 7 foot Lithuanian center I'm cool with another international. And if it's not a top 5 pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X