Dominic McGuire has reached agreement on a deal with the Toronto Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I think the signing is relative. He is, in my opinion, a good third string signing and a depth signing. Probably getting a little over analyzed due to the time of year and little is happening.

The deal is not even guaranteed it seems. Always nice to have a guy fighting for his pay cheque who is already an aggressive defender and rebounder.
    Totally agree, and if he makes the team I think he can only bring positive since he's a fighter and he also seems to be a team player. He won't get a lot of minutes anyway, unless there are some injuries.

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
      Because the teams you mentioned are looking at adding the Ray Allen's of the world for the same basic price tag.
      Ray Allen got $3 mill a year, so that comment doesn't even make sense.

I really do hope the guy has the skills, but the way some comments were made just seemed over the top about a guy signed after labour day.

Like Matt52 says though, "always nice to have a guy fighting for his pay".
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post

I really do hope the guy has the skills, but the way some comments were made just seemed over the top about a guy signed after labour day.

Like Matt52 says though, "always nice to have a guy fighting for his pay".

Exactly....it never hurts to have guys like this that will push others in practice and raise the competitive energy of the team even if he never p[lays

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
          Here's the thing with Allen than Mcguire doesn't have...

All-star appearances, Future hall of famer, NBA Championship, arguably the greatest shooter of all time (Reggie highest profile shooter of all-time).

Mcguire is a good defender....

Ray Allen has had the crown, he's had the riches, he's had the experience. All he wants is another ring. While Mcguire is trying to work for a minimum NBA salary at least.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I think if anybody gets injured it will be hard to get him(Dominic McGuire) out of the rotation and he will quickly become a fan favorite.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              I think if anybody gets injured it will be hard to get him(Dominic McGuire) out of the rotation and he will quickly become a fan favorite.
              Better perimeter defending James Johnson without the attitude?

Comment

Without the offense as well. And James Johnson was an awful offensive player.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                  Better perimeter defending James Johnson without the attitude?
                  I'm not sure thats a fair statement.

JJ was out best Perimeter Defender last year.
                  If McGuire is our best going forward, I'd be surprised.

And these 'attitude' problems JJ had are complete speculation, and no one knows what went down.
                  The guy was all class when it came to the media and the fans. Never once complained out loud (as far as I know).

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    And these 'attitude' problems JJ had are complete speculation, and no one knows what went down.
                    The guy was all class when it came to the media and the fans. Never once complained out loud (as far as I know).
                    True, but the fact that he was traded for next-to-nothing might give us an indication as how Casey/Colangelo perceived him (whether it was his "attitude", playing ability, or both).

Comment

+1

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        True, but the fact that he was traded for next-to-nothing might give us an indication as how Casey/Colangelo perceived him (whether it was his "attitude", playing ability, or both).
                        So the same could be said about Barbosa, no?

Comment

So the same could be said about Barbosa, no?
                          Yeah, I suppose.

But Barbosa didn't seem to fit the "youth movement". Also, backup SG wasn't considered one of the team's biggest holes going into the offseason.

Johnson was still young/inexperienced (i.e. had room to blossom), played a position of greatest need, and was still shown the door.

Comment

D-MAC has landed!

TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Oh, and signed of course:

TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

the Barbosa reference reminds me... sorry but kinda off topic.... for those stating BC coulda, shoulda got more for him, the guy is having a hard time getting a contract for more than the veteran's minimum. I am shocked by this but I think that speaks to his lack of trade value at the deadline last year. although it should be mentioned that no returning contracts was a condition of any deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X