No announcement yet.

Derrick Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would minnesotta do this. Bargnani is uselsss due to love and Anderson is just a volume shooter. Williams is still a very solid prospect...to get him we would need to give up Demar or picks

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      On second thought, a more reasonable trade would be Bargnani & Anderson for Ridnour & Roy (with or without Lakers involved).
      +1. I'll take either Barea/Ridnour + Roy for Bargs + AA. This MIN-TOR trade makes so much sense. It needs it's own thread.

Comment

raptors98 wrote: View Post
        Why would minnesotta do this. Bargnani is uselsss due to love and Anderson is just a volume shooter. Williams is still a very solid prospect...to get him we would need to give up Demar or picks
        I bet he wouldn't be more useful than Derrick is for them right now. Seriously guys why would Minny do this and just why would we do this??? It just increases our log jam at the 3 spot.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          I bet he wouldn't be more useful than Derrick is for them right now. Seriously guys why would Minny do this and just why would we do this??? It just increases our log jam at the 3 spot.
          This is just how I see it:

There have been many rumours for a while about Minnesota not wanting Derrick Williams. For whatever reason, it just does not look like the two are meant to be. Luke Ridnour is going to get lost in the shuffle of JJ Barea, Alexei Shved, and Rubio in the future. He is 31 and very possibly not part of their future plans. If this is all true, the Timberwolves get a scorer from the 4 who, while not the best defender, would play well with Pekovic and Kirilenko (two great defenders) around him. Plus, they get Alan Anderson who can fill in for a Chase Budinger while he is gone, and backup the wings.

They get a scoring 4, a backup wing (better option than Mickael Gelabale, who is getting over 20minutes a game for them), and just more minutes to spread around for their younger guards. It makes sense.

The Raps get a backup PG which they so desperately need (sorry JLIII) and an athletic backup PF. If the Raps are going to play more small ball, more run and gun, they thus need some more athletic guys (especially on a decent contract). The Raps clear one log jam at the 2/3, get more minutes for Ross, while beefing up the back court and the 4 spot.

If Minnesota does not want to part with Ridnour and Williams, Ridnour and Roy also makes sense (assuming Roy is not going to really play).

Comment

What about Bargnani and Anderson for Ridnour and Roy

Comment

how bout this guys?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b82nov8

Comment

Working...
              X