No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know....Colangelo's camp has been awfully quiet since the season started (has he done one radio/TV interview?). I wonder/hope if he's working on something big....

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
      a laker fan on another forum suggested this trade, so maybe they want pau out of there more than we know?!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6qjvont
      Not a trade forum thread I know, but since you brought up Pau to Toronto, how about introducing Denver as a 3rd team, and moving Pau to Denver with Iggy coming back here:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cqbroz7

Comment

• Maybe even BC has run out of ways to change the topic when people point out that Bargnani is the least efficient player in the entire association.

The key to being a good traveling snake oil salesman is to keep moving before the lies catch up to you.

Comment

• Could somebody make my rage stop?

A day after the heartbreaking loss — a two-word term that, at this point, should probably just be renamed “a Raptor” — Casey seemed genuinely conflicted about the decision he ultimately made. On one hand, he recognized that sticking with Bargnani, thus dooming his team to a large quantity of missed shots, might have cost his team the game.

However, the main reason that Bargnani stayed on the floor was the thing that can often work to keep him off of it: Bargnani was playing stellar, or at least better-than-normal, defence.

“That’s my point exactly,” Casey said. “He had length on Duncan. It bothered him to a certain extent. [Jonas Valanciunas] is learning to guard that position. Duncan has too many tricks for a rookie. JV, it was a good experience for him when he was on him. But Andrea did an excellent job of using his length and not getting tricked in the post.”

In other words: Casey has repeatedly gotten on Bargnani privately for his defensive effort. If he pulled Bargnani in a game in which he was giving an honest effort on the other end of the floor, it would have been the equivalent of a mixed message. If the biggest concern with Bargnani is his defensive inconsistency, then good behaviour must be rewarded.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...drea-bargnani/
          Only the Raptors.

So if I understand correctly, we are rewarding a guy who already gets plenty of minutes for actually trying. This guy of course happens to be a 7th year pro and 27 years of age. Well, I've read it all now.

#tradeBargnani #freeRaptorfans

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Could somebody make my rage stop?

Only the Raptors.

So if I understand correctly, we are rewarding a guy who already gets plenty of minutes for actually trying. This guy of course happens to be a 7th year pro and 27 years of age. Well, I've read it all now.

#tradeBargnani #freeRaptorfans
            Its ridiculous isn't it?

Accountability - selectively distributed. That in and of itself doesn't lead to mixed messages?

Bargnani defense is 'stellar' (because it wasn't complete garbage) so he gets rewarded. Ed Davis' play as a whole was stellar and he doesn't.

This teams focus on Andrea Bargnani is just a crock. We know what he is - an unreliable jump shooting big man who rebounds extremely poorly.

Why can't this team accept that and get on with things?

Comment

• can we add #fireBC?
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                can we add #fireBC?
                He has until the trade deadline before I start it.

Anyone else can feel free to begin!

Comment

• already done
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Don't think I've ever seen the Republic so unified before. Is the trade bargnani campain on Facebook as well? The more public pressure BC faces the better.

Comment

• For a second I was thinking we shouldnt pressure BC to making a bad trade.

But seeing what we got for Bosh and Carter, any return is a GREAT trade.
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• How many years does Bargs have on his contract ?

Comment

• 2 I think
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• If Bargs is expiring next year, maybe its smarter to wait till then to trade him?

Comment

• Bargnani isn't a free agent until the summer of 2015. 3 years left (including this one).

Comment

• A fun exchange with @RaptorsPR (who I really like by the way, follow him if you are on Twitter):

@Raptors @RaptorsPR Please notice new avatar. Biggest BC supporter 2 biggest doubter & nearly ready 4 new GM #tradeBargnani #freeRaptorfans

@RaptorsPR @Raptors 280 losses, 72 players, 3 coaches, 1 GM = 3 constants Colangelo, Bargnani, Calderon #tradeBargnai #freeRaptorfans

RaptorsPR ‏@RaptorsPR

At least get the totals for losses and players correct. @RapsFan2: @RaptorsPR @Raptors 280 losses, 72 players, 3 coaches, 1 GM

@RaptorsPR @Raptors LOL You are right! It is 281 losses! And counting! LOL #tradeBargnani #freeRaptorFans

@RaptorsPR @Raptors 68 (my count), 72, 70, 66, 71? Does it matter? Point: lots of players in BC tenure #tradeBargnani #freeRaptorfans

RaptorsPR ‏@RaptorsPR

Still incorrect. "@RapsFan2: @RaptorsPR @Raptors LOL You are right! It is 281 losses! And counting! LOL #tradeBargnani #freeRaptorFans"

@RaptorsPR @Raptors Pop quiz time! 35+41+49+42+60+43+11=??? #tradeBargnani #freeRaptorfans #MLSEbuyCalculatorsforRaptorsPR (answer is 281)

Comment

Working...
                                X