Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Watch the Kings
    The 16-25 kings should not be our model. I can see swapping people out for offense/defense but Ed Davis sat most of the 4th. I wish I had some advanced stats on that small lineup of Amir/LF/AA/DD/JC or any variation of that. The eyeball test to me watching all these games is that they are probably pretty poor in offensive and defensive efficiency as a group and I can guarantee they are at a huge negative in +/-.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      DeRozan is starting to disappear
      starting?... he disappeared a few weeks back..

Comment

• Pill wrote: View Post
        The 16-25 kings should not be our model. I can see swapping people out for offense/defense but Ed Davis sat most of the 4th. I wish I had some advanced stats on that small lineup of Amir/LF/AA/DD/JC or any variation of that. The eyeball test to me watching all these games is that they are probably pretty poor in offensive and defensive efficiency as a group and I can guarantee they are at a huge negative in +/-.
        Now you got me saying we should be like the kings. That wasn't really my intention. You said:

I watch a lot of basketball and I dont see any other team in the league scrapping what they do for 3-3.5 quarters and switching to a completely different lineup for the end.
        I mentioned the Kings for some crazy line-up switches; especially with Smart's pointguard/ballhandling situation.

Comment

• Pill wrote: View Post
          Prior to this game, that lineup has been on the floor for a total of 9 minutes this season, over the course of 3 different games. During those 9 minutes, they were a net -2, the lineup being a plus two of the times it was used, and a minus the third.

Other small lineups with Amir at the C have been quite effective, the worst of the bunch being Calderon-DeRozan-Anderson-Kleiza-Johnson, which has played 24 minutes and has a net +/- of 0. Lowry-Ross-Fields-Anderson-Johnson is +11 in only 21 minutes--huge win. Calderon-Ross-DeRozan-Anderson-Johnson is +1 in 15 minutes. Lowry-Ross-DeRozan-Anderson-Johnson is +6 in only 13 minutes. The small lineup Amir's played in most frequently, however, is Lucas-Ross-Anderson-Kleiza-Johnson, which is a massive +19 in the 37 minutes (of which many were admittedly garbage time) they have played together.

This is why we should always ignore people who use the "eyeball test" to evaluate basketball. Small lineups with Amir at C are some of the most successful ones the Raptors have played all year.
          Last edited by tkfu; Sun Jan 20, 2013, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• Lakers analysts in post game about Calderon "this is a player that could start, very easily, for any other team in the nba..."

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
              Lakers analysts in post game about Calderon "this is a player that could start, very easily, for any other team in the nba..."
              And how many years has BCo been trying to trade away this guy? MAYBE we should build our team with Jose as a cornerstone instead of someone else...but Jose was brought in by someone else...I digress.

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                starting?... he disappeared a few weeks back..
                DeRozan has been, shall we just say, inconsistent since the Kings game.

Take out the Portland game and January has truly been a month to forget.

Comment

• I'm really, really loving Davis' elbow jumpshot that he has now. Without that the whole offence would suffer I think, he gets at least 3 or 4 of those a game.

Comment

• Where is all the bitching about referees?

Oh right!

The Raptors fought back against every Lakers run and took matters in to their own hands thereby securing the win! YAY!

Go Raps!

Comment

• you got that right Matty D

Comment

• DeRozan im sure he knows how he is playing dont worry he will bounce back to repeat what I said earlier, the kid is pure hard work, ugly game by him though no doubt. but he is playing against Kobe Bryant after all.

DeRozan: "The last couple of loses have been on me and I know that, definitely get back into the flow of things soon. I have been forcing things and losing my focus"

Dont worry about the guy, Great game by Fields and Im starting to become a Acy fan. Feels good to beat the Lakers forcing them to push another Panic button lol.

Comment

• tkfu wrote: View Post
                          Prior to this game, that lineup has been on the floor for a total of 9 minutes this season, over the course of 3 different games. During those 9 minutes, they were a net -2, the lineup being a plus two of the times it was used, and a minus the third.

Other small lineups with Amir at the C have been quite effective, the worst of the bunch being Calderon-DeRozan-Anderson-Kleiza-Johnson, which has played 24 minutes and has a net +/- of 0. Lowry-Ross-Fields-Anderson-Johnson is +11 in only 21 minutes--huge win. Calderon-Ross-DeRozan-Anderson-Johnson is +1 in 15 minutes. Lowry-Ross-DeRozan-Anderson-Johnson is +6 in only 13 minutes. The small lineup Amir's played in most frequently, however, is Lucas-Ross-Anderson-Kleiza-Johnson, which is a massive +19 in the 37 minutes (of which many were admittedly garbage time) they have played together.

This is why we should always ignore people who use the "eyeball test" to evaluate basketball. Small lineups with Amir at C are some of the most successful ones the Raptors have played all year.
                          Thanks for the stats. But they dont really represent what I was talking about since they can include a lot of play against bench players. The fact that ross is represented 4/6 of these lineups and he is barely ever is featured at the end of games other than a short stretch of games indicates to me while these stats are nice they don't really represent what I was talking about.

The stretch of time from 6 minutes left in the 4th, their best players against our small lineup is when I am talking about. Admittedly it isn't something that gets heavy run but I notice he puts it out there from time to time with various players due to the injuries we have had. Why he does it in situations like today were the Lakers lose one of the premier interior defenders in the league to technical fouls rather than pounding it inside which was working in the 3rd is beyond me.

If you can break those down for only second half 4th quarter minutes that would be great. All I have ever seen caseys small lineup do at the end of games is watch leads dwindle away and pray they hold on. Most of these lineups you provided clearly aren't lineups that see the floor late in the 4th unless it is garbage time and I know there are some combinations that aren't represented here such as the dreaded 2 point guard setup or the times when Dom Maquire was here. Unless I am being ignored.

Comment

• gotta love this

Comment

• Had the game on PVR, just watched it.

The Raptors best asset tonight? The Refs. Once again, they decided this game in my opinion. Raptors played great, don't get me wrong, but man... this was totally a make-up game handed down by the NBA. And I NEVER talk conspiracy.

But ya, Jose and Landry played great ball, and ED has proven himself our starting PF going forward. Been far more consistent that Barg ever was.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Had the game on PVR, just watched it.

The Raptors best asset tonight? The Refs. Once again, they decided this game in my opinion. Raptors played great, don't get me wrong, but man... this was totally a make-up game handed down by the NBA. And I NEVER talk conspiracy.

But ya, Jose and Landry played great ball, and ED has proven himself our starting PF going forward. Been far more consistent that Barg ever was.
                                Wow okay. This is very comparable to the 13 game sample. Bare in mind the teams he has played against on this 'consistency' that you speak of.
                                I also agree with you on the part where the NBA gave the game to Toronto. There is no way in hell that Lakers would lose to Toronto, not saying that Toronto can't beat Lakers....just saying that Kobe wouldn't allow it.

Comment

Working...
                                X