Pistons interested in Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBF wrote: View Post
    No, that's not what it says. It says "raptors happy to keep their best player"
    No it says offer a good package OTHERWISE happy to keep their best player, meaning he's available for the right price.

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
      No it says offer a good package OTHERWISE happy to keep their best player, meaning he's available for the right price.
      everyone is available for the right price
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
        Exactly.

Anyways, hearing the Rockets wants to add another great player on their team. I wonder if they'll be interested in Gay?

Parsons + Asik + Robinson for Gay + Acy?
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Exactly.

Anyways, hearing the Rockets wants to add another great player on their team. I wonder if they'll be interested in Gay?

Parsons + Asik + Robinson for Gay + Acy?
          Why though? How do we benefit from this?
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Why though? How do we benefit from this?
            You know how much i love Rudy Gay right? but with Parsons the Raptors are going to get one of the most underrated SF in the game. A guy that can shoot the ball, can handle the ball and he's a pretty good defender as well.

With Asik, they're going to get a quality backup big. Not sure if Asik wants to be a backup though. Because i think he's good enough to be a starting caliber C in this league.

Robinson on the other hand i think is still a project. I still think he's a player with a big upside.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              You know how much i love Rudy Gay right? but with Parsons the Raptors are going to get one of the most underrated SF in the game. A guy that can shoot the ball, can handle the ball and he's a pretty good defender as well.

With Asik, they're going to get a quality backup big. Not sure if Asik wants to be a backup though. Because i think he's good enough to be a starting caliber C in this league.

Robinson on the other hand i think is still a project. I still think he's a player with a big upside.
              Don't like it. You get C that doesn't want to back Howard but, you want him to back up an unproven 21 year old?

Parson is good but he can't even shine Rudy's shoes.

Robinson plays for Portland now. He was traded last week.

Even if you offered a pick I wouldn't like the deal.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Robinson is w/ Portland now? wow. 3 teams in 1 year. Crazy.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Yeah, that trade scenario doesn't make much sense TRex.

-Parsons would definitely have to be included in any deal (without knowing what a multi-team deal could present), but is not a centrepiece of any deal on his own.

-And yeah, it makes 0 sense to trade for Asik so he can back up JV.

I think, by default, Lin would be included in any deal instead of Asik. I also think the "centrepiece" angle is going to be young players/picks...which could include Parsons, but he's clearly not enough.

So.....if Parsons is included so he can basically replace Gay....the other pieces that will be the core of this deal will be from guys like Jones, Motiejunas, Beverley, and any picks or draft rights they throw our way as well. If Lin is going out, Beverley is clearly off the table. I also think given his potentially great fit with Howard, Motiejunas goes nowhere unless they're trading for a stretch big.

My preference would be for Jones-Parsons, and draft picks/draft rights
                  A couple of under-the-radar names Houston has the draft rights to...
                  -Kostas Papanikolaou: think the Greek Garbo, but young and with a better shot.d
                  -Marko Todovoric: Could be a solid rotation big, and a more fitting back up than Asik, albeit he's going to stay stashed in Spain.

Also any deal probably takes a 3rd team, because Lin/Asik, Jones and Parsons doesn't come close to Rudy's pay. So that makes things fuzzier.

Comment

• If the bigs on the pistons don't mesh. Could probably score one of them in a Gay deal. I could see maybe a three team trade with Smith going to the rockets, Asik going to the pistons, Gay going to the pistons and a pick and Munroe or Drummond coming to Toronto. That's the basic outline, there'd be some details and shit. Though, that's assuming a lot, obviously.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                      If the bigs on the pistons don't mesh. Could probably score one of them in a Gay deal. I could see maybe a three team trade with Smith going to the rockets, Asik going to the pistons, Gay going to the pistons and a pick and Munroe or Drummond coming to Toronto. That's the basic outline, there'd be some details and shit. Though, that's assuming a lot, obviously.
                      Detroit trading Drummond would be like us trading Val: it's not going to happen except in a scenario where the team gets superstar talent in return. Drummond and Val are both potential franchise centers. And they're not going to trade Smith either unless he gets pissy and demands a trade, which he won't do in his first year because that would be insane.

Monroe, Knight and KCP are their serious trade chips, and Detroit isn't going to give up any of them cheaply. I can certainly see them engineering a trade with Houston (Lin and Asik for Monroe and Knight) or even us (Rudy for Monroe and crap), but they're not going to give away the farm.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                        Detroit trading Drummond would be like us trading Val: it's not going to happen except in a scenario where the team gets superstar talent in return. Drummond and Val are both potential franchise centers. And they're not going to trade Smith either unless he gets pissy and demands a trade, which he won't do in his first year because that would be insane.

Monroe, Knight and KCP are their serious trade chips, and Detroit isn't going to give up any of them cheaply. I can certainly see them engineering a trade with Houston (Lin and Asik for Monroe and Knight) or even us (Rudy for Monroe and crap), but they're not going to give away the farm.
                        If we dealt Gay to Detroit I think it'd have to be a 3 team deal. They can't trade their pick next year and Monroe is a lot more of a C than a PF. With JV holding down the majority of the C minutes for the foreseeable future it doesn't make sense to trade for Monroe.

Comment

• Er..excuse me. I like Drummond too but when he can drop FTs like JV I shall take more notice. At this time he is pretty horrible at the line and most big Cs tend to be (Shaq, DH). They are pretty susceptible at being hacked if they get the ball in a end-of-game-make-yr-ft-strategy game. He has to be a complimentary player at the end of the game while JV is shaping up to be the prime option at that time. Drummond also has to improve his off. game beyond dunks from under the rim.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Er..excuse me. I like Drummond too but when he can drop FTs like JV I shall take more notice. At this time he is pretty horrible at the line and most big Cs tend to be (Shaq, DH). They are pretty susceptible at being hacked if they get the ball in a end-of-game-make-yr-ft-strategy game. He has to be a complimentary player at the end of the game while JV is shaping up to be the prime option at that time. Drummond also has to improve his off. game beyond dunks from under the rim.
                            I completely agree that Drummond has to improve his offensive game, but Jonas has to improve his defensive game. Jonas is the smarter player and the quicker learner, but Drummond is a far more ridiculously amazing athletic specimen.

Seriously, in five years the two of them are going to be the most dominant centres in the NBA. If Jonas is better than Drummond (and I think he is, but only very barely), it is splitting hairs.

Comment

I completely agree that Drummond has to improve his offensive game, but Jonas has to improve his defensive game. Jonas is the smarter player and the quicker learner, but Drummond is a far more ridiculously amazing athletic specimen.

Seriously, in five years the two of them are going to be the most dominant centres in the NBA. If Jonas is better than Drummond (and I think he is, but only very barely), it is splitting hairs.
                              I think it's a little early to be claiming they will be the most dominant centres in five years. Let's just see how they do this year.

Comment

Lets just say I wish we picked Drummond over Ross

Comment

Working...
                                X