Summer League 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xixak wrote: View Post
    i'd even argue that he's top 5. And the 2nd best under 25 after harden.
    o...m...g...

Comment

• I was out tonight and couldn't watch the game. Can someone please give me a short rundown of what happened? How the hell did we lose by 19?

Comment

• Some of you people sure do love to jump to conclusions and make quick judgements based on small sample sizes.

Pretty annoying actually.

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
          Some of you people sure do love to jump to conclusions and make quick judgements based on small sample sizes.

Did you see how many people were throwing Ross' career under the bus... before the end of the 2nd quarter...of a summer league game?
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
            Some of you people sure do love to jump to conclusions and make quick judgements based on small sample sizes.

Welcome to a RaptorsRepublic, where the majority of people are Skip Bayless' but they think they are Ahmed Rashad or something lol.
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• so what are the excuses people are giving ross this time? the scrubs he was playing against were of insane quality? not consistent minutes? hasn't had the time to develop in the offseason?

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                so what are the excuses people are giving ross this time? the scrubs he was playing against were of insane quality? not consistent minutes? hasn't had the time to develop in the offseason?
                Ross played well in Summer League last year and sucked in the NBA, therefore if he sucks in Summer League he'll have to be good in the NBA.

It's practically indisputable.

Comment

so what are the excuses people are giving ross this time? the scrubs he was playing against were of insane quality? not consistent minutes? hasn't had the time to develop in the offseason?

Leg cramps.

Comment

• Henson has been a beast for the Bucks in summer league. He's bulked up some now to go with those long arms and offensive skills. Maybe the Bucks will team him with Larry Sanders more next season. Henson's another pick taken after Ross that is farther along in his development at this point.

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
                      DeMar would be the best shooting guard on the following playoff teams:

New York (similar production to Smith, but DeMar is far more consistent and Smith was terrible in the playoffs because he wasn't on a hotstreak)

Indiana (you really think they wouldn't start him over Lance are you crazy?)

Nets (Joe Johnson is washed up at this point and DeMar is a far better player, also has more ability to play off ball and come off screens which is ideal next to Deron)

Bulls (I'm not even gonna waste my time explaining this, they were DYING for scoring)

Hawks (Basically the worst shooting guard rotation in the playoffs)

Celtics (he would most definitely start over Bradley and his PER of 9 (especially since Doc loves DD))

Bucks (this is one that's debatable, although I think the Bucks would use Ellis in a 6th man role if they had DeMar)

Spurs (yes he would start over Danny Green)

Thunder (another team that needed a secondary scorer badly, DeMar would start)

Nuggets (most definitely would start especially with Gallo out and little perimeter scoring)

Grizzlies (there is no way Tony Allen would start over him despite his defense)

Clippers (Willie Green or DeRozan?)

Warriors (Warriors might opt to have Klay for the 3 ball, but DeRozan is the better player)

Lakers (with Kobe out of course he would start).

The only playoff teams he wouldn't have started for are the Heat and Rockets. Now please stop being foolish.

Dude, we get it. You have guy love for DeMar. You've made your point. Most of us appreciate DeMar's talents, but we also see good things in Ross. Thanks for opinion, I'm sick of reading it over and over and over again. Point made

Comment

• I blame Casey for Ross's lack of development...

There was blame in the 2012-13 season for JV being really raw. If we wanted to do player development, Y did Casey throw in AA rather than Ross?

If the first 23 games of the season was JV & Ross development, no body would blame this team...
                        And you would see much better progress w/ Ross.

That's my 2cents.

Comment

• Alan Anderson played wayyyyy too much last year. That should not have been the case. DeMar started his rookie year, mind you he had limited minutes, but he had consistent minutes playing with the starters every game. Obviously they couldn't do that with Ross, but he could've been first off the bench behind DeMar. He should have been allowed to play through mistakes.

But I think making conclusions regarding his career is ridiculous. I think he will become a valuable player on this team.
                          Last edited by saints91; Sun Jul 14, 2013, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                            Henson has been a beast for the Bucks in summer league. He's bulked up some now to go with those long arms and offensive skills. Maybe the Bucks will team him with Larry Sanders more next season. Henson's another pick taken after Ross that is farther along in his development at this point.
                            Henson was really impressive based on highlights and box score.

My understanding is their front court moving forward is Henson and Sanders. That is going to be crazy length and athleticism.

For all the hype JV has gotten over 1 game, Henson deserves a lot of credit as well. Granted Henson is 2 years older but he is going to be very good as well.

Comment

For a million time. Raps are misusing him. Ross is not a 1 on 1 player. Needs to watch old Mo Pete highlights.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I just don't get the need to bash a player on our team that is still developing. Some of the "fans" on this site are pretty wishy washy. It's one thing to bash Bargs after 7 years of mediocre, frustrating performances, but to bash a guy coming off his rookie season, that's just miserable. People are way to negative on this site!
                                Last edited by saints91; Sun Jul 14, 2013, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X