No announcement yet.

Game #57: Toronto Raptors 99 - Cleveland Cavaliers 93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Amico: #Cavs start 2H on 7-0 run. Close 1H on 7-0 run. You do the math. And #Raptors C Jonas Valanciunas sure loafs a lot.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      This is what i've been saying about DeRozan. There were a lot of DeRozan "is not clutch" talk after the Bulls game. And yes DeRozan is 0/2 this year on potential game winners. But he's hit so many big time shots in the 4th this year and people are just ignoring it. Tonight was a great example. 16 points in the 4th for DeMar. He was big time tonight.
      The issue after the Bulls game was not about "clutchness", it was about the situation. DeMar is not a great iso player. This is not a big problem. In the Bulls game, if they had run nearly the same play, just sent Amir to give him a screen, it would've been a phenomenally better option.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Also, is it me or does anyone else notice the Raps are SO MUCH better offensively AND defensively with JV on the bench.
        its not just you DC tried to play him and he was terrible when he came back in. DC is right to bench him and relax JV praisers I like the kid and he rightfully starts every game, but hes gotta get it in gear and play with more energy gets out hustled for boards now. JV as he is is just a tall guy that alters shots he has Chuck Hayes offense and 0 defense its quite disturbing to watch but I know its a hard position to excel just wish he'd at least play at a high pumping motor every game at least.

No beef with JV being bench in the crunch he'd have gave the Cavs some trips for sure to put the game out of reach.

Comment

• Wizards riding a four game winning streak. Their going to be up for us. Seeing that they haven't been able to beat us all year. Statement game for both teams. Raptors need to game the statement that their alpha team. Crush any hopes for Wiz to think that they can even win one game in the playoffs against us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• NeNe is out so its good news for us, wrap it up Raps!

Comment

• Were playing the Wiz on Thursday and that means the TNT crew will see our highlights vs Wiz! Time to show Charles we are the 3rd best team in the EAST!
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                Were playing the Wiz on Thursday and that means the TNT crew will see our highlights vs Wiz! Time to show Charles we are the 3rd best team in the EAST!

This guy?

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                  I may be way off here, but does any one else think that Ross could develop into a closer? He always seems to be hitting key shots at various points through the game. I know he needs to improve his handles and what not, but that cold bloodedness required to be a closer is something u cant teach. I think Ross might have it.

Game was up and down, plus or minus, take the win.
                  Why not? But as of right now I'm just happy to see him developing his game and hopefully continue to get more opportunities to make plays. He's proven lately he's more than capable of scoring off the dribble with pullups and floaters in the lane with very soft touch, with the occasional explosion to the rim. His handles are ok IMO. and it takes him like 3 steps to get all the way to the bucket anyway :P

Any away win is good. Amir and Patterson did well on the interior tonight.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                    NeNe is out so its good news for us, wrap it up Raps!
                    3-0 mawfucka! Don't doubt me

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• That was a great game last night. The Raps responded well after the Cavs decided to play some D in the second half. Lowry struggled offensively and luckily both Vasquez and Ross did well. Ross is looking like he can be a very good all around player. I love it when he draws in his man, puts it on the floor and takes that FT line jumper in the paint, he can get that shot all day long, and if and when the defence collapses, he'll get his chance to gather up some assists. Love what I'm seeing there. Demar's passing was really good last night. He made a lot of smart plays, dishing the ball out of the dribble penetration to get his teammates some open looks. He continues to improve in that regard, and it's nice to see that he is more than willing to give the ball up rather than take a tough shot. He could have easily had 10 assists last night if not for some missed jumpers by his teammates. Tyler was awesome again as well last night. We needed him to play like his usual self, as JV struggled mightily, and he performed so well in limited minutes. Amir looked good as well.

Although some may think that game shouldn't have been as close, I thought it was a great win. The Cavs played well and made a game of it, but the Raps held them off and pulled it off down the stretch. And we finally got the benefit of the doubt on some whistles...about time!!

Comment

• Even though he isn't on the Raps, I really like Dellavedova. Great energy both on and off the court (was up cheering his teammates long before he entered the game). He definitely annoyed Vasquez with his D. Well worth his min contract.

As Koreen tweeted last night, would love to see Dellavedova and Hansbrough play together. Would annoy the hell out of the other team.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• All of Cleveland's writeups talk about the terrible officiating, lol.

For once, it's nice to be the beneficiaries.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                            This is very true. He's only bad in like the last minute or last few seconds. When you need that final shot you don't want to go to Demar. But he hits a lot of big shots early and mid 4th quarter which is great.
                            DD has a 47% TS% in 4th quarters this year. He has a 40% TS% in clutch situations. Those clutch situations account for 64 FGA out of his 247 4th Q FGA, giving an estimated non-clutch TS% in the 4th Q of .495. Still terrible.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              DD has a 47% TS% in 4th quarters this year. He has a 40% TS% in clutch situations. Those clutch situations account for 64 FGA out of his 247 4th Q FGA, giving an estimated non-clutch TS% in the 4th Q of .495. Still terrible.
                              Well when you run a ton of isos for someone who doesn't excel in that area that's what you get.

That's why this team still needs a true superstar. Casey also needs to remember that passing and ball movement is how we are successful in quarters 1-3, there's no reason to go away from that in the 4th.

Comment

• Ugly win last night but it was a W. In recent years that game we would have lost.

Comment

Working...
                                X