Raptors Re-Brand Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I agree, unless new uniforms are going to get us more wins, I'm not really that concerned. Re-branding is a marketing tool, and I am already a part of the market, so whatever.
    Agree...they could wear pink knickers for all I care...as long as they are a tight group and play winning basketball.

Sorry, re-branding is essentially a vanity exercise.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
      Agree...they could wear pink knickers for all I care...as long as they are a tight group and play winning basketball.

Sorry, re-branding is essentially a vanity exercise.
      I saw "they could wear pink knickers for all I care...as long as they are tight" and then you lost me as I started to wonder what exactly we were talking about now.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

They just better not fuck up the Home jersey. The away jersey is easy, gold on a field of black looks awesome......it's the opposite that's going to take some work.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
          They just better not fuck up the Home jersey. The away jersey is easy, gold on a field of black looks awesome......it's the opposite that's going to take some work.
          White home jerseys. I don't think anyone would seriously consider gold jerseys after those hideous wizards jerseys.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
            White home jerseys. I don't think anyone would seriously consider gold jerseys after those hideous wizards jerseys.
            Yeah, white with black/gold trim. Can look very clean if done right.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

personally, im not a fan of the gold and black

in a few years i think we're gonna look back and wonder why
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                personally, im not a fan of the gold and black

in a few years i think we're gonna look back and wonder why
                Personally, I find gold incredibly tacky. There's a reason why very few cars are available in gold (they butt fugly!)

Comment

Sid Lee are a little pretentious and smug... hopefully they don't fuck this up.... you'd be surprised (or maybe not) how far some Agency peeps have their head stuck up their own arses....

BUT

They might also knock it outta the park.

Comment

In Sid Lee we trust ahah if they fuck it up we shall riot!
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                      In Sid Lee we trust ahah if they fuck it up we shall riot!
                      Given how subjective a rebranding is, how opinionated we all are, and how our shared passion tends to make everything Raptors-related a little more emotional than it probably should be, I'd be willing to bet there'll be a highly vocal portion of RR ready to riot regardless of what Sid Lee comes up with! lol

I personally worry that following the current minimalist trend using trendy colors (ie: gold & black), could wind up dating the Raptors as much as the linkage with Jurassic Park does. I also know there'll be many fans supporting such a transition, but I think a move to gold could easily go horribly wrong - like Donald Trump or Liberace wrong!
                      Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jan 15, 2014, 05:10 PM.

Comment

New ideas in uniform design scare me:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

^^ I actually don't mind the GS pin striped shorts.

The NCAA camos are hideous.

I just want the jerseys to be classy. Minimalist design with smart lines.

Ideally I'd like a blue and white color scheme, but that isn't critical for me.
                          "Bruno?
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Over at Sid Lee right now
                            \

Comment

If we go gold/black, I hope gold is a third color, for highlights.

I think Black/Red with gold highlights would look nice.

"Bruno?
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Sid Lee, Yeeeeeah baby. For a graphics guy that's better news than getting into 2nd round, haha.
                                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X