Casey is getting on my last nerve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    All you points are legit. I'm not doubting Casey knows more than me - or anyone else here. But I think the issue is, in relation to other NBA quality coaches, he is not a good choice to move on with this team. The Raps have lost 13 games (?) where they had a lead in the 4th quarter. That is huge. To me it speaks to an inability to adapt or match the opposition. I don't know... I am really frustrated and disappointed with the last 2 games. Like many others have said, it is definitely my own fault for having faith in them.... how sad to be a Raptor fan.

It should be noted the core players aren't all <25 and working on rookie contracts - actually Lowry and Gay. Results are needed - and quick - or all this 'building' is for not and the Raps end up right back where they were less than 2 seasons ago with a young, inexperienced roster seeking more talent via the draft.
    I agree that Casey isn't the coach you want once you become a legit playoff threat. We will probably need to get another coach to take us to that next level, but for now with a team trying to integrate two rookies into cruicial parts of the rotation, and trying to instill the basic building blocks of a winning program I think Casey is just fine.

I reserve my grudge for Colangelo. He's consistently managed to do just enough to get my hyped up for each new season, but never enough to make it a reality. Just like trading for Rudy Gay...I'm excited for what we can be next season though I fully realize that to truly take advantage of the Rudy Gay acquisition, one more big trade is cruicial. We need a starting calibre PF that can score in the low post, play some tough D and rebound. I'll keep hoping and hoping that it will happen, but to date, BC has not been able to get the job done.

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
      I'm inclined to give DC benefit of the doubt. I'm sure there's a lot more going behind the scenes than we know it. I mean, NBA coaches are not stupid, and they no doubt have access to the +/- stats. If it's as easy as 'play Ross more minutes' and 'play JV in the 4th', than anyone could coach. He knows each player's deficiencies, strengths and psyche better than us spectators, and for him to not play JV or Ross, he has reasons.
      Can you think of a plausible reason that explains why Bargnani was playing in the 4th instead of Jonas?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Can you think of a plausible reason that explains why Bargnani was playing in the 4th instead of Jonas?
        Apparently spreading the floor is the most valuable commodity in the NBA. Like seriously, Doc Rivers gave Sullinger minutes when he deserved it, Casey should do the same with Jonas

Comment

Yes its been mentioned.

Many of the people around the club felt that Andrea needs to be gift wrapped a situation to get him out of the funk. Bryan feels this way, Jack feels this way. He has been on Casey's balls every telecast to get Andrea started.

The "leave Bargnani alone crowd" fucked us out of the PO run as far as I am concerned, it became lets feel sorry for Andrea time, lets spoon feed him precious moments.

That is what we did last game, hope that Andrea would become motivated if he was given time that mattered. He did not give a single shit.
          Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Feb 28, 2013, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            I agree that Casey isn't the coach you want once you become a legit playoff threat. We will probably need to get another coach to take us to that next level, but for now with a team trying to integrate two rookies into cruicial parts of the rotation, and trying to instill the basic building blocks of a winning program I think Casey is just fine.

I reserve my grudge for Colangelo. He's consistently managed to do just enough to get my hyped up for each new season, but never enough to make it a reality. Just like trading for Rudy Gay...I'm excited for what we can be next season though I fully realize that to truly take advantage of the Rudy Gay acquisition, one more big trade is cruicial. We need a starting calibre PF that can score in the low post, play some tough D and rebound. I'll keep hoping and hoping that it will happen, but to date, BC has not been able to get the job done.
            We still have the offseason. I think as a Raptor fan, you should be used to looking forward by now, hehehe.

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
              Apparently spreading the floor is the most valuable commodity in the NBA. Like seriously, Doc Rivers gave Sullinger minutes when he deserved it, Casey should do the same with Jonas
              Ugh...it irks me to no end to keep hearing this "spreading the floor" reasoning, even if it was written in jest

Comment

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                Yes its been mentioned.

Many of the people around the club felt that Andrea needs to be gift wrapped a situation to get him out of the funk. Bryan feels this way, Jack feels this way. He has been on Casey's balls every telecast to get Andrea started.

The "leave Bargnani alone crowd" fucked us out of the PO run as far as I am concerned, it became lets feel sorry for Andrea time, lets spoon feed him precious moments.

That is what we did last game, hope that Andrea would become motivated if he was given time that mattered. He did not give a single shit.
                Haven't you learned? It's always someone else's fault when it comes to Bargnani's multitude of problems.

Comment

I would love to see how DC coaches with a different GM.

There is still a part of me that feels, there is an old school guard that pushes Andrea on him, and many of the old unsuccessful ideologies. I think a GM more in tune with Casey could benefit his coaching style.

I never saw Andrea as being a Casey type of player, its a mismatch. Casey has been here a while at this point, you need to point at management for overvaluing a player instead of focusing on what this team needs.

Comment

Hell if i know, I'm not the coach lol. Could be anything:

- JV has less exp. and could make dumb mistakes during crunch time (on d or on the o)
                    - Bargs can get his own shot (whether he can make it is another story) while JV would require lowry to make the right pass in the pick and roll (if calderon was still around, perhaps JV could get more burn)
                    - Bargs stretches the D
                    - JV gets butterflies in his stomach in 4th quarters
                    - The team doesn't understand what JV says during the 4th when crowds are much louder

The bottom line is we were trying to get into the playoffs and it's technically more sound to go with a guy who's been a decent offensive threat 5+ years than a rookie who's only shown flashes of his potential. I like JV over bargs as much as you guys since he's on my fantasy team, but if it's as simple as we think it is, than DC should have never been an NBA coach. But i could be wrong lol. I'm sure now that we're out of the playoffs, our rooks will get more burn.
                    Last edited by Pong; Thu Feb 28, 2013, 04:56 PM.

Comment

lol, I would of played JV, Gray, Acy even.... we need players that give a damn. (I wasn't happy with Casey giving that time to Andrea, but I understood that Andrea sympathizers everywhere were hoping that he would make the game winning shot, problem was everyone was thinking that except Andrea)

Comment

Remember the game before the Washington game? that was the game where AB got booed pretty loudly and after the game Lowry tweeted booing one of our players isn't cool and it should not be done.

Since that game I feel like the Raps made too much of a conscious effort to get AB going. Results? 2 straight losses to Washington and Cleveland.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                          Remember the game before the Washington game? that was the game where AB got booed pretty loudly and after the game Lowry tweeted booing one of our players isn't cool and it should not be done.

Since that game I feel like the Raps made too much of a conscious effort to get AB going. Results? 2 straight losses to Washington and Cleveland.
                          That is exactly what I am talking about. (those that felt sorry for the loser, became losers)

Comment

That is exactly what I am talking about. (those that felt sorry for the loser, became losers)
                            It's not on AB though. It's on the coach. I mean, AB has struggled MIGHTILY this season specially since his return from his injury. I think the guy completely forgot how to shoot a basketball. Defensively he's still the same old AB. So my question for the coach, why continously give him 20mins a game? why continously put him in crunch time??

Like i said, Dwane Casey i think is too nice of a guy. And i think that's going to be his downfall.

BRING IN STAN VAN GUNDY OR JEFF VAN GUNDY!!
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

I literally laughed out loud when I read this.

Comment

Would love the raps to make a run at Nate Mcmillan
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X