Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    damn that's a big jump from Horford to Griffin man hahaha
    seriously wtf??? bruno for horford and if not him, then griffin or aldridge???? why would any other team do this??

Comment

• hey guys would you trade bruno for lebron?

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
        hey guys would you trade bruno for lebron?
        Cavs gotta throw in Irving and we can talk
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Looks like caboclos locker is going to be between DeRozan's & Valanciunas'.

Comment

• Look, if the right trade comes along for either Aldridge or Horford, Masai needs to pull the trigger quickly. Look, our team is Derozan and Lowry surrounded by lots of really good role players. I am convinced that unless it's a really weak Eastern Conference for bigs he will never make an All-star team. Val's ceiling might be a taller, Amir, but he might also not even reach that. Since, he will never have Amir's mobility and I am not convinced yet, that his b-ball IQ will ever be great either. In other words this team is still an All-star big short from being a serious threat.

Horford's injury history doesn't worry me at all, as long as he can get enough rest during the season and can be ready for the post-season. Nene and West made big impacts for their team, and they weren't young or healthy when they switched teams. Horford would do the same for us. We need an All-star talent at the 4 or 5 if we are to take the next step and I don't see one on this team.
            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
              I am convinced that unless it's a really weak Eastern Conference for bigs he will never make an All-star team.
              Roy Hibbert made All-star in the East. Val's potential eclipses Hibbert by a few fold.
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                Look, if the right trade comes along for either Aldridge or Horford, Masai needs to pull the trigger quickly. Look, our team is Derozan and Lowry surrounded by lots of really good role players. I am convinced that unless it's a really weak Eastern Conference for bigs he will never make an All-star team. Val's ceiling might be a taller, Amir, but he might also not even reach that. Since, he will never have Amir's mobility and I am not convinced yet, that his b-ball IQ will ever be great either. In other words this team is still an All-star big short from being a serious threat.

Horford's injury history doesn't worry me at all, as long as he can get enough rest during the season and can be ready for the post-season. Nene and West made big impacts for their team, and they weren't young or healthy when they switched teams. Horford would do the same for us. We need an All-star talent at the 4 or 5 if we are to take the next step and I don't see one on this team.
                Why would you give up assets to trade for two guys you could sign outright in 9 or 21 months who, at that time, will still be younger than West or Nene when they joined their respective teams.

JV's ceiling might be what you say it is but one thing he has proven is he is a legit NBA C. You go trade for Aldridge or Horford and you're back to the CB4 years of always looking for a legit big to pair.

For the record, I'm big on signing horford in 2016 to pair in the front court with JV. Horford has always wanted to play PF. I think having JV will be a very large drawing card for him.

Comment

• Hey! It's Bruno's birthday today!
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                    Hey! It's Bruno's birthday today!
                    Dude is 3 years younger than me and he's about to have seven figures in his bank account.

HB

Comment

• Man only 19 years old, so young.

Random side note, it weirds me out how Amir Johnson is 2 years younger than Taj Gibson but has played 4 more seasons in the NBA.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                        Man only 19 years old, so young.

Random side note, it weirds me out how Amir Johnson is 2 years younger than Taj Gibson but has played 4 more seasons in the NBA.
                        Amir was drafted straight outta high school

Taj Gibson was a 21 year old freshmen at USC and got drafted at 23
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          Amir was drafted straight outta high school

Taj Gibson was a 21 year old freshmen at USC and got drafted at 23
                          i think I read that Amir was the last player drafted out of High School.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                            i think I read that Amir was the last player drafted out of High School.
                            Yep. 56th pick in 2005, last draft to allow high school draftees (the change to college only resulted in the Andrea Bargnani draft the next year).
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Yep. 56th pick in 2005, last draft to allow high school draftees (the change to college only resulted in the Andrea Bargnani draft the next year).
                              Which potentially really screwed us. Who would we have drafted out of high school?

Durant? Oden?
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                                Which potentially really screwed us. Who would we have drafted out of high school?

Durant? Oden?
                                Almost definitely Oden.

Comment

Working...
                                X