From CNNSI - Raptors stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From CNNSI - Raptors stats

This week, we’re ignoring 29 teams in this space to focus on a particularly unexpected excellence. The Raptors have been on an incredible tear since mid-December, putting up some statistical marks well worth mentioning.

• Over the last 20 games, no offense in the league has been more efficient than that of the Raptors, who have scored at an absurd rate of 109.4 points per 100 possessions. Of course, it makes complete sense that Toronto has been able to produce that onslaught with a roster only marginally upgraded from the one that ranked 29th in offensive efficiency a season ago.

• Also worth noting: Toronto has posted the seventh best net rating (pace-adjusted point differential) over that same span, smack dab between the beloved Warriors and the resurgent Pacers. That’s almost solely because of their offense, but that the Raptors had been prolific enough on either side of the floor to rank as one of the best teams in the league for so lengthy a stretch is in itself incredible.

• For those keeping track at home, the Raptors’ recent play makes them a solid 4.3 points better on offense per 100 possessions when Andrea Bargnani is off the court. Bargnani’s absence has played a big role in Toronto’s surge, though not entirely due to his ball-stopping style; it’s only because of injuries to Bargnani and rookie big man Jonas Valanciunas that Ed Davis was able to become a relevant part of the Raptors’ rotation, and he’s had a terrific run of 14.7 points and 8.5 rebounds per 36 minutes over Toronto’s last 20 games.

• Part of the reason why Raptors fans have rekindled their love for Jose Calderon: Toronto has managed this deluge of scoring without sacrificing their ball control. The Raps rank third in the entire league in turnover percentage over the last 20 games, and regardless of how you view Calderon’s game in relation to that of starter-turned-sub Kyle Lowry, the Spaniard’s heady playmaking style centers a team without top-tier shot creators from devolving into chaos

Found after a piece about the Celtics
    http://nba.si.com/2013/01/28/rajon-r...?sct=uk_t11_a4
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Axel wrote: View Post
    This week, we’re ignoring 29 teams in this space to focus on a particularly unexpected excellence. The Raptors have been on an incredible tear since mid-December, putting up some statistical marks well worth mentioning.

Over the last 20 games, no offense in the league has been more efficient than that of the Raptors, who have scored at an absurd rate of 109.4 points per 100 possessions. Of course, it makes complete sense that Toronto has been able to produce that onslaught with a roster only marginally upgraded from the one that ranked 29th in offensive efficiency a season ago.
    • Also worth noting: Toronto has posted the seventh best net rating (pace-adjusted point differential) over that same span, smack dab between the beloved Warriors and the resurgent Pacers. That’s almost solely because of their offense, but that the Raptors had been prolific enough on either side of the floor to rank as one of the best teams in the league for so lengthy a stretch is in itself incredible.

• For those keeping track at home, the Raptors’ recent play makes them a solid 4.3 points better on offense per 100 possessions when Andrea Bargnani is off the court. Bargnani’s absence has played a big role in Toronto’s surge, though not entirely due to his ball-stopping style; it’s only because of injuries to Bargnani and rookie big man Jonas Valanciunas that Ed Davis was able to become a relevant part of the Raptors’ rotation, and he’s had a terrific run of 14.7 points and 8.5 rebounds per 36 minutes over Toronto’s last 20 games.

• Part of the reason why Raptors fans have rekindled their love for Jose Calderon: Toronto has managed this deluge of scoring without sacrificing their ball control. The Raps rank third in the entire league in turnover percentage over the last 20 games, and regardless of how you view Calderon’s game in relation to that of starter-turned-sub Kyle Lowry, the Spaniard’s heady playmaking style centers a team without top-tier shot creators from devolving into chaos

Found after a piece about the Celtics
    http://nba.si.com/2013/01/28/rajon-r...?sct=uk_t11_a4
    Those are two of the most rediculous stats I've ever seen. If this team starts closing games, they have some really high potential.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

What about the defense?

I'm only going on my eyes but it has been slipping steadily of late.

Comment

We're en route to becoming the Denver nuggets of the East. I like the sound of that :P

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          We're en route to becoming the Denver nuggets of the East. I like the sound of that :P
          **FLASHBACK**

Me: "Ah man! We hired Colangelo! Awesome! We're going the be the Suns of the West!"

**PRESENT DAY**

Me: "I was (and am still - that is for you Craiger) an idiot."

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            **FLASHBACK**

Me: "Ah man! We hired Colangelo! Awesome! We're going the be the Suns of the West!"

**PRESENT DAY**

Me: "I was (and am still - that is for you Craiger) an idiot."
            Hey we've had our heated debates in the past, but I don't think I've called you an idiot...... yet anyways

Comment

Keep in mind that Bryan came in after we all got a heavy dose of Babcock, it was very easy to roll out the red carpet. I wanted Gay in that draft, we got Andrea. When Bryan said we are evolving the game based on how the international community plays the game, I realized this guy was out to lunch.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                Hey we've had our heated debates in the past, but I don't think I've called you an idiot...... yet anyways
                Yet indeed. haha

Comment

What about the defense?

They seems to go through lulls. It may be exhaustion and guys playing too many minutes. Hopefully they'll pick it up a bit, particularily in the fourth.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

What about the defense?

Your eyes aren't lying, Matt.

Comment

Working...
                    X