2013/2014 bold predictions thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buyckshot wrote: View Post
    Casey likes Ross I think, he just liked Alan Anderson more. If Terrence can get it going I think the minutes are there
    Casey does not trust Ross...yes he likes him but....

Comment

GoldenBaller wrote: View Post
      I got 10 for ya!

1. Rudy Gay makes all-star team.
      2. Jonas becomes a beast.
      3. DeMar is the same as last year, except shoots a little better at 3's.
      4. Kyle Lowry gets hurt in the first week.
      5. Raptors take the 8th spot with a .500 record but loses in the first round 4-1.
      6. Dwane Casey becomes either very liked or very hated by the fans. No neutrals.
      7. Masai is our saviour.
      8. Ross grows up and shows improvement, but not to the extent we all wish.
      9. Raptors become one of the most entertaining teams in the league.

LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST!

10. Bargnani scores 44 points in his debut @ Toronto.
      If AB scores 44 but Raptors win that would work for me.
      Last edited by psrs1; Sun Aug 25, 2013, 07:39 PM.

Comment

1) Amir shows why he deserves the starting spot and people start to realize how good he is.
        2) Lowry is gone before this year is out.
        3) Rudy Gay silences his critics and becomes the most important reason for a turn around season.
        4) DeRozan learns to hit 3's consistently.
        5) Hansbrough is a big softy at heart.
        6) Casey shows his quality as a coach, Raptors fans happy.
        7) JV approaches a complete player by season end.
        8) Raps go 44-40 and grab the 7th seed. T.O. shits itself in disbelief.
        9) Masai earns "Greatest Deal Ever In The History Of Sports" Award for the Bargnani Deal.
        10) Primo pasta and sauce goes bankrupt.
        11) Fields and Novak prove to be outstanding contributors off the bench.
        12) Masai hits another home run in a deal, maybe 2.
        13) Someone takes the stick out of Leo Rautins' ass and he turns into a quality broadcaster.

I may be getting carried away at this point...

Comment

1. Rudy Gay makes all-star team
          2. Raptors makes the playoffs as a 6th seed
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
            If AB scores 44 but Raptors win that would work for me.
            If he drops 44 on us there's no way we're winning the game. Forfeit is likely, in order to save some of the embarrassment.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I don't think andrea bargnani will break the 25 point barrier even once this coming season. Missing eurobasket and being sidelined with pneumonia I suspect he will come to training camp fat and out of shape, he also has shown no indication he can be effective as a 3rd or 4th option on the team, although the sample size where this was the case is small.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                If he drops 44 on us there's no way we're winning the game. Forfeit is likely, in order to save some of the embarrassment.
                I disagree. AB had a huge game in MSG 3 years ago yet Raptors lost....often the games when one guy puts up huge numbers their team loses.

Comment

Sprechen wrote: View Post
                  1) Amir shows why he deserves the starting spot and people start to realize how good he is.
                  2) Lowry is gone before this year is out.
                  3) Rudy Gay silences his critics and becomes the most important reason for a turn around season.
                  4) DeRozan learns to hit 3's consistently.
                  5) Hansbrough is a big softy at heart.
                  6) Casey shows his quality as a coach, Raptors fans happy.
                  7) JV approaches a complete player by season end.
                  8) Raps go 44-40 and grab the 7th seed. T.O. shits itself in disbelief.
                  9) Masai earns "Greatest Deal Ever In The History Of Sports" Award for the Bargnani Deal.
                  10) Primo pasta and sauce goes bankrupt.
                  11) Fields and Novak prove to be outstanding contributors off the bench.
                  12) Masai hits another home run in a deal, maybe 2.
                  13) Someone takes the stick out of Leo Rautins' ass and he turns into a quality broadcaster.

I may be getting carried away at this point...
                  Re Leo he is the biggest ass kisser around...he will never be a quality broadcaster.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                    ... Huh? do what? What doe BC have to do with anything? lol I'm just wondering, for what reasons do you think we will find Masai to be the saviour? I'm not saying he won't, I just want to know why you make that prediction...
                    Does he pull off an amazing mid season trade or something?
                    If the Raptors make the playoffs, even 8th spot. Everyone will love Masai more. He will have saved us from another season of no playoffs. I'm not sayin' he will make us #1 right off or anything. Remember we're Toronto fans, we settle for much less than any other organization :P
                    A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                      Something you think is plausible, but is not an opinion shared by the majority of the basketball community.

I'll start with

1.After regaining the ability to shoot Landry Fields becomes worth the 6 million he's making a year.

2. Terrence Ross becomes a better starting option than derozan, but casey doesn't get the memo.

looking forward to hearing everyone else's ideas and/or comments on predictions put forward.
                      1) Id say about a one in a million chance .. so I agree, that is BOLD
                      2) the first part is reasonably possible (ie Ross becoming a good starting option), but with Casey's bias towards young players .. it just wont happen that Ross gets the nod. As others have said, its not that Casey doesnt like Ross .. its that he doesnt like Rooks (or young guys) period (see: JVs mins last year).

As for me, my bold prediction would be similar the the Ross one .. I think he will totally outperform and become a top 2-3 player on the team (with one of RG/DD and JV).
                      On a similar note, i think one of DD or RG is gone before Christmas (arguably this isnt that bold as many have speculated it .. but none the less)

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                        1) Id say about a one in a million chance .. so I agree, that is BOLD
                        2) the first part is reasonably possible (ie Ross becoming a good starting option), but with Casey's bias towards young players .. it just wont happen that Ross gets the nod. As others have said, its not that Casey doesnt like Ross .. its that he doesnt like Rooks (or young guys) period (see: JVs mins last year).

As for me, my bold prediction would be similar the the Ross one .. I think he will totally outperform and become a top 2-3 player on the team (with one of RG/DD and JV).
                        On a similar note, i think one of DD or RG is gone before Christmas (arguably this isnt that bold as many have speculated it .. but none the less)
                        How's this for bold. Terrence Ross shines off the bench, many are left wondering why he isn't getting more minutes, similar to ed davis last season. Then at the trade deadline a disheartened josh smith demands a trade from the pistons who end up being a train wreck and lose a ton of games. Masai ujiri offers derozan and they bite. Meanwhile quincy acy is coming along nicely in the role of backup big. Ujiri decides to get rid of amir johnson, because it is the only way he can get rid of landry fields as he continues to struggle mightily this season. Leaving room for us to extend lowry and gay....

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                          How's this for bold. Terrence Ross shines off the bench, many are left wondering why he isn't getting more minutes, similar to ed davis last season. Then at the trade deadline a disheartened josh smith demands a trade from the pistons who end up being a train wreck and lose a ton of games. Masai ujiri offers derozan and they bite. Meanwhile quincy acy is coming along nicely in the role of backup big. Ujiri decides to get rid of amir johnson, because it is the only way he can get rid of landry fields as he continues to struggle mightily this season. Leaving room for us to extend lowry and gay....
                          I could think of worse outcomes than that to be honest ..

I also love the detriot call .. team looks good on paper, but I see Jennings and Smith chucking like crazy and the two big men getting frustrated leading to a total disaster ..

Comment

1. Rudy, Kyle, TRoss, and Amir are all traded before January 1. The Rudy trade is a complicated three-team trade. Masai's return on those three is as follows: six first-round draft picks (two in 2014, one in 2015, three in 2016), 2-3 young players who haven't yet panned out for other teams but still have upside, and a heap of garbage contracts - but nothing lasting past 2015.
                            2. Following the trades, Jonas becomes the offensive focal point of the team and goes from being the 17-and-8 player he was to a 20-10 player. His defense improves dramatically over the season and he dominates at the rising stars game at the All-Star Break. (Also showing improvement: Dwight Buycks, Austin Daye, Landry Fields.)
                            3. Jonas suffers a minor hand injury close to the trade deadline and the Raptors announce that team doctors have diagnosed it as being very very very serious and he sits out most of the rest of the year.
                            4. At the trade deadline Masai moves Steve Novak, Austin Daye and DJ Augustin for second-round picks for playoff-bound teams desperate for more three-point shooting from the bench. He also moves Aaron Gray to a team that needs a solid backup centre, also for a second-rounder.
                            5. The Raptors close out the season at 24-58, good for fourth-worst overall in the draft, and end up getting the second pick overall.

Comment

GoldenBaller wrote: View Post
                              If the Raptors make the playoffs, even 8th spot. Everyone will love Masai more. He will have saved us from another season of no playoffs. I'm not sayin' he will make us #1 right off or anything. Remember we're Toronto fans, we settle for much less than any other organization :P
                              Ahaha... yeah. You're right.
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                                1. Rudy, Kyle, TRoss, and Amir are all traded before January 1. The Rudy trade is a complicated three-team trade. Masai's return on those three is as follows: six first-round draft picks (two in 2014, one in 2015, three in 2016), 2-3 young players who haven't yet panned out for other teams but still have upside, and a heap of garbage contracts - but nothing lasting past 2015.
                                2. Following the trades, Jonas becomes the offensive focal point of the team and goes from being the 17-and-8 player he was to a 20-10 player. His defense improves dramatically over the season and he dominates at the rising stars game at the All-Star Break. (Also showing improvement: Dwight Buycks, Austin Daye, Landry Fields.)
                                3. Jonas suffers a minor hand injury close to the trade deadline and the Raptors announce that team doctors have diagnosed it as being very very very serious and he sits out most of the rest of the year.
                                4. At the trade deadline Masai moves Steve Novak, Austin Daye and DJ Augustin for second-round picks for playoff-bound teams desperate for more three-point shooting from the bench. He also moves Aaron Gray to a team that needs a solid backup centre, also for a second-rounder.
                                5. The Raptors close out the season at 24-58, good for fourth-worst overall in the draft, and end up getting the second pick overall.
                                I like this.

The only problem is the Raptors are left with 10 guys on the roster!

Comment

Working...
                                X