No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T Ross getting in there as the second highlighted player is cool, but then Blake Griffin dunks over JV

Anyone gonna be grabbing the xbox one or ps4 when they come out? I'll likely wait til next summer depending on the reviews.

Comment

• looking like its ps4 for me. looking forward to seeing how diablo plays on a console.

they don't pre-order things here in china. they wait until the hackers make it so everything can be stolen. so there won't be any wait for me on day one

Comment

• hey guys... can you help me out?

I am looking for Xbox games that I can play with my wife. So I'm looking for some good co-op style games. I do not have Xbox Live so need to only be able to do co-op locally.

She's not really into sports but depending on the game she may give it a shot. She wants to have a fun time so an arcade-style game would be preferred.

The game can be old or new doesn't really matter.

Got any good ideas for me?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          hey guys... can you help me out?

I am looking for Xbox games that I can play with my wife. So I'm looking for some good co-op style games. I do not have Xbox Live so need to only be able to do co-op locally.

She's not really into sports but depending on the game she may give it a shot. She wants to have a fun time so an arcade-style game would be preferred.

The game can be old or new doesn't really matter.

Got any good ideas for me?

Thanks in advance!

A lot of the Xbox Kinect games are supposed to be very "casual gamer friendly", similar to the Wii.
          She may enjoy that sorta thing. But I think the Kinect costs money, so that might not be an option for you.

Comment

• Stealth is easily the most overpowering way to kill enemies in skyrim. My Character is a khajit Stealth Archer/Mage, enchanted bows are the best :P
            I try to go for 2 main combat classes for each character i make, in this case it would be Archery and Destruction and Conjuration Magic.
            But i haven't really played much recently because of school and also cause i just picked up Splinter Cell Blacklist

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              Stealth is easily the most overpowering way to kill enemies in skyrim. My Character is a khajit Stealth Archer/Mage, enchanted bows are the best :P
              I try to go for 2 main combat classes for each character i make, in this case it would be Archery and Destruction and Conjuration Magic.
              But i haven't really played much recently because of school and also cause i just picked up Splinter Cell Blacklist
              Yeah, thought about doing a hybrid to character Warrior/Mage as I picked the Imperial race so it's doable effectively but I'm leaning more and more towards sword, shield and bow. With a focus also on smithing and enchanting.

I stumbled upon Fort Sungard last night and totally tanked the Forsworn outside. They were sticking me with arrows, two at a time, while I was getting rushed periodically by close combat NPC's but I ran around dominating them so whatever I'm doing is working so far. I always upgrade my gear to with my smithing so I no doubt have a statistical advantage at my level. As I level I've been focusing on blocking, building up my shield skills and I think it's paying off bigtime so far. Mages, archers,even dragons stop their range attacks when I smash them with my shield and I don't have any of the awesome perks yet that comes with blocking because I'm still a very low level. The only downside to shield smashing it stamina takes a big hit so I think I'll need to pack lots of stamina potions for difficult battles with this current strategy.

Comment

• Just preordered the GTA5 and 500gb PS3 bundle pack from Futureshop.
                Will be there at Midnight on the 16th to pick it up ... PUMPED.

Figure I'm only going to use my PS3 for Console exclusive games though .. like Gran Turismo 6 .. mmmmmmmm.. My computer is way too powerful to not have every other game on it.
                Last edited by Joey; Sat Sep 7, 2013, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  Just preordered the GTA5 and 500gb PS3 bundle pack from Futureshop.
                  Will be there at Midnight on the 16th to pick it up ... PUMPED.

Figure I'm only going to use my PS3 for Console exclusive games though .. like Gran Turismo 6 .. mmmmmmmm.. My computer is way too powerful to not have every other game on it.

i feel more anti-social on my computer. i really like playing with a controller.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    i feel more anti-social on my computer. i really like playing with a controller.
                    I agree about the controller; I use an Xbox for PC Controller. Basically the same thing as a console at this point; just better specs on my Computer.

Comment

• has anybosy ever had any problems with games they bought at ebgames/gamestop?
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                        has anybosy ever had any problems with games they bought at ebgames/gamestop?
                        Nah never

Comment

Nah never
                          huh..If I've had 12 games purchased from there, 7 I've had problems with.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                            huh..If I've had 12 games purchased from there, 7 I've had problems with.
                            I've had like 15 games purchased from there. All fine, it might be your console not the games

Comment

• Like my old fat ps3 used to freeze. No matter how new the game was, it was an internal problem. I sent it to sony like 4 times and i wasted around 200$ fixing it. It ended up getting the yellow light of death and i had to get a new one

Comment

I've had like 15 games purchased from there. All fine, it might be your console not the games
                                The first one acting up I recall was "Hit N' Run" for Gamecube back in like 04 or 05..it froze 7 minutes in no matter what I did..but, it worked fine on my neighbours and I took it back to the store and it worked fine on theirs as well (I had a black gamecube, the store and my neighbour had a purple and may have been an older model). But, the guy gave me another disk, brang it home, same problem.

Ended up returning that and got a credit and with that got two different games for basically the same price..I remember at least one of those acted up, but you could still play it through after a couple of resets.

Then a few years later, I remember buying one or two for the Wii and those acted up.

Then for PS3 I bought several from there and the sports games worked fine. But, I remember buying Batman:Arkham City, Uncharted 3, and LA Noire and they all either wouldn't run and I had to wipe and reformat my hard drive several times to get them to run or they froze somewhere in the game.

I've bought games from Best buy, Future Shop,Wal mart and have never had any problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X