OFFICIAL: Stojakovic & Bayless to the Raptors for Jack, Banks & Andersen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• done and done

bayless better play some D and peja better stay on the bench his career is done!

signing dampier will probably happen in the next few days
    Last edited by grindhouse; Sun Nov 21, 2010, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• don you beat me to it lol

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        Hmmm wonder if the Raps could flip Stojakovic for somebody like Iguodala... sounds like Philly wants cap relief and maybe we throw in Miami's 1st rounder? Just thinking aloud here, about overpaid players teams want to unload...
        Because you're shooting for low mediocrity? Trading for Iguodala last year, when the Raptors wanted to make the playoffs, made sense. Trading for a 27 year old player who is vastly overpaid and has never made the All-Star team, and who would probably give the Raptors, at best, 6 or 7 more wins, giving them a lower lottery pick, doesn't make much sense.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I like this trade, I have to say though, gonna miss Jack, but his last couple of games have been depressing to say the very least.

Jose starting again is never a good thing, so lets hope Bayless is the real deal.

Comment

• Maybe Bayless won't even play a game for us, and won't replace Jack because I think as Matt pointed pointed out, maybe we took Bayless to get to Thompson. The Kings offered Thompson for Teague who is also a guard, so I think they might just accept Thompson for Bayless. Plus now we have no back-up center

Comment

• This is one of them new era NBA deals...where it really doesnt add value until other pieces fall into place like the TPE and eventually whatever cap space we wind up with next off season....on the surface its a sideways deal that gives virtually nothing player wise but dont really lose anything.....I still like Bayless but i think he's just a temporary piece given were going to be a top 5 lotto team next year...

Comment

• I watch a stupid santa claus parade (Oakville) and have freakin dinner with friends and when I return home I find the freakin team blown-up? Well, maybe blown-up is an exaggeration, but still. I haven't had time to fully digest this trade, but my first reactions are Bayless might pan out nicely. He had some serious game at Arizona. I remember watching a game in Portland where he lit it up for like 30 points. Dude can score in bunches. Peja? PEJA? Well, I guess the Raptors suck large this year in shooting the 3 and he can help out there. But Peja? He will make Calderon's and Bargnani's defense look All-star caliber.

Thanks for your time in Raptorville Jack. Not too sorry your gone. Marcus, I hope you enjoy the pine in NO, but you did a solid job backing up the back-up. Anderson, I never really got to know you but you played pretty solidly. Enjoy NO and the highest crime rate in North America.
                Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• I was just thinking, I read that they said Jack was a good friend of Pauls. Which should factor in in him staying in NO. But wasn't Jack also a good friend of Bosh? hhmmm

Comment

• Other thing i shoulda said is although this deal makes financial sense for the raps im not confident in anyway BC will use the cap space wisely or TPE as much as im not confident he wont blow our top 5 pick again next year....

Its almost a win lose in that respect as im waiting on Colangelo to make another dumb FA signing next year and draft Kyle Singler or Mason Plumlee with the 1dst pick...

Comment

• Trife76 wrote: View Post
                      Other thing i shoulda said is although this deal makes financial sense for the raps im not confident in anyway BC will use the cap space wisely or TPE as much as im not confident he wont blow our top 5 pick again next year....

Its almost a win lose in that respect as im waiting on Colangelo to make another dumb FA signing next year and draft Kyle Singler or Mason Plumlee with the 1dst pick...
                      Last 2 first round draft picks weren't bad...

Comment

• The Raps trade Belinelli for Peja.
                        Audley
                        The NBA Breakdown - For Hoops Talk, The Way It Should Be!

Comment

• Overall, it's a good trade for both sides. The Hornets get a capable PG and someone to entice CP3 to stay in New Orleans. The Raps get a massive expiring in Peja and a very good project in Bayless. Should Bayless develop (and he should be able to get a lot of playing time here) and I think he will, he should be like Devin Harris - except a better shooter and worse defender. His playmaking skills are pretty sub-par and will look for his own shot before setting someone else up. I remember him being top-5 in a lot of mock drafts a couple of years ago. He's still only 22, so he should mesh pretty well with the young core we have now. We might have some money now to go after Marc Gasol in the off-season.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                            Maybe Bayless won't even play a game for us, and won't replace Jack because I think as Matt pointed pointed out, maybe we took Bayless to get to Thompson. The Kings offered Thompson for Teague who is also a guard, so I think they might just accept Thompson for Bayless. Plus now we have no back-up center
                            Ugh. I wouldn't do that. We got Bargnani, Davis, Johnson - and probably Dampier (or some other fodder) on the way. I do like Thompson, but I believe that Bayless is the better prospect.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Because you're shooting for low mediocrity? Trading for Iguodala last year, when the Raptors wanted to make the playoffs, made sense. Trading for a 27 year old player who is vastly overpaid and has never made the All-Star team, and who would probably give the Raptors, at best, 6 or 7 more wins, giving them a lower lottery pick, doesn't make much sense.
                              Don't forget screwing their future financial flexibilty.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                                Last 2 first round draft picks weren't bad...
                                ed davis hasn't played a game yet...

im not saying he's trash, but how do you know he's not gona be a bust ?

put the kool-aid down and start using some logic.

Comment

Working...
                                X