Free Agency 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    And if he does show and becomes a cancer in the locker room? I think Denver might put in a bid and he'll be happy to go back there.
    Do a Jamal Tinsley.

Comment

• Maybe but I don't think anyone below cap in the east are in a position to be concerned with what the Heat are doing. They'll most likely be playing golf before it becomes a real factor.

Comment

Maybe but I don't think anyone below cap in the east are in a position to be concerned with what the Heat are doing. They'll most likely be playing golf before it becomes a real factor.
        Dan Gilbert might disagree - lol

Comment

• That would be hilarious. Cavs drafted Irving #1. They have Davis who they'll probably amnesty only to get Chauncey to come play on the bench. I'm sure Chauncey would love that situation.

But if Chauncey really loves Denver so much, I could see them taking him back. They will have the cap space as well for him.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Dan Gilbert might disagree - lol
            Maybe but a man complaining he can't pay the bills and was pushing for a long lockout to dominate the players isn't helping his public image with the Players if he then turns around and is willing to toss out a $1M to spite LeBron James.

planetmars wrote: View Post
            That would be hilarious. Cavs drafted Irving #1. They have Davis who they'll probably amnesty only to get Chauncey to come play on the bench. I'm sure Chauncey would love that situation.

But if Chauncey really loves Denver so much, I could see them taking him back. They will have the cap space as well for him.
            He's from there and he keeps a home there. In fact he didn't buy a home in NYC and instead elected to live out of a hotel.

Comment

• For anyone dizzy by all the tweets and rumors, SheridanHoops.com breaks down the flurry activity before the storm tomorrow at 2pm.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2011/12...ws-and-rumors/

Comment

• Phoenix is going to be a great platform for Shannon Brown to market his talents to the buyers in the summer of 2012.

Comment

For anyone dizzy by all the tweets and rumors, SheridanHoops.com breaks down the flurry activity before the storm tomorrow at 2pm.
                  _ Tayshaun Prince is staying with the Detroit Pistons for four years and $27 million, and Jonas Jerebko is getting four years and $16 million to remain in Detroit.

_ Greg Oden is signing the Trail Blazers’ one-year $8.9 million qualifying offer.

_ Shane Battier is signing with the Miami Heat for $9 million over three years under the so-called mini-midlevel exception.

_ Caron Butler is getting a three-year, $24 million deal from the Los Angeles Clippers.

_ The Milwaukee Bucks are signing Mike Dunleavy for two years and $7.5 million
                  But remember, the owners are all broke and can't make money.... too funny. Actually, the funny thing is that the only team signing a deal that makes any sense at all is Miami. Let the silly season begin.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    But remember, the owners are all broke and can't make money.... too funny. Actually, the funny thing is that the only team signing a deal that makes any sense at all is Miami. Let the silly season begin.
                    Mike Dunleavy is a good deal in my opinion, $3.5M per season for a reserve with his talent. The key for him is to stay healthy.

Butler is a joke.

Prince is a joke.

Jerebko is sketchy considering he tore his Achilles last year.

Oden is..... well, Oden.

Comment

Mike Dunleavy is a good deal in my opinion, $3.5M per season for a reserve with his talent. The key for him is to stay healthy.
                      Yep, fair enough. I read that as $7.5mm for one year... my bad.

Comment

Phoenix is going to be a great platform for Shannon Brown to market his talents to the buyers in the summer of 2012.
                        as soon as i heard about brown, my first thought was "wow, nash is going to make him look like Joe Johnson version 2"

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                          as soon as i heard about brown, my first thought was "wow, nash is going to make him look like Joe Johnson version 2"
                          where do we sign up for 6 years at 20 mil a year?

Thought it was a very good move by Brown though.... will likely start, play beside Nash (who makes everyone... aside from Vince Carter.... look good and get a pay raise), and then can decide what he wants to do next year. Doubt too many were willing to take a risk on another back-up Laker perimeter player.

Shane Battier.... real good signing for the Heat. Thought it was a good deal to....

Doubt they'll do it liek this, but start Lebron at point, wade at the 2 and Battier at the 3.... then bring Miller off the bench.... not to shabby. If they get a real C... call this season over.

Comment

• GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                            Doubt they'll do it liek this, but start Lebron at point, wade at the 2 and Battier at the 3.... then bring Miller off the bench.... not to shabby. If they get a real C... call this season over.
                            Why? Chicago is an excellent team. Boston is still going to be tough if they're healthy. The Lakers are going to be good. SA, Dallas, OKC. There's teams that can beat Miami. Plus, you can add all the ancillary pieces you want, Lebron still needs to overcome his gag reflex in the Finals. You should remember buddy on the podcast, phdsteve or whatever, with his 7 championships in a row nonsense. Who knows, Miami may not get out of the East.

Comment

• only solid teams with players that compliment eachother will win championships. you could have 10 all stars on your team but if they don't compliment eachother the team will suck when it comes playoff time. Miami got destroyed by dallas cause of good defense and playing together as a team, miami is just "the big 3" no one else really contributes. The entire series was Lebron and Wade vs the entire Dallas Mavs sqaud, basically 3 on 15.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                only solid teams with players that compliment eachother will win championships. you could have 10 all stars on your team but if they don't compliment eachother the team will suck when it comes playoff time. Miami got destroyed by dallas cause of good defense and playing together as a team, miami is just "the big 3" no one else really contributes. The entire series was Lebron and Wade vs the entire Dallas Mavs sqaud, basically 3 on 15.
                                Well, they got the Finals, which was better than any other East team. And now they have Batter, plus a healthy Udonis Haslem. I certainly wouldn't count them out.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X