No announcement yet.

Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see Lou Williams as the most likely player to be signed.
    He will not be as expensive as most of the other guys, adresses the shooting need BC and DC kept refering to, and the raps have laready had interest in aquiring him last year.

I dont see Nash coming here. People have been arguing about this for a while so I will not elaborate.
    Wallace does not want to come here, nor do I want him to come here anymore.
    Ilyasova and Dragic are interesting young players, but I feel like we will have to overpay to much to get either of them.
    We almost got Barnes before, but I feel like he isnt going to be switching teams again.

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post
      I see Lou Williams as the most likely player to be signed.
      He will not be as expensive as most of the other guys, adresses the shooting need BC and DC kept refering to, and the raps have laready had interest in aquiring him last year.

I dont see Nash coming here. People have been arguing about this for a while so I will not elaborate.
      Wallace does not want to come here, nor do I want him to come here anymore.
      Ilyasova and Dragic are interesting young players, but I feel like we will have to overpay to much to get either of them.
      We almost got Barnes before, but I feel like he isnt going to be switching teams again.
      Lou Williams may not fit Casey's defensive mold. He's arguably a worse defender than Calderon.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        In the presser Casey couldn't have called for shooters more. Specifically veteran players, too. Both he and BC said the team was young enough which kind of worries me that if the pick is in the 7-11 range they'll trade it for a vet.
        Although it makes things less fun, I think the reality is that the pick will be in the 7-11 range (not if). The only other options are one, two or three and those are a slim chance out of 100 (not the best thing to base plans on). Then again, I know we have a slim chance at 1 but I'll have to check what the overall chance for 1-3 is.
        Also, not to complicate things but I think the field is much bigger than free agents. Bryan has the edge to use cap space before the draft and/or July 1st date. After that he's on an even playing field with everyone else who has money. I think the move will be to trade for a "shooter/SF" in a move that absorbs salary. That's the bigger field...anyone on any team that might be made available as those other teams approach free agency. I keep coming back to Rudy Gay but I'm not sure if the Grizz are cash strapped enough to have to move someone.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          Although it makes things less fun, I think the reality is that the pick will be in the 7-11 range (not if). The only other options are one, two or three and those are a slim chance out of 100 (not the best thing to base plans on). Then again, I know we have a slim chance at 1 but I'll have to check what the overall chance for 1-3 is.
          Also, not to complicate things but I think the field is much bigger than free agents. Bryan has the edge to use cap space before the draft and/or July 1st date. After that he's on an even playing field with everyone else who has money. I think the move will be to trade for a "shooter/SF" in a move that absorbs salary. That's the bigger field...anyone on any team that might be made available as those other teams approach free agency. I keep coming back to Rudy Gay but I'm not sure if the Grizz are cash strapped enough to have to move someone.
          I hope your intuition is accurate. If so, I may be the first person in history to buy a Gay jersey :|

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I hope your intuition is accurate. If so, I may be the first person in history to buy a Gay jersey :|
            I hope so too...the only problem is that I don't see why the Grizz would do it. Apparently they tried an OJ for Ray swap this year suggesting they are up for tinkering. Maybe they take on a salary there, give up Gay's salary and use our draft pick. I don't know...it's all hypothetical and based on nothing. Maybe time to lower the sight lines.

Comment

I hope so too...the only problem is that I don't see why the Grizz would do it. Apparently they tried an OJ for Ray swap this year suggesting they are up for tinkering. Maybe they take on a salary there, give up Gay's salary and use our draft pick. I don't know...it's all hypothetical and based on nothing. Maybe time to lower the sight lines.
              I'm sure a lot of Heisley's decision making will depend on how the Grizz fair this year. If they get bounced in the 1st round, he might be willing to deal Gay (considering they advanced farther a season ago without him).

Comment

• If Deron Williams doesn't resign with the Nets, I see Gerald Wallace opting out. I would LOVE to have him come play for us, he will fit right in with Casey's philosophy, a good rebounder, great defender, and can get to the line.

Gerald Wallace ftw.
                "Defense wins championships."

Comment

• SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                  If Deron Williams doesn't resign with the Nets, I see Gerald Wallace opting out. I would LOVE to have him come play for us, he will fit right in with Casey's philosophy, a good rebounder, great defender, and can get to the line.

Gerald Wallace ftw.
                  Opting out of $11.5 million might be a tough decision to make. Wallace won't be getting that kind of coin with a new contract. He's one bump to the head away from retirement.

Comment

If Deron Williams doesn't resign with the Nets, I see Gerald Wallace opting out. I would LOVE to have him come play for us, he will fit right in with Casey's philosophy, a good rebounder, great defender, and can get to the line.

Gerald Wallace ftw.
                    I'd rather have AK47 - and I really don't want AK47.

Comment

Gerald Wallace ftw.
                      he hates Toronto so it aint happenin

Comment

• Not to focus on the small forward but that seems to be the thought of the day. Check out this list of SF's from TSN's ranking http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=10039 (free agent or not) and let your mind wander as to who might be available if their team was looking to create cap room.

Not saying that I want all of these guys or that they would all fit...but they're small forwards

Granger (already mentioned by Chisolm in his review today)..have to sign Hibbert
                        Iggy...phily is remodling on the fly
                        rudy gay (there's got to be something wrong with the finances of that team)
                        pierce (boston may blow it up)
                        marion (freeing up room for williams)...oops, done that
                        Tayshaun, Caron...both teams are in flux
                        I'll skip number 16
                        Batum..everyone here knows him
                        And the list goes on from there.

Any thoughts?

Comment

• maybe the Matrix but i feel we already have a younger version of him in James Johnson

Comment

Not to focus on the small forward but that seems to be the thought of the day. Check out this list of SF's from TSN's ranking http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=10039 (free agent or not) and let your mind wander as to who might be available if their team was looking to create cap room.

Not saying that I want all of these guys or that they would all fit...but they're small forwards

Granger (already mentioned by Chisolm in his review today)..have to sign Hibbert
                            Iggy...phily is remodling on the fly
                            rudy gay (there's got to be something wrong with the finances of that team)
                            pierce (boston may blow it up)
                            marion (freeing up room for williams)...oops, done that
                            Tayshaun, Caron...both teams are in flux
                            I'll skip number 16
                            Batum..everyone here knows him
                            And the list goes on from there.

Any thoughts?
                            Did anyone notice that their are 30 players there, and 30 teams in the league?
                            The raptors are one of only 3 teams (I think) that dont have a player up there.

SA, Houston, Lakers , Chicago and PHX each have two
                            Raps, SAC, Charlotte and Minni arent in there.
                            Think im missing one or two teams

Comment

• Kyle Korver is actually dec in his role, not sure he should be on the list. But, dec.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Opting out of $11.5 million might be a tough decision to make. Wallace won't be getting that kind of coin with a new contract. He's one bump to the head away from retirement.
                                I read Wallace will opt out of his deal to look for a longer term contract. Same with Jameer (though i would stay clear)

I would really want to get a good SF on our team. Granger or andre iggy are great targets. Granger is too expensive for them, especially after paul george grew 2 inches to become their new sf, and having to sign all star hibbert to a new contract (which i assume will be around 14 mil, marc gasol contract). Iggy wants out of philly, has been for many years.

For RFA/FA, i would go after wallace or Jeff GReen, not nic Batum. Nic Batum, RFA, would command 8-10 mil, and because he is restricted and portland really likes him there, i would hate to overspend on him. Wallace would be great, hard slasher and great defender. Also Jeff Green, who is a FA this summer after being waived by Boston earlier this year, would be great offensive player for us.

I can't see the draft helping us out unless barnes or beal fall to us. It'll be a good trade bait for those looking for a PF. We can also trade down for kendal marshall, unless his stock increases after the draft combine and workouts and grabbing him with the 8th spot isn't a huge reach

Comment

Working...
                                X