No announcement yet.

Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many highly productive years does Iggy have? I'd like to have him around here
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I'd rather have AK47 - and I really don't want AK47.
      I think AK47 will be the guy. It will probably happen b4 july 1st.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Barf
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          Barf
          double barf

Comment

• A good vet that guards his position and good all-around player. Don't be a surprise if his the starting 3 next year. BC and DC both believe that DD, AB and jose can anchor this offensive. So their no reason why they would add a well proven stopper at the toughest position in the league to guard. Run the floor well and pushes the ball in transition and can shoot the ball, things they said they were looking for. I think he would be a great glue guy on this team and perfect fit for DC's philosophy. Lets not forget that BryCo already said earlier the season that their was interest in him. His been in big playoffs game and is used to playing for no BS coach. Really don't under stand why y'all wouldn't thin this would be a good get.

They've obviously been keeping an eye on him
            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Apr 28, 2012, 03:35 AM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I'm sure a lot of Heisley's decision making will depend on how the Grizz fair this year. If they get bounced in the 1st round, he might be willing to deal Gay (considering they advanced farther a season ago without him).
              LETS GO CLIPS!

I'm married so I would totally rock a Gay jersey.

Comment

• AJ360 wrote: View Post
                LETS GO CLIPS!

I'm married so I would totally rock a Gay jersey.
                I'm married too, but my wife probably wouldn't let me wear a Gay jersey, lol

Comment

• Via HoopsHype.com:

Blazers F Nicolas Batum's eyes lit up & he offered funny, candid thoughts when talk turned to size of next contract: "I heard some numbers the last couple of days. I'm like, 'Give me that, I'll be very, very happy.'" What, 10 or 11 million per year? "Yeah, I'm like, 'Wow, I'm going to say yes.'" Batum said that his next "basketball situation" was more important than a particular city in assessing his future. Sulia

Comment

• Foreshadowing Nash?

I'm not sure who would be in charge of putting these videos together, but does anybody else find the video (at around 1:10 of the video) and what Colangelo is saying intriguing (Colangelo talking about using the money he has this summer at the exact time that they show a video of Casey embracing Nash)? Coincidence or somebody in the Raps TV organization's pipe dream?

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/pla...ews-conference

Does anyone else get the feeling that Colangelo has something already lined up? There have been a few interviews lately that have me thinking he is way too confident about a signing unless he already has something set up. I think Casey said something on the Val Centered videos that implied Val would not need to be the saviour coming in because others were coming in as well. Now I realize that the could mean a variety of things (the new draft pick, a trade, a role playing free agent signing); however, it sure sounded to me like something big is going to happen... maybe it's just me being hopeful and maybe Kirilenko is the signing and he's a big deal... or maybe Nash's comments about finishing in Canada (never heard this, but some have mentioned if before on here) are going to come to fruition.
                    Last edited by The Coach; Sat Apr 28, 2012, 10:56 AM.
                    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                    ― John Wooden

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
                      I'm not sure who would be in charge of putting these videos together, but does anybody else find the video (at around 1:10 of the video) and what Colangelo is saying intriguing (Colangelo talking about using the money he has this summer at the exact time that they show a video of Casey embracing Nash)? Coincidence or somebody in the Raps TV organization's pipe dream?

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/pla...ews-conference

Does anyone else get the feeling that Colangelo has something already lined up? There have been a few interviews lately that have me thinking he is way too confident about a signing unless he already has something set up. I think Casey said something on the Val Centered videos that implied Val would not need to be the saviour coming in because others were coming in as well. Now I realize that the could mean a variety of things (the new draft pick, a trade, a role playing free agent signing); however, it sure sounded to me like something big is going to happen... maybe it's just me being hopeful and maybe Kirilenko is the signing and he's a big deal... or maybe Nash's comments about finishing in Canada (never heard this, but some have mentioned if before on here) are going to come to fruition.
                      LOL - great conspiracy theory!

Colangelo is a very confident guy and I do believe he has a plan that he feels is going to be a homerun. I don't think anything is set in stone or has been talked about early. Those types of risks are not worth it (see Joe Smith/Kevin McHale in Minnesota).

We'll have to see what happens May 30th but regardless, I expect big changes this summer. Toronto could make some trades that takes them up to the salary cap and then get Nash in a sign and trade with Bayless, ED or Amir, this year's 2nd round picks, and future 1st round pick going back to Phoenix. If Nash leaves Phoenix, I see him trying to ensure they get something in return that is beneficial to them (that is just speculation on my part).

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        LOL - great conspiracy theory!

Colangelo is a very confident guy and I do believe he has a plan that he feels is going to be a homerun. I don't think anything is set in stone or has been talked about early. Those types of risks are not worth it (see Joe Smith/Kevin McHale in Minnesota).

We'll have to see what happens May 30th but regardless, I expect big changes this summer. Toronto could make some trades that takes them up to the salary cap and then get Nash in a sign and trade with Bayless, ED or Amir, this year's 2nd round picks, and future 1st round pick going back to Phoenix. If Nash leaves Phoenix, I see him trying to ensure they get something in return that is beneficial to them (that is just speculation on my part).
                        I never even thought about the sign and trade option and I would agree that Nash would be the guy that ensures Phoenix gets theirs. Although only speculation, it makes sense.
                        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                        ― John Wooden

Comment

• personally, nash is prolly the best signing we could make this year, but im sure many would argue that fact. but imagien a pg duo of nash and calderon controlling the game? damnnnnn...i'd also be happy with d will, but thats not happening.

still a lil early to guess who'll get signed, considering we dont know where/who we'll draft this year.

so for arguments sake if:

we're prolly gunna draft a SF (ideally MKG, barnes?), target free agent SGs:
                          high end and prolly unaffordable: eric gordon, oj mayo ray allen
                          affordable: jamal crawford, cj miles, nick young, bayless, barbosa - nash's good friend!

but if we draft a SG (beal), target SF:
                          high end: batum, gerald wallace - would be dope in toronto i think, how do u feel bout odom?

a PG could be had in 2nd round and developed nicely behind calderon and nash, hell bring uzoh back.

any combination of these players would make our already talented team even better.

thoughts?

Comment

• add grant hill in the SF mix too, to really rape over phoenix! lol

nash, calderon, hill, barbosa, magloire supporting a VERY young athletic team seems great to me

Comment

• Nash, coming to Toronto is beyond idiotic. He should go to Miami or NYK and win a championship and then retire. He has no reason to want to come to Toronto.
                              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                                Nash, coming to Toronto is beyond idiotic. He should go to Miami or NYK and win a championship and then retire. He has no reason to want to come to Toronto.
                                He has plenty of reasons:
                                - money (New York or Miami don't have the cap space we do)
                                - relationship with Triano
                                - relationship with Colangelo
                                - home country comfort
                                - I believe his personal businesses (restaurants, gyms, etc.) are officed in Canada.

The only con is the lack of a championship opportunity. If Colangelo offered Nash a hefty contract, it would be a very tough not to accept it.

Comment

Working...
                                X