Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRADE: Turkoglu For Barbosa and Jones (Update On Pg. 29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it funny how everyone two days ago wanted BC's head on a platter, and now are praising him for this deal. So if this doesn't pan out, are you all gonna start calling for him to get fired again?

Comment

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...childress.html - says we'd be trading our trade excemption and Jones from Phoenix to Charlotte for Boris Diaw

Comment

Who can we pick up now to fill the void? I'd love to see CP3 & someone else like okafor. Kleiza is going to have to take on some heavy minutes. BC needs to find someone at the 3 whether coming off the bench or starting.

LOL i was on the Suns forum and some guy named dan was talking about the comments from this site. LOL the funny part is some guy after him sorta compared Amare and Turk:
        ^There were a ton of similar sentiments on these boards when it was announced that STAT was officially done as a Sun.
        LOOL they clearly dont know the Real Turk, the one minus the Superman LOL!!
        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Excellent and also Diaw? Wow. Diaw will be the starting SF if that happens. Huge gain. He can defend three positions and he can handle the ball in the point forward role when need be.

Comment

rev20002 wrote: View Post
            http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...childress.html - says we'd be trading our trade excemption and Jones from Phoenix to Charlotte for Boris Diaw
            That's definitely complex.

michaelgrange

Raps confirm they're in talks with Suns re: Hedo; and say the deal is "complex" 11 minutes ago via web
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Don't we get Diaw as well?

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...childress.html

Comment

I hate Colangelo now. You guys realize we lose out TPE right?

Edit: NM didn't see the last 2 pages of this thread.

Comment

God Bless you, Bryan Colangelo... even though it was your mistake originally.

I dunno about you guys, but I'm in LOVE with this deal, considering the player we get AND his contract situation.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                    I hate Colangelo now. You guys realize we lose out TPE right?

Edit: NM didn't see the last 2 pages of this thread.
                    do we lose all of it? that's what i can't figure out

Comment

rev20002 wrote: View Post
                      do we lose all of it? that's what i can't figure out
                      I think if we use the 9 mil trade exception for hedo on diaw and use bosh's TPE on barbosa, then we keep 14.5-7.1 and have a ~7.4 mil TPE leftover.

Comment

Diaw/Chandler To Raptors For Calderon/Evans

Toronto would then move Jones and its trade exception from the Chris Bosh sign-and-trade deal to Charlotte for former Suns forward Boris Diaw.
                        Source: AZCenteral.com

Missed in the shuffle of the Barbosa deal. Same article too by the way.

Comment

We getting Boris Diaw too?

Did anyone else notice the other part of that Arizona Republic article? It says that we willbe dealing Dwayne Jones (who is coming with Barbosa) plus the TPE from the Bosh deal toCharlotte for Boris Diaw? Other than BC trying to reunite the Phoenix Suns (hey, Raja Bell is available), I'm not a huge fanof that. Just think there are better options than Diaw.

Comment

stackmack

More from @paulcoro: Suns send Barbosa/Dwayne Jones to Toronto for Hedo. Toronto expected to send Jones + part of TE to Charlotte for Diaw.
                            Part of TPE....

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...childress.html
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Where would Weems (assuming Barbosa plays the 2) and/or Kleiza get minutes though if Diaw plays the 3? I have feeling Raptors are getting Kleiza because denver tipped that they will match the offer.

Comment

f91ultra wrote: View Post
                                I think if we use the 9 mil trade exception for hedo on diaw and use bosh's TPE on barbosa, then we keep 14.5-7.1 and have a ~7.4 mil TPE leftover.
                                so to confirm we'd be gettting some of phoenix's trade excemption via the amare deal and using 9 from the 16 that we got for bosh to get diaw, that would leave 7 left over, plus whatever we get via the barbosa-hedo deal?

Comment

Working...
                                X