Buycks, Stone or Kabongo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Notice there is no option for next season on Augustin?

There are options on Buycks and Stone.

I wonder if it means anything or am I speculating again???? lol
    I think it's fair to assume that all 3 were meant as little more than stop-gap measures for the 2nd & 3rd PG spots, while MU evaluates the roster. With Lowry in a contract year, the PG position is entirely in flux, so I completely understand not wanting to commit to a backup long-term at this point. The options were simply MU hedging his bets with unknown quantities, in hopes that one/both could wind up being a 'diamond in the rough' type of under-the-radar signing. Augustin is more of known quantity, for better or worse.

Comment

known for being crappy
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        known for being crappy
        Cold as ICE!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I think it's fair to assume that all 3 were meant as little more than stop-gap measures for the 2nd & 3rd PG spots, while MU evaluates the roster. With Lowry in a contract year, the PG position is entirely in flux, so I completely understand not wanting to commit to a backup long-term at this point. The options were simply MU hedging his bets with unknown quantities, in hopes that one/both could wind up being a 'diamond in the rough' type of under-the-radar signing. Augustin is more of known quantity, for better or worse.
          Did you know the draft has some really good prospects at PG? lol

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Did you know the draft has some really good prospects at PG? lol
            lol why yes, I have heard that rumbling... a questionable starter on a very reasonable expiring contract, ahead of a draft with several highly touted PG, under a GM in 'wait and see' mode... the first half of the season will be very, very interesting for Raptors fans - as much for the off-court speculation as on-court performance!

Comment

Well, im just glad Stone is fine. He's still my pick to be the backup PG.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Hopefully Stone isnt just saying "Im Fine" because he needs a job.... It could be Bravado. I hope he is perfectly healthy though.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  And with that, I'm officially starting the "DJ Augustin for Backup PG" lobby group....

....especially with Casey's established love for veteran players. Augustin will be this year's Alan Anderson
                  Anderson actually did some good things while on the court (and some bad).

The thing about Augustin that I really dislike so far (and yes, I know it's preseason) is that he's been totally invisible. A non-factor in every way. He doesn't really make his presence felt on the court at all...not even by trying hard and making mistakes. Even with Buycks and Stone making mistakes, at least they try to make their presence felt by doing something.

Comment

Mo Dee wrote: View Post
                    I am the only one not impressed with Buycks? The most promising skill he has shown is breaking down the defender one on one and getting to the hoop. In terms of his play making ability, I have not seen it yet. He frustrates me. First, because I couldn't figure out how to pronounce his name, second because I don't see him as a good enough facilitator. I'm more intrigued by Stone.
                    it's pronounced Bikes "Buy-ikes"
                    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      It's the preseason, it's basically all garbage time.
                      It's all "practice time" - except for the guys trying to make the roster or get into the rotation - for those guys it's pretty serious.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        You make a good point. We haven't seen DJ with starters at all. He seems like the type of guy that plays better with better players around him. I really think it's going to be a tight 9 man rotation Hansbrough, Fields, DJ and Ross/Novak. In that order
                        That's the type of rotation Casey keeps saying he wants and based on who he keeps putting out there in the 2nd quarter, those are the players who will be the reserves on opening night.

Comment

Working...
                        X