Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#StopThePizza (Post #56 - sign the petition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was so happy at this win but seeing this thread really pisses me off. That promotion HAS to go. Just went and rewatched it and you had lots of people angrily pointing and shouting at Vasquez demanding him to shoot. Meh it's not good at ALL.

Comment

There were definitely boos at the end of the game. There were lots of cheers too but you can hear the mixed reaction and Jack and Matt had to defend Vasquez for not shooting. They seemed embarrassed actually. And it was embarrassing, after such a huge win for people (not fans obviously) to boo like that, it's pathetic.

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
        WTF was the wave about when Lowry was shooting FT's, do it when the other team is shooting FT's not our know. Dumbass Fans lol

As for the boos i didnt hear any but the memphis announcers were talking about it, so the fans likey did boo. They should make it Raptors get pizza when they get a WIN not score 100
        The wave is generally always started by ACC stand workers.

Comment

I just wanna know when this will change. Fans more happy about getting a slice of cardboard pizza the next day or cheering their team that just went 10 games over .500?? Disgusting For Fuck's Sake!!

Comment

Fact is Toronto sporting event goers know next to nothing about fandom. The closest are the supporters of the match games at BMO field. They take drums and shit, and wear scarves.

Between the Jays winning in the early 90's, with dim witted denziens only managing to copy a pre macarana dance the 'wave' and puckheads throwing waffles at the hapless leafs; this city doesn't know shitty from from chocolate when it comes to celebrations.

If we want better we need to make it better. Anyone have an unlimited supply of cash to fly-in and put up the RR community for every home game?

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
              Fact is Toronto sporting event goers know next to nothing about fandom. The closest are the supporters of the match games at BMO field. They take drums and shit, and wear scarves.

Between the Jays winning in the early 90's, with dim witted denziens only managing to copy a pre macarana dance the 'wave' and puckheads throwing waffles at the hapless leafs; this city doesn't know shitty from from chocolate when it comes to celebrations.

If we want better we need to make it better. Anyone have an unlimited supply of cash to fly-in and put up the RR community for every home game?
              Sure I'd be happy to drown out the boos with my unbridled joy. Would have to be a pretty rich dude though..my plane ticket wouldn't be so cheap.
              Last edited by BigCamB; Sat Mar 15, 2014, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                I just wanna know when this will change. Fans more happy about getting a slice of cardboard pizza the next day or cheering their team that just went 10 games over .500?? Disgusting For Fuck's Sake!!
                pretty sure most casual fans attending games have no idea what .500 even means. so yes, pizza is probably more exciting.

Comment

I'm all for getting rid of the Pizza promotion or varying it.

I think that some posters have been too tough on the fans doing the wave, even during Lowry's free throws. You really can't have it both ways. Either you want to have people engaged, excited and involved or you don't. Asking the casual fan at the ACC to cheer only at the right time is not realistic. And given the choice between the two, I'd rather have the energy in the crowd than not. So what if it's corny? I don't recall if Lowry missed any FTs either - but if he did, I bet he'd tell you it had nothing to do with anything the crowd is doing.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    pretty sure most casual fans attending games have no idea what .500 even means. so yes, pizza is probably more exciting.
                    I do know that those people would be cheering after a win if there was no pizza.

Comment

Just another reason for a premiere free agent not to come to Toronto. T.O., the city where fans boo everything. Yeah there's a reputation we need.

Comment

What if we win game 7 of a playoffs series, say, 98-94, and people boo?

That will really show the NBA how much Raptors fans care...
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

The pizza isn't even good! And who actually goes to claim it? Get rid of it.
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

Our fanbase are embarrassing at times(not just this game but of course the Rudy Gay booing) and may be the reason they keep putting terrible games like the Lakers on international TV vs this excellent game against the Grizzlies....the wave is ridiculous and I believe is only enjoyed by the children at the games(at least I hope so). My suggestion for the pizza promotion is to give pizza only in the circumstance we enjoyed last night i.e. when the Raptors have the final possession in a win and do not attempt a shot. Anything related to scoring levels will only promote this idiotic booing behavior.

Comment

If we're doing free pizza, I support this suggestion then:

Comment

yeah.. I've always hated this promo, raptors fans can be so embarrassing
                                AKA Chief Rocka @ RaptorsHQ

Comment

Working...
                                X