Sebastian Pruiti: "Jonas Valanciunas & Andrea Bargnani Can Work Defensively"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Sorry to break the news but free agency is more than likely going to look like Wal-Mart to the Raptors this off-season.
    That's true, but only if the Raptors acquire Yao Ming, or Yi Jianlian

Comment

Boomer wrote: View Post
      You ignored the positive blurbs Pruiti mentioned about Andrea, in that he IS a good one-on-one straight up post defender. With stats to back it up.
      Actually, the stats don't back up that he's a good one on one defender. As has been mentioned, he's decent against certain types of players, but overall, he's not a good one on one defender. I wish this myth would die because it's simply not true.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Sorry to break the news but free agency is more than likely going to look like Wal-Mart to the Raptors this off-season.
        I prefer they shop at Value Village, for this free agency. They still get what they need, temporarily, but it doesn't feed the big, bad machine.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          I disagree completely. Walmart is an awful organization and buying ANYTHING at Walmart not only is a vote for them to continue their business practices, but also Walmart products are generally cheaply made and of poor quality because it's the only way they can get the prices low enough to sell them at Walmart.
          Nobody questions his 1-on-1 game defensively, but he's not playing 1-on-1, he's playing a team game and he's terrible when it come to help defense.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
            Nobody questions his 1-on-1 game defensively, but he's not playing 1-on-1, he's playing a team game and he's terrible when it come to help defense.
            I think you may have quote the wrong comment, but I think a lot of people question his man to man defense. The thing is that people remember the good games he has, which are actually few and far between, and don't seem to remember that the vast majority of the games he actually struggled trying to contain his own man.
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I think you may have quote the wrong comment, but I think a lot of people question his man to man defense. The thing is that people remember the good games he has, which are actually few and far between, and don't seem to remember that the vast majority of the games he actually struggled trying to contain his own man.
              yea, 10 great games out of 82 isn't exactly worthy of being a starter on any team.

edit: and to add: those great games that he has should be the standard. By now great for him should be containing his man and scoring 40+ points while grabbing 7-11 rebounds and 2-3 blocks. Just writing that stat line and thinking "Andrea Bargnani" is making me laugh.

Comment

Yeah my bad. Bargnani's main issue is his work ethic. He doesn't seem to take rebounding and defense as seriously as his offense which for any team's center is a huge problem.

Comment

Boomer wrote: View Post
                  You ignored the positive blurbs Pruiti mentioned about Andrea, in that he IS a good one-on-one straight up post defender. With stats to back it up.

"In the 205 times he was posted up last season Bargnani held his opponent to just 182 points (0.888 PPP) on just 46.8% shooting." Considering guys who play in the post typically shoot anywhere from 50-58 percent, that's actually decent.

Bargs has taken on guys like Duncan, Howard, and Shaq, and not been as embarrassing as everyone likes to claim. He uses his length adequately enough. It's no secret he's not good at helping, but he's not exactly Yi's chair at the draft combine, either, on Man situations.

This is all basically moot anyway because when Jonas comes over, with Ed and Amir, I don't see Bargs being kept here anyway.

Comment

Saying JV and AB would complement each other on defense is like saying your new leather couch and that ugly looking lavender colored sofa you got talked into buying, which can't be returned because you lost the receipt, complement each other in your living room. Time to toss the sofa to the curb. Go to Wal-Mart and get something cheap if you must to tie you over until you find the right piece.
                    This. This. Bloody fawking this.
                    “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

You know you posted this twice. I read it and it was deja vu all over again! I had to go back and make sure I wasn't imagining it.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

You know you posted this twice. I read it and it was deja vu all over again! I had to go back and make sure I wasn't imagining it.
                        Yeah well I was responding to another user and so I just copy/paste and left the one where I responded to you, just because if I deleted it it would like you're just speaking to yourself.

Comment

Yeah well I was responding to another user and so I just copy/paste and left the one where I responded to you, just because if I deleted it it would like you're just speaking to yourself.
                          It really wouldn't be the first time. I seem to be the only one in my house that listens.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

It really wouldn't be the first time. I seem to be the only one in my house that listens.
                            Did you say something??

.....LOL, I keed.

Comment

I prefer they shop at Value Village, for this free agency. They still get what they need, temporarily, but it doesn't feed the big, bad machine.
                              LOL.. I'm thinking Dollarama.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

That last clip is of him blocking former Raptor Roko Ukic ... funny.
                                The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Working...
                                X