GT: Raptors at Rockets - Lowry's return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    Dwayne Casey please start Demar at the 3 and Ross at the 2. Ross got exposed by Harden a bunch of times but he's still twice the defender Demar is.

Only bright spots tonight were Ross and Dre. JV had his moments (but got abused by Asik) and hate to say it but Lucas played good minutes (don't want to see him every night on the floor).

Lowry was absolutely horrendous tonight and starting to get frustrated with his shot selection. Jose knocked down some shots in the second half but pounded the ball into the floor way too much as usual. Our "best" position was awful tonight.

Why did the Raps play zone for so long?
    Ross was nice to watch. Andrea had the shot going but his effort level on defense and the boards was pathetic again.

Comment

• This was a terrible game defensively. Nice to Drea better offensively but we couldn't guard Harden or Lin on the PnR. Leading to easy baskets at the net and wide open 3's. Does anyone feel like that the Raptors scouting is bad?

Comment

• Does anyone feel like that the Raptors scouting is bad?
        Not sure it's scouting but I do feel like the Raps offense is so stagnant and predictable that teams figure it out pretty quick. It's way too much isolation and her ball. It's just taking turns with the ball.

On defense, I dont understand what is going on. It's just been awful.

My biggest negative right now is that there are so many fundamental problems on both sides of the ball, along with a huge personnel issue at SF that I don't see any quick or simple fixes.

Comment

• I dont understand, sometimes I see everyone rotating correctly, running around, and then all of a sudden there is this one man open on the wing. Fully open, to the point that the CENTER feels he has to run and contest the shot. Thats not right, and it happens multiple times a game.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Dwane Casey had a full fucking training camp. What a waste, this defense looks like JT is running it. I was expecting the Defense to be better not worse

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              Not sure it's scouting but I do feel like the Raps offense is so stagnant and predictable that teams figure it out pretty quick. It's way too much isolation and her ball. It's just taking turns with the ball.

On defense, I dont understand what is going on. It's just been awful.

My biggest negative right now is that there are so many fundamental problems on both sides of the ball, along with a huge personnel issue at SF that I don't see any quick or simple fixes.
              I agree offensively. I think teams let us score because they know they can get stops or our offense will stagnate.

In terms of scouting, I mean for defensive purposes. It just goes back to the Spurs game where we started Val on Duncan and then switch Bargnani over. I'm not sure why we don't do that more often, keep JVal on the weaker offensive player so he can be the help defender.

Comment

• Threes everywhere. Felt like a nightmare.

Or a game of 2k.
                TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  I dont understand, sometimes I see everyone rotating correctly, running around, and then all of a sudden there is this one man open on the wing. Fully open, to the point that the CENTER feels he has to run and contest the shot. Thats not right, and it happens multiple times a game.
                  Like i said on the other thread, it's like Jay Triano era all over again.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I could use a good laugh after this game thanks for that.
                    laugh all you want.

There is a reason houston gave him big money. If Asik develops decent offense he is a top center.

Val is playing like a 19 year old at this point even though he is much older than that. There is no finesse in his game and his skillset is quitel limited. I would be very happy with that ceiling. He is no Anthony Davis.

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post

Val is playing like a 19 year old at this point even though he is much older than that. There is no finesse in his game and his skillset is quitel limited. I would be very happy with that ceiling. He is no Anthony Davis.
                      20? he is 5 times as athletic as asik as well.

this game sucked. for a second when it was getting silly i thought maybe we are trying to show charlotte something about losing.

Comment

laugh all you want.

There is a reason houston gave him big money. If Asik develops decent offense he is a top center.

Little bit dramatic there bud. JV will be fine.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

laugh all you want.

One game and you write him off. GOOD FAN. ada boy.
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

laugh all you want.

JV is 20, he is not much older than 19 and he's a rookie, with a decent jumpshot, he'll make mistakes and with lack of strength, he'll get out muscled on some ocasions but its a learning experiance and it will get better with time

Comment

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                              Threes everywhere. Felt like a nightmare.

Or a game of 2k.
                              threes and runouts everywhere. Defense was none existent, offence wasn't much better. Total lack of effort to contain anyone. Asik looked like he actually had touch (raptors induced mirage, kid has hands of stone) and neither hArden nor Lin broke a sweat. Meanwhile parsons and pAtterson beasted like they were up against a rec league team. No raptor earns praise tonight. Ross' individual offence was nice but his team game at either end wasn't anything to jump up n down about.

LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• Only good thing about this game is at least Casey gave JV and Ross burn and shortened the leash on guys giving a half assed effort like Klow and DD. Memphis is gonna destroy the Raps tonight.
                                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X