2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    there aren't any of those besides irving and the f*gs in cleveland are taking him. Take a look at Westbrook, he isn't no steve nash but he still dishes out assists. Do u know why? because he gets minutes. If we gave bayless 30+ minutes he would easily dish out 6+ assists a game no problem. At the end of the season he was doing well involving teammates. Just give him the time and he'll tear it up
    Uh, just so you know, it's not all about stats. Someone can average 6+ assists a game in 30+ minutes but our offense could still be stagnant as hell, so I'm not really sure what your point is there. Give any PG enough minutes and he could average 6 assists a game, big whoop.

And did you just call Gilbert's 14 year old son a f*g as well? Bad juju comin' your way, mon.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
      He was one of the best players in college basketball. So was Ed O'Bannon, Bobby Hurley, J.J. Reddick and Jimmer Freddick. What does that have to do with the NBA?

He's about 5'9 and he doesn't really do anything at high level except score.
      Jimmer FREDETTE... just sayin' =P

Comment

• Good discussions on this thread. Personally, I think BC is going to try to trade up for Minnesota's 2nd pick. My guess is he'll offer Calderon and the 5th pick for the 2nd pick and something from Minny. Calderon will be a great mentor for Rubio and most importantly, from Minny's viewpoint, he only has 2 years left on his deal. Remember, Minny is a cheap organization. That's why I can't see them wanting Bargnani. Too much money left on a 4 year deal. If BC pulls this off, he'll take Derrick Williams as Kyrie is most likely headed to Cleveland.

If BC can't pull this off and we keep the 5th pick, my guess is he'll take Kemba Walker. BC loves fast point guards. I also think all Kanter and Knight will be gone by then.

I'm not sure about Walker. At first, I didn't like him but the more video I see of him, the more I'm starting to warm up to him. He appears quicker and more athletic than Kyrie and Brandon Knight and just seems to have a knack for the game. Whether or not this translates into success at the NBA level remains to be seen.

Gonna be an interesting month until June 23.

Comment

• ...word.
          Everyone's saying Knight but he is not the best ball handler. He's intelligent, learns fast, penetrate well but he over dribbles is not a pass first guard and his handle is weak. Kemba at least knows how to win.

Personally, I would look at Kahwi if Kanter etal are gone.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
            Jimmer FREDETTE... just sayin' =P
            I was talking about J.J. Reddick's half brother, Jimmer Freddick.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I really think that we would be better suited to just give Bayless a chance than to take Walker or Knight. If we draft Knight then we should keep Calderon (can't believe I said that). He will NEED a veteran to mentor him. Making us have to move Barbosa or Bayless to make room. Walker won't need that vet around.

I'm pretty sure that BC will take a big though.

Biyombo. Biyombo. Biyombo.

Comment

• jd4 wrote: View Post
                Good discussions on this thread. Personally, I think BC is going to try to trade up for Minnesota's 2nd pick. My guess is he'll offer Calderon and the 5th pick for the 2nd pick and something from Minny. Calderon will be a great mentor for Rubio and most importantly, from Minny's viewpoint, he only has 2 years left on his deal. Remember, Minny is a cheap organization. That's why I can't see them wanting Bargnani. Too much money left on a 4 year deal. If BC pulls this off, he'll take Derrick Williams as Kyrie is most likely headed to Cleveland.

If BC can't pull this off and we keep the 5th pick, my guess is he'll take Kemba Walker. BC loves fast point guards. I also think all Kanter and Knight will be gone by then.

I'm not sure about Walker. At first, I didn't like him but the more video I see of him, the more I'm starting to warm up to him. He appears quicker and more athletic than Kyrie and Brandon Knight and just seems to have a knack for the game. Whether or not this translates into success at the NBA level remains to be seen.

Gonna be an interesting month until June 23.
                Yeah I agree with this totally. I don't think the rumors of the Jonny Flynn trade and BryCo getting an extension a couple days later were just coincidence. I think the reason he got the extension cause we wouldn't be able to pull the move without getting it. I personally think it's all ready arranged their just waiting for Ricky Rubio to sign the contract. I think the trade would go like this Jonny #2pick + filler for Jose Calderon and the #5pick. I think min really doesn't want to draft derrick williams. I think they would rather trade down and draft Biyombo to pair with love.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I was talking about J.J. Reddick's half brother, Jimmer Freddick.
                  My bad... he totally slipped my mind!

As far as this draft is concerned, I was just watching some Bismack Biyombo highlights and he looks like he's gonna be a force. I wouldn't be mad if they took him, and hopefully they'd be able to pry fellow countryman Dikembe Mutombo out from wherever he is these days to mentor the kid a bit. I'm not sure if he's working with another team or not?

Comment

• BC has said himself that there isn't much potential at the centre position in this draft, and this, at least to me, essentially hints that we won't be getting one via drafting this year. That being said, I still say he would easily take Kanter if available, but probably not anyone else (Vesely, Valanciunas etc). Like I said before, this team needs someone with a presence at the centre spot, someone with a strong build (and skills of course), Kanter has that, whereas the other aforementioned Euros in this draft are rather thin and slight, so are guys like Chandler and Gasol but these two guys will never match their skill-set, and we already have a front court of lean, wiry players.

IF taking a big, shoot for Biyombo, not at all an offensive threat, and might not ever be one, but he protects the rim, is energetic, athletic, and does more than just rebound like block shots. NBA-ready body too from what I understand.

So with all the talk about Valanciunas and Vesely, I honestly think that in a 1,2,3 years etc from now, we won't be saying "damn, we should've drafted one of those guys."

I'm not gonna lie, Knight intrigues me, and from what I understand, they intrigue Utah too. Don't you think that Utah's scouting staff, who have a great draft record (Kirilenko, Milsap, D-Will) are right on this one? Then again, these rumors can be false, and they may not draft him at all, just something to consider though.

All in all, with the 5th spot, if Kanter is unavailable, the Raps should take strong looks at Biyombo, Knight, Walker, Kawhi Leonard, and Alec Burks (who many are saying might just be the best value in the lottery.)

Comment

• I'd rather not start another thread about the draft, but maybe one of the mods can include a poll in one of the existing threads on who each of us would like to select at the 5 spot? Pretty much throw Kyrie Irving and Derrick Williams out, add maybe 8 names to the list??

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                        I'd rather not start another thread about the draft, but maybe one of the mods can include a poll in one of the existing threads on who each of us would like to select at the 5 spot? Pretty much throw Kyrie Irving and Derrick Williams out, add maybe 8 names to the list??
                        Agreed, I'd like to see the general consensus from the community on who to draft. There was a poll on a website (I think Toronto Sun or the Star) that asked this, and I think Kemba Walker took 52% of the vote, Kanter was 2nd, can't remember the other names up there.

Comment

He was one of the best players in college basketball. So was Ed O'Bannon, Bobby Hurley, J.J. Reddick and Jimmer Freddick. What does that have to do with the NBA?

He's about 5'9 and he doesn't really do anything at high level except score.
                          Even though Kemba is 5'10 or 6' he shown that he can play at a high level on offense and defense. He's a better playmaker than Knight and his leadership and desire is just the jolt this team needs. Also if Kanter is taken before our pick and you had Knight, Kemba, Valanciunas, Biyombo, Kahwi and Donatas still on board who would you pick?

Comment

• Its kinda hard to really say who the raps should draft specially with all the trade talks with minni and all. I think it would be easier when we know what # we're picking from.

Comment

• Marc Gasol could likely be out of Memphis' price range - paying a max deal to Gay, and huge deals to Randolph and Conley.

I'd love to draft Kemba or Knight (Kemba for NBA ready, Knight for superstar potential) and add Gasol, while somehow getting Jose off the books in a deal for a lesser contract (I'm not sure how legit any of those Jose to Wolves rumors are though) - Maybe take Ridnour off their hands at his smaller deal.

Kemba - Bayless - Ridnour
                              DeMar - Barbosa
                              James Johnson - Vet FA - Kleiza
                              Bargnani - Ed
                              Marc Gasol - Amir - Alabi
                              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• I don't care what happens but we need kanter if not i see kemba walker since im not feeling bayless's game, kemba should be a better back up, it will remind us of the double trouble of jose calderon passing and controle skills and tj ford scoring guard

Comment

Working...
                                X