• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan590 Interviews /w BC and Triano regarding trade

Bryan Colangelo

Jay Triano

Source

Thanks for posting
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      Thanks for posting
      Agree, thanks.

Comment

BC is interesting to listen to. He sounds like he really knows what he's doing to a point where his moves should reflect the way he sounds and conducts himself. If you look at franchises that tend to do really well for years, is there a blueprint for success? Utah and San Antonio comes to mind. The current Hornets team may be one of those teams where their GM (came from the San Antonio system) and the coach (came from a Portland / McMillan system), is paying dividends.

I think BC knows what he's doing but he's the kind of GM that has always had the backing of franchises with money (same as Pritchard). I think this can be a lesson in frugality (his recent moves, and upcoming CBA). I think he needs to take less risks and not swing for the fences as much. Think OKC.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Agree, thanks.
          +1

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            BC is interesting to listen to. He sounds like he really knows what he's doing to a point where his moves should reflect the way he sounds and conducts himself. If you look at franchises that tend to do really well for years, is there a blueprint for success? Utah and San Antonio comes to mind. The current Hornets team may be one of those teams where their GM (came from the San Antonio system) and the coach (came from a Portland / McMillan system), is paying dividends.

I think BC knows what he's doing but he's the kind of GM that has always had the backing of franchises with money (same as Pritchard). I think this can be a lesson in frugality (his recent moves, and upcoming CBA). I think he needs to take less risks and not swing for the fences as much. Think OKC.
            That dunce cap might be on you if you don't change your avatar soon...By the way, you got Stern's quote completely wrong...

Comment

the new CBA, I hope We dont miss any ball because of it
              ya dun noe

Comment

hmm, BC seems to have a different perspective on the Peja signing than I had assumed he would.
                It sounds like he has really bought into the rebuild (without the laydown). I like it.

Comment

Toronto Raptors' President & GM with Bob McCown & John Shannon

Source

BC talks about Bayless, trade, his contract and more.
                  Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Nov 24, 2010, 02:07 PM.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                    Toronto Raptors' President & GM with Bob McCown & John Shannon

Source

BC talks about Bayless, trade, his contract and more.
                    Thanks for posting link. It is 2 days old but here are things that struck me about hte interview:

1) McGowan asked him about trading Jarret or Jose and McGowan referenced last year when he said one or the other (JJ and Jose) could be moved. BC made the comment 1:40, "If I'm not going to move one I'll move both." Jose may not be here if a take comes around - I still like the idea of moving Jose's contract, not Jose the player though. That would really provide flexibility.

2) The closer to the deadline we get the more valuable Peja's contract should become for teams looking to shed salary, facilitating trades, or for a contender looking for a proven 3-pt shooter.

3) I really can't wait to see Bayless play to see what he does. This is the first true chance he'll get. He also played well in last year's playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                    X