Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Lowry walk (which he won't) which of these best available PG packages who you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really do think KL will resign with us.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
      Depends on what you mean by panic. The post I was replying to said that Ennis or such is likely to be as good as Lowry by his second year. Delirium.

The Raptors will draft some prospect either way next week, but they can't build their whole plan around such expectations. It seems far more reasonable to think that the rookie will never reach that level, and if he does, it will take many years.

I think it's delirious to think "Lowry left? Oh no problem, we drafted Elfrid Payton who has never played an NBA game, he will be like Lowry in no time and we'll keep building a contender." If Lowry leaves, the plan will have to be re-thought. Tanking is one option, but maybe it's not necessary, maybe they can sign a major free agent PG like Bledsoe or Dragic this year or next year.
      And if Payton or Ennis or whatever other prospect develops, well, that's great. Maybe that changes these plans. But for now that's not a plan, that's a long shot hope.
      Talk about contradicting yourself. Bledsoe is an acceptable replacement? The same Bledsoe who was drafted 18th and and was basically playing awesome in his 2nd full season (hurt in real 2nd season, barely played). It's not outlandish at all to think Ennis will be a Bledsoe/Lowry quality PG in year 2. Bledsoe is another perfect example of a PG drafted around 20 that became very good very quickly.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        Talk about contradicting yourself. Bledsoe is an acceptable replacement? The same Bledsoe who was drafted 18th and and was basically playing awesome in his 2nd full season (hurt in real 2nd season, barely played). It's not outlandish at all to think Ennis will be a Bledsoe/Lowry quality PG in year 2. Bledsoe is another perfect example of a PG drafted around 20 that became very good very quickly.
        By year 5 he'll probably be better than Chris Paul!!

I think you are trying to see a contradiction where there is none. There are some amazing stories late in the draft. There are many more mediocre picks there every year.

I think it's that time of the year when fans fall in love with some late draft prospects, and sometimes those prospects develop into somebody, most of the time it doesn't work out so well.

To like a prospect, that's ok. To say that Lowry isn't essential because the Raptors can draft Payton or Ennis who will "probably be just as capable as Lowry" "by year 2"... that's getting carried away.

Comment

Working...
        X