No announcement yet.

Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you guys are missing the fact that DD and Fields cant shoot. We will need to have someone at the 2/3 position to play consistent minutes (and perhaps more importantly crunch time minutes) that can actually shoot the ball from distance. Ross seems like the obvious choice to me. LK will play some and JC will play some 2 down the stretch .. but a consistent lineuip of DD and Fields wont be very successful imo - thus suggesting Ross will get consistent minutes (hopefuly alongside Lowry)

Comment

At the end of the day, I expect nearly 10 guys to play a night.

Starters: Lowry, Derozan, Fields, Bargnani, Valanciunas
      Reserves: Calderon, Ross, Kleiza, Amir

Than you still have Lucas, Anderson, Ed, Gray, and Maguire all waiting in the wings. It's extremely hard to keep any of our guys off the floor, it's all going to depend on - what everyone is constantly saying - match-ups, the team, and the situation.

For Example; Miami Heat. I can see us playing small ball, with Kleiza at the four possibly, or move Demar/Ross to the 3, even a 2 PG lineup. Miami is extremely versatile defensively, so we want to counter them with versatile offense (for it seems that Miami's versatility has destroyed big teams i.e. OKC, Boston, Indiana).

Los Angeles Lakers. We fill Ed, Amir, and Gray into the rotation to guard and attack Pau and Dwight down low, fouls will be an issue considering Valanciunas. Not to mention against a guy like Kobe and Nash, defenders are a need. Maguire, and Anderson are ideal choices in terms of bench. Possibly a big, defensive lineup of Lowry, Fields, Maguire, Bargnani, Gray (rotation, not starting).

Just some opinions.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

i think jl3 is only getting time if lowry and or jose are having an off night, otherwise 5 minutes a game. i think jl3 will get burn when he comes in and shoots very well but if not they will bring back the other 2 guards. ross will be getting 15-20 minutes a game i think. he will get less on nights he makes defensive mistakes or is really having a bad shooting night. mcguire/gray/anderson will be matchup guys. i cant see them not playing kleiza and his 5 million contract if only to garner intrest from other teams, unless he is damaging the team dynamics

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
          I think you guys are missing the fact that DD and Fields cant shoot. We will need to have someone at the 2/3 position to play consistent minutes (and perhaps more importantly crunch time minutes) that can actually shoot the ball from distance. Ross seems like the obvious choice to me. LK will play some and JC will play some 2 down the stretch .. but a consistent lineuip of DD and Fields wont be very successful imo - thus suggesting Ross will get consistent minutes (hopefuly alongside Lowry)
          I think Fields comes around.

Comment

8 man rotations are usually back up PG a wing and a big which works for some teams but the bench players are to close in talent to have clear cut guys every game other then Jose. IMO Ross, Ed and Amir all need to play (Jose is obvious) which takes it to 9. I'd like to see McGuire play before Kleiza as I like him as our wing stopper and his intangibles (boards, moves the ball well and defense). Alan Anderson and JL3 have both played really well and look poised to steal minutes and Gray will get some burn vs D12, Bynum and Bogut type match ups. The only player I'm not looking forward to seeing on the court at this point is Kleiza. Yes he can score in bunches but I don't see what else he can bring to the table. I'd rather have McGuire on and let other players take the shots or have Anderson's all around better game. I can't see Casey playing 8 guys a night my guess is 10 regularly.

Comment

I think Casey is indicating an 8-9 man rotation for 1 game. This rotation may change accordingly. I really think he has a pool of capable players to choose from.

Either way, Amir deserves minutes. I think he earned it this preseason over anyone else.

John Lucas is that guy he can put in when we're searching on offense.

I think Alan Anderson outplayed Kleiza; therefore, he deserves to be put ahead of LK in the depth chart.

From what I have seen, my depth chart would look like:

PG: Lowry / Calderon / Lucas
              SG: DeRozan / Ross / Lucas
              SF: Fields / Anderson / Kleiza / McGuire
              PF: Bargnani / Davis / Johnson
              C: Valanciunas / Johnson / Gray
              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

I think the bottom line here is that this team is a very well balanced team and by bringing in the second unit you are not going to lose much off the team at all. The question here is though ; how can you leave John Lucas off some of the playing time as well as Ross you have to give him some minutes. It is a very tough decision for Casey to make but is it not a great feeling to have that all of the people on the roster can play some ball and that the rest of the players on the bench are not just fillers to fill out the bench as was last year! This is one of the first years that I can say that this is a well balanced team with a very good chance to make the playoffs if they stay healthy!!
                Last edited by badbob; Tue Oct 23, 2012, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Obviously BC has to trade 2-3 medium good guys to get I good SF and one loser. Loser goes to 14th man status, good SF displaces one of the two remaining medium good guys to go to second SF spot. That's all the tinkering required

Comment

i think JL3 is going to end up playing more time at SG than actual PG. wouldn't shock me if he logs more minutes than ross.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      i think JL3 is going to end up playing more time at SG than actual PG. wouldn't shock me if he logs more minutes than ross.
                      At least for the first half of the season. Let's face it...there will be injuries. Nice thing about the depth is there shouldn't be a driving need to bring anyone back too soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X